NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hello! First time poster!

Feel like I am currently drowning it paperwork, but I determined to get through it!

I am currently stuck on my AHPRA CV at the clinical skills/procedures.

I have alot of competencies that I gained via my intensive care qualification, but I am unsure if that is what they are looking for. Or are they looking for a big long list of stuff like oral meds, washing, oral hygiene, MUST score etc. And if so, how can I show competencies for these things? I have a bunch of certificates for more CPD points, but not really for the basic stuff.

Help!

Hi am gathering documents for ahpra as hoping to get anmac in few weeks however emailed ahpra to see if my Nmc good standing still ok as it sent sep at same time as to anmac, :( reply states they don't have it!! I have letter from Nmc to say it sent. What to do bite bullet and resend or point out to ahpra that they really should have it. Think seen others with similar problem so best best to resolve welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi there

I heard from one of the agencies that you no longer need to complete AHPRA registration for international Nurses in Australia. They said you can apparently

sent your proof of address and I.D from whatever country you are and you will be fully registered. Can anyone confirm this please, I tried to search it on AHPRA website and couldn't find it.

Guest Guest 47403
Hi there

I heard from one of the agencies that you no longer need to complete AHPRA registration for international Nurses in Australia. They said you can apparently

sent your proof of address and I.D from whatever country you are and you will be fully registered. Can anyone confirm this please, I tried to search it on AHPRA website and couldn't find it.

That would be nice but really doubt it will ever be that easy!

Hi there

I think you should recheck again because it does not make sense..

Sorry if this is a really dumb question but I've just been looking at the APHRA application form (AGOS 40) and am a bit confused about the Proof of Identity requirements...

The form says I need to provide proof of ID documents from categories A,B and C but I do not currently have any of the documentation they list on the form - i.e. I don't have my visa in my passport yet, or an aus driving license or an australian address (as I'm applying from the UK). I know I will have these things once I actually arrive in Aus but how can I provide copies (it says copies need to be attached to the application form) if I don't yet have the identity documents required? Do you just tick the ones you will be presenting when you arrive in Aus to verify your application?

I hope this makes sense, and that someone can help?!

Edited by lounrich

Hi, I'm a midwife from Scotland looking to move in the next 6/7 months. My boyfriend lives in Melbourne which is the reason why I'm on a bit of a time limit. By the time I hope to move over I will have 4 years experience, but I don't know where to start.

I'm not going to apply for PR until I'm over there, so looking to go on a 457 although I'm 24 so I can still get a working holiday visa if I need to.

Just wondering what order I should do things really. Do I need an employer to offer me a job and then apply for a 457, or does the employer do it all from their side (and I take it I am liable for the costs in any case?)

and should I do the IELTS and apply for AHPRA as soon as possible. So confused as to how to go about it all

Thanks

Sorry if this is a really dumb question but I've just been looking at the APHRA application form (AGOS 40) and am a bit confused about the Proof of Identity requirements...

The form says I need to provide proof of ID documents from categories A,B and C but I do not currently have any of the documentation they list on the form - i.e. I don't have my visa in my passport yet, or an aus driving license or an australian address (as I'm applying from the UK). I know I will have these things once I actually arrive in Aus but how can I provide copies (it says copies need to be attached to the application form) if I don't yet have the identity documents required? Do you just tick the ones you will be presenting when you arrive in Aus to verify your application?

I hope this makes sense, and that someone can help?!

hi

i see what u mean about your passport but if you look at the small print this is what it says,

If using your passport, a certified copy of the identity informaton page (the photo page) must be provided

I think they just want u to send a passport that you will be using to travel thats why the mention of the visa.

Hi am gathering documents for ahpra as hoping to get anmac in few weeks however emailed ahpra to see if my Nmc good standing still ok as it sent sep at same time as to anmac, :( reply states they don't have it!! I have letter from Nmc to say it sent. What to do bite bullet and resend or point out to ahpra that they really should have it. Think seen others with similar problem so best best to resolve welcome. Thanks in advance.

Well I emailed aphra saying how disappointing as had letter from Nmc stating date it was posted and :) they found my Nmc good standing so am glad I double checked

i think you dont need IELTs for a 457 visa if educated more than 5 yrs in the uk . you just need Aphra and an employer sponsor i believe

Hi, it's AHPRA that are asking for IELTS. On their website it says all nurses/midwives who have had their secondary education are required to sit IELTS which I think is nonsense since I am a native speaker of English and can prove so.

This is was the document I found http://www.ahpra.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2f2678&dbid=AP&chksum=GtyB%2f62SwgbPNae0tx7PyQ%3d%3d

i think you dont need IELTs for a 457 visa if educated more than 5 yrs in the uk . you just need Aphra and an employer sponsor i believe

Yeah that's right.. If you can get a letter from your school stating you were taught and accessed in English full time for 5years then you do not need Ielts.

Letter must be worded as requested by AHPRA. I had to get mine redone again as the wording wasn't quite right.

:-/

Hi, it's AHPRA that are asking for IELTS. On their website it says all nurses/midwives who have had their secondary education are required to sit IELTS which I think is nonsense since I am a native speaker of English and can prove so.

This is was the document I found http://www.ahpra.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2f2678&dbid=AP&chksum=GtyB%2f62SwgbPNae0tx7PyQ%3d%3d

No no you don't need ielts for ahpra if you can gather 5 years worth of education certificates. I have been a nurse here in QLD since October & I did not sit the IELTS & I also did not have to present to ahpra when I got here. My registration was sent back withing a few weeks & was given my full refistralltion number and was straight on the register. I sent loads of evidence for all sorts so no risk of being asked to send further evidence.

Has anyone any experience/advice for someone going out to Oz newly qualified with no experience? I graduate November and we need to move by December due to my partners visa :/

hi , i know alot of places in oz do a TPP program ' transition to professional practice ' for newly qualifieds to complete first , their is slot of competition for these places , im not sure if hospitals take on newly qualifieds without experience .... without having to do the TPP course sorry , hopefully someone else knows and can help