NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Thank you for listening! I just feel so stupid for putting my family through this upheaval so soon honestly when i sent my application away I was so naive thinking my qualification was the equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree why? Because of ANMAC!!! My worry was criteria 8 - which wasnt really a concern as I found out when I contacted my uni!! Hindsight would have been such a blessing, if only!!

If anyone is entitled to have a rant it's everyone on this thread! I've become obsessed too with checking for updates! One day I'll hit thec refresh button to someone with the diploma saying they got their registration through! If only!!

I hope so Bouncy, we've all got so much experience that can only benefit the Australian people, and we're being turned away! Very sad!

Thank you for listening! I just feel so stupid for putting my family through this upheaval so soon honestly when i sent my application away I was so naive thinking my qualification was the equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree why? Because of ANMAC!!! My worry was criteria 8 - which wasnt really a concern as I found out when I contacted my uni!! Hindsight would have been such a blessing, if only!!

Are you following twitter?

I asked about twitter, as the only reason we are being given for refusal is the AQF level they assess us at! Waiting the justification for our Dip HE being classed as AQF6!!

My husband an I have emailed everyone we could think of about the AQF no one knows how we can be compared to this! It is sole destroying 3 years of hard work to be told u are equivalent to their 18 month diploma has anyone contacted the NMC to see how many cat points an Australian Bachelors Degree is or their Diploma??? That might be 2 moros job, have put it off as I Know the NMC have been trying to clear a backlog due to ahpra!

Ha, I just have all the pages open in my I phone so can flick through refresh and hope for good news! I'm disappointed a lot!

Disappointed is how I feel every morning when I ha checked my emails & post and find nothing from ahpra, then I try really hard to convince myself no news must be good news lol!

Hi there

just wondered why are you considering the bridging course if you have a degree?? I think that is just for diploma qualified nurses. You can apply to aphra when you have your nmc pin

regards

They might also require bridging course to degree-holders without experience. Or those with degree + experience but do not come from US/UK/Canada. For example, Philippine nurses who are all degree-holders are required to take 3-months, 1-yr or 2-yr uni course depending on the institution attended, experience, and IELTS scores. Those with experience, accredited school, and IELTS >/7 in all areas are usually asked to take the 3-month bridging course.

Edited by Antigone

morning guys, just a quick update for you.I woke up to an email from APHRA....i have received notice of in principal APPROVAL registration subject to proof of identity (being passport and proofof Aus address) to present in person by the 4th July 2015.

though hopefully it provides you some hope they are finally doing registrations, unfortunately i was Bsc with Hons trained not diploma. it is exactly 4 months to the day i originally applied.

Hopefully this is a sign that many more of us will be receiving some good news............good luck everyonexx

morning guys, just a quick update for you.I woke up to an email from APHRA....i have received notice of in principal APPROVAL registration subject to proof of identity (being passport and proofof Aus address) to present in person by the 4th July 2015.

though hopefully it provides you some hope they are finally doing registrations, unfortunately i was Bsc with Hons trained not diploma. it is exactly 4 months to the day i originally applied.

Hopefully this is a sign that many more of us will be receiving some good news............good luck everyonexx

That's great news for you, but sadly not for all of us Diploma nurses who have been waiting a lot longer than 4 months, just highlights how our qualifications are being viewed.

Good luck in Oz

That's great news for you, but sadly not for all of us Diploma nurses who have been waiting a lot longer than 4 months, just highlights how our qualifications are being viewed.

Good luck in Oz

Ty Geordie,i knew the update would be bitter sweet..........best wishes to all of you diploma trained.....ridiculous the wait and changes made and hope frustration of it all is resolved xx

Who audits Ahpras assessment processes I wonder? We need to get to those people and make them see the incongruencies between assessing our quals!!

It may be worth writing to these people as it looks like they have something to do with the accreditation of of health professionals?

Ms Katy Gallagher MLA

Chair

Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council

PO Box 1020

Canberra ACT 2600

or

Governance Committee

National Registration and Accreditation Implementation Project

PO Box 2089

Woden ACT 2606

Thankyou everyone who is fighting for our cause, every letter, email, tweet may help.......we can not just lay down and let APHRA make this ridiculous decision. With TRA saying the AQF framework is assessed by ANMAC then we really must have a case. Surely legally this can't stand up?!?! Keep fighting everyone and good luck!!

It may be worth writing to these people as it looks like they have something to do with the accreditation of of health professionals?

Ms Katy Gallagher MLA

Chair

Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council

PO Box 1020

Canberra ACT 2600

or

Governance Committee

National Registration and Accreditation Implementation Project

PO Box 2089

Woden ACT 2606

Thankyou everyone who is fighting for our cause, every letter, email, tweet may help.......we can not just lay down and let APHRA make this ridiculous decision. With TRA saying the AQF framework is assessed by ANMAC then we really must have a case. Surely legally this can't stand up?!?! Keep fighting everyone and good luck!!

Good research

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that something is at least happening. I have a Swedish Bachelor Degree and are hoping to hear some good news soon. First applied in oct-13 and still waiting.

Blimey you all have been busy! I shall do my bit too, I haven't as yet applied to APHRA as I was waiting for the rest of my stuff to come back, today I found out that on my 2nd attempt I have passed my ielts, so I'm mega chuffed...but it is indeed bitter sweet as although all the visa steps are starting to take place, currently waiting for my anmac now and then I'm ready for visa application...I ask myself is all this going to be wise considering I might not even be able to work there???

i really feel for all of you that have been going through this for months and especially those that have sold houses and are either waiting or already over there! I can't imagine the stress u must be going through.

I'm just really hoping they start to look at this, with all of the uproar it's causing. I'm slightly anxious especially with the publicity ranking up they don't change the goalposts further and change anmac or visa requirements!!! Eek!

I have already started looking at bridging courses, just to gain some insight into what potentially I might get offered. 3 months course in a state I don't want to live in and no clue how I'm going to support my family whilst doing it...doesn't sound promising!!!

Congratulations :) xxxx

Congratulations. It's nice to hear someone getting some good news on this thread x