SA State Sponsorship - Are you waiting

Guest The "legdes"

Guest Jacky L

Congratulations Mel R!!!!!!! and Tigers08!!!

Well done!

We had our meds done on Thursday 14th and sent off police checks, so no hadnt front loaded our application - heard theres a back log of processing the meds as they are clearing week 8th April! OH NO! Just been away on a hen weekend and now just putting it all on one side AGAIN, prob hear in about 6 weeks our agent said......

Jacky L

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damo

Still no news from me. Very frustrating. I emailed them on Friday and they haven't even repsonded to that. Boo

Guest Taylors08

Hi everyone,

Looks like this are starting to get moving now!! Wish we'd gone for the 176 in the first place!!!

We applied for State sponsorship on the 20th April and it was granted on the 14th May, So just waiting for a CO now.. We have also front loaded out PCC and medicals, so hopefully shouldnt be to long!!

Good luck everyone.

Kelly x

Guest tigers08
Hi everyone,

Looks like this are starting to get moving now!! Wish we'd gone for the 176 in the first place!!!

We applied for State sponsorship on the 20th April and it was granted on the 14th May, So just waiting for a CO now.. We have also front loaded out PCC and medicals, so hopefully shouldnt be to long!!

Good luck everyone.

Kelly x

hi kelly, well we only had to wait 15 days for our visa to be granted last friday 15th may. approved for south aus on 30th april,as we had our police checks and meds all finalised our agent said it speeded it right up.

Guest Taylors08
hi kelly, well we only had to wait 15 days for our visa to be granted last friday 15th may. approved for south aus on 30th april,as we had our police checks and meds all finalised our agent said it speeded it right up.

Thanks Tigers,

Fingers crossed we arent to long now..

Guest The "legdes"

Latest Update:

SA SS App Progress

chidge10--------------04/03-------16/03---------------176.....granted 24/4 (40 days)

Mariana--------------04/03-------16/03---------------475...granted 22/4 ? (38 days?)

daffodil -------------04/03----------/-------------- granted 29/4

Mel.R------------------------------17/03---------------25/03 .......granted 28/4 (43 days)

mily----------------------------------/------------------25/03........granted 28/4 (43 days)

wingywangwoo-------------------/------------------30/4 granted

The "legdes"----------------------23/03-----(176)---02/04-------rejected... 30/4 ... queried as weren't over the DIAC age limit 30/4....granted 4/5 (39/43 days)

tigers08---------------------------23/03---------------02/04------granted 30/4 (28 days)

Dawny-----------------------24/03-----(176)----06/04------------ granted 30/04 (25 days)

Kelly(Taylors08)--------------------------------06/04------(176)----granted 24/5 (19 days)

L1sa--------------------------13/3---------------19/04------------- 15/5------- (28 days)

Briggs---------------------------------------------08/04------------15/5--------(38 days)

Damo-------------------------/---(176)----------09/04---------(not fl) --

Merlino---------------------/-----------------09/04---------(nt fl - 475)-----18/5 (40days)

katypritchard---------------27/03---------------09/04[/img]-----6/4 granted ss (35 days)

paddy-----------------------25/3---------------16/4---------------18/5 granted ( 33 days)

paulimouse---------------------27/4-----(475)--------6/5---------

SA SS DIAC Progress

Name ____Visa SA DATE FL DIAC LODGE DIAC CO VISA DAYS TAKEN

Marianna - 475........22/4................

Chidge10 - 176 .......24/4......(FL).....

Mel R - ...................28/4.......................................CO 14/5.......Visa !!!!!! 19/5

Mily ?? - ................28/4....................

JackyL..........................29/4..................................CO 14/5

Tigers08 - ..................30/4.........(FL).................. CO 13/5........VISA !!!!! 15/5 (15 days )

Wingywangwoo .............30/4...............

Dawny - 176 ...........30/4..................

Ledges (Caroline)- 176 ..4/5 ...(07/07/08, FL&met).......

GForce2001.......14/5.................

L1sa .................15/5..................

Briggs................15/5.................

Kelly (Taylors08).15/5.......

Paddy..................18/5.................

Merlino.............................18/5.............(not FL)...

Guest damo

Checked again today, still nothing! What is going on?!!! Emailed them again as still no reply from last week. Don't know what else I can do!

Guest The "legdes"

Hey Damo,

Don't know what else you can do. Perhaps someone else will know. - If you have any ideas please drop Damo a line.

Anyway mate - every day that passes we are ALL one day closer...I know the waiting is a killer but it'll come in the end!

Guest damo

Now 51 days since they received my paperwork and still nothing.................Given up caring now

Hi i checked my online status page today for the 475 visa.

Now, it says 'application being processed further' .

Can somebody tells me what this means please?

Do i have something to worry about?

Guest Jacky L

Hiya,

Nothing to worry about, but I would say that this means that you have a Case Officer or someone updating your application as the exact same thing happened to us last week:

Application Status

5/09/08 Application Received - processing commenced

5/09/08 Application fee received

13/5/09 Application being processed further....

14/5/09 - I had notification from our Agent that we were assigned to a Case Officer.....

So keep checking your emails every 5 mins he he! Fingers crossed and keep us informed Briggs!

Jacky

Guest Mel.R
Now 51 days since they received my paperwork and still nothing.................Given up caring now

Damo

If you are up to 51 days, then it is only another 7 and you are up to the 8 weeks that they state.

Maybe if you have not heard by that time, it might be an idea to give them a call - or ask your agent to if you have one.

It could be a simple clerical error - you never know.

I know that won't make you feel any better.

Good luck

Mx

Guest tigers08

yer think u might as well wait for ur co to ask u to go get them, we all ready had ours finalised in feb, so when we got our co last week our visa was granted 2 days later,

yer u might as well wait for the co now, processing further means u have co. ours changed to processing further on 13th may, and on 15th may we had our visa, but as we had our meds all ready finalised and done in feb , it really speeded it up.

Guest tigers08
Damo

If you are up to 51 days, then it is only another 7 and you are up to the 8 weeks that they state.

Maybe if you have not heard by that time, it might be an idea to give them a call - or ask your agent to if you have one.

It could be a simple clerical error - you never know.

I know that won't make you feel any better.

Good luck

Mx

you ok mel, is jim cleaning his tools or buying new. hope the other guys on here join us soon dont you and get there visas through. have u looked at any flights yet, we have till 28th feb 2010 to enter but we hoping to go aug/sept time. just have to wait for a hernia operation at moment as cant fly for 6 weeks after that. always something isnt there. do u keep saying to your selves, hey we got our visas, lol we do lol

Guest Mel.R
you ok mel, is jim cleaning his tools or buying new. hope the other guys on here join us soon dont you and get there visas through. have u looked at any flights yet, we have till 28th feb 2010 to enter but we hoping to go aug/sept time. just have to wait for a hernia operation at moment as cant fly for 6 weeks after that. always something isnt there. do u keep saying to your selves, hey we got our visas, lol we do lol

Am dying to book the flights, but our house is due to exchange any minute now, and all of a sudden someone has picked up a problem lower in the chain. i have a awful feeling it could all fall through any minute now :arghh:

Mx

Guest tigers08
Am dying to book the flights, but our house is due to exchange any minute now, and all of a sudden someone has picked up a problem lower in the chain. i have a awful feeling it could all fall through any minute now :arghh:

Mx

fingers crossed for you then. we had couple of viewings but thats about it, hardly any equity now so might just leave it.

Guest tigers08
Hi, we have had our SA sponsorship approved today, yipee!!

congratulations guys . have a drink ..

Guest The "legdes"

Well congratulations Briggsy - you're on the way now !

Welcome Kelly - I've added you to the list.

Latest Update:

SA SS App Progress

chidge10--------------04/03-------16/03---------------176.....granted 24/4 (40 days)

Mariana--------------04/03-------16/03---------------475...granted 22/4 ? (38 days?)

daffodil -------------04/03----------/-------------- granted 29/4

Mel.R------------------------------17/03---------------25/03 .......granted 28/4 (43 days)

mily----------------------------------/------------------25/03........granted 28/4 (43 days)

wingywangwoo-------------------/------------------30/4 granted

The "legdes"----------------------23/03-----(176)---02/04-------rejected... 30/4 ... queried as weren't over the DIAC age limit 30/4....granted 4/5 (39/43 days)

tigers08---------------------------23/03---------------02/04------granted 30/4 (28 days)

Dawny-----------------------24/03-----(176)----06/04------------ granted 30/04 (25 days)

Kelly(Taylors08)--------------------------------06/04------(176)----granted 24/5 (19 days)

L1sa--------------------------13/3---------------19/04------------- 15/5------- (28 days)

Briggs---------------------------------------------08/04------------15/5--------(38 days)

Damo-------------------------/---(176)----------09/04---------(not fl) --

Merlino---------------------/-----------------09/04---------(nt fl - 475)-----18/5 (40days)

katypritchard---------------27/03---------------09/04[/img]-----6/4 granted ss (35 days)

paddy-----------------------25/3---------------16/4---------------18/5 granted ( 33 days)

Kelly&gazpj---------------------------------------------------------granted 21/5

paulimouse---------------------27/4-----(475)--------6/5---------

SA SS DIAC Progress

Name ____Visa SA DATE FL DIAC LODGE DIAC CO VISA DAYS TAKEN

Marianna - 475........22/4................

Chidge10 - 176 .......24/4......(FL).....

Mel R - ...................28/4.......................................CO 14/5.......Visa !!!!!! 19/5

Mily ?? - ................28/4....................

JackyL..........................29/4..................................CO 14/5

Tigers08 - ..................30/4.........(FL).................. CO 13/5........VISA !!!!! 15/5 (15 days )

Wingywangwoo .............30/4...............

Dawny - 176 ...........30/4..................

Ledges (Caroline)- 176 ..4/5 ...(07/07/08, FL&met).......

GForce2001.......14/5.................

L1sa .................15/5..................

Briggs................15/5...........475 ...not FL ... CO 21/5 (6 days)....

Kelly (Taylors08).15/5.......

Paddy..................18/5.................

Merlino.............................18/5.............(not FL)...

Kelly&gazpj........................21/5.............................

Guest The "legdes"

Guys,

Just an observation - from Briggsy it looks like DIAC can definately recieve and authorise a SA SS within 6 days as thats how long it took from their SS offer to CO - of course they might be giving different priorities to 475 s ???

Guest kelly&gazpj
Hey guys!!!

Should i go for my medicals? or wait for the CO to tell me?

I am confused!

us 2!!!! just paid £172.50 to our agency to make the changes to our visa now that we have got SA SS (more money!!) I suppose now we wait for instruction from them.

OH Trade went off CSL so changed from a 175 to a 176 visa

Submitted online app for SA SS 28/03/09

Other supporting Docs received 28/04/09

SS approved 20/05/09

DIAC VISA REF SUBMITTED 21/05/09 and now we wait......:SLEEP: (altough there are some positive timescales going on on here:v_SPIN:)

Guest damo

I really don't get this. Bloody good luck to all who have had their SS granted but how is it that many have applied much later than me and I'm still waiting to hear. Seems to me the SA gov are every bit as incompetent as our own!

Archived