NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hello knowledgeable people :biggrin:

Anyone that has gone over to oz on a 457, we're you ( did you have to be ) registered with aphra before you left the U.K or did you go over and just wait for registration before starting work?

Not even sure if this is possible but going round in circles with all the websites and different information.

Beka

Hi, I belive you need to have a job offer and sponsorship from employer to apply for

457 and from what I have experienced job offers with sponsorship will

Come wen you have got your latter of eligibility to register from Aphra, unless

U are travelling with a different visa.

Well. I'm back to square one! I sent off my application in October! Had an e mail asking for documents to be certified by a justice of the peace, so had all documents sent over and application deadline was Boxing Day. Had an e mail on Boxing Day to state that my application was being cancelled and I would receive no extension. When I phoned they stated that the magistrate had not put his JP number on the documents. I asked if I could re send and she said no! She advices that I wait until they have decided on the national minimum of qualifications! If its degree, I will have to wait until September to reply or apply as an enrolled nurse. At this rate, all my documents I have currently sent out will have expired nd I will be paying for them to be certified again! I'm getting so on fused by it all! Aggggghhhhhhhhhhh! :arghh:

sorry to hear that

Hi, just to update all you who have applied to Perth office ahpra. I received a letter through my door today posted from AHpra on 30/12/13 (just took a week). I opened it thinking how strange, I thought I would get an email. Anyway, I sent my application off on 31/10/13 to Perth. My letter says that they have decided to offer me an extension till 28th February as all applications once assessed by a case officer have to go through the national board within a certain time frame. If the timeframe has passed and the application has not been assessed by a case officer, then the application has to go to national board and then is refused and classed as incomplete. The letter says then that to prevent this from happening we have extended your application to 28th February. Has anybody else got one of these letters? I just hope it is assessed by 28th Feb, I have just booked flights on 1/1/14 just because I wanted something to look forward to, my flights are not booked till 28th july so worse comes to worse, I could re-apply.

Hi, just to update all you who have applied to Perth office ahpra. I received a letter through my door today posted from AHpra on 30/12/13 (just took a week). I opened it thinking how strange, I thought I would get an email. Anyway, I sent my application off on 31/10/13 to Perth. My letter says that they have decided to offer me an extension till 28th February as all applications once assessed by a case officer have to go through the national board within a certain time frame. If the timeframe has passed and the application has not been assessed by a case officer, then the application has to go to national board and then is refused and classed as incomplete. The letter says then that to prevent this from happening we have extended your application to 28th February. Has anybody else got one of these letters? I just hope it is assessed by 28th Feb, I have just booked flights on 1/1/14 just because I wanted something to look forward to, my flights are not booked till 28th july so worse comes to worse, I could re-apply.

Oh that sounds scary and prolonging the application process. I got an emal

on Monday basically telling me to wait patiently as my application is I a Queue.

I posted it August 2013, trascript requested September and it was recived s week

later and am still waiting.

so this is the year we put our applications in and start the ball rolling :-) we aregonna start to get the house in a sellable condition. we are hoping to go the end of 2015 is that realistic? I'm a midwife so I'm hoping that helps. could anyone advise when would be the best time to start the application process as I know I have to attend an ahpra office within a year from them registering me

thank you x

i would say that's quite realistic to sort out your house, ielts, assessments, registration and diac , if you are planning for a permenant visa judging by others timelines . If you are planning on going on a temp 457 you only need Aphra and sometimes Ielts depending on whether or not you had English education (5yrs) , however you would have loads of time to prepare for that visa if your not aiming to leave until end 2015 as they seem to be processed very quickly at times.

I have not heard of this yet. I hope not coz I have a diploma and awaits

yo hear from Aphra. I heard in New Zealand they want nurses with degrees now.

ditto me too hope not , however it will get complicated i think if they do . for example: if Anmac assess you before this potential change with Aphra - as having acceptable qualification in nursing equivalent to oz nursing , and Anmac give you the green light and successful LOD , how can Aphra say no?

Hi Ali,

thanks for your reply. Sorry I am aware I will get a letter of eligibility. I was just wondering if the email saying my application was in its final stages means I will receive it soon or is this what AHPRA say?

Hi did you get your LOE yet? I applied 27th september and they verified it 1st october 2013. They say its under assessment but still waiting. Its frustrating. I applied in Victoria.

ditto me too hope not , however it will get complicated i think if they do . for example: if Anmac assess you before this potential change with Aphra - as having acceptable qualification in nursing equivalent to oz nursing , and Anmac give you the green light and successful LOD , how can Aphra say no?

Hi ladies, Ahpra took weeks and weeks for me too, in the end I had to send repeated messages to them via their website

Also my diploma was what seen as the acceptable qualification even though I have a degree...as I needed it to be longer than five years for the points for visa, so unless its changed dramatically since September 13 I'm sure you'll be fine :yes:

Hope it comes through for you both soon, the waiting drove me crackers!!

Sam

Quick question, to register at the AHPRA office it states:

If arrived in Australia within the previous 6 weeks:

Original foreign passport or travel document with current Australia visa and proof of date of arrival

Evidence of their current residential address, an original signed statement from a prospective employer/sponsor verifying the identity of the applicant OR an original offer of employment.

So to complete the registration process my wife would be required to show, Passport + Offer of employment? Or does it have to be proof of current residential address + Passport + Offer of employment?

I visited the office in Adelaide when there in Sept to enquire what I would need to complete my registration when I return, they said they will require to see originals of my passport with stamped date of arrival, evidence of my visa & either proof of current address or employment offer. The latter substitutes the current address for those who haven't yet got any ID in the form of utility bills etc. Does that make sense? Mandi x

Sydney AHRPA wanted proof of address, I was actually only staying in a hotel in Sydney for one night then traveling 2hrs south to where wed be living. I had no proof of that address and it was only a short term let.. But they advised me to open a bank account that day and the bank have me a letter with my hotel address on!! (This would never happen in UK) my account was open within 25mind of entering westpac bank and I was back in AHPRA office 10mins after. I just changed my address with westpac a week later with no hassle. (Also made sure they didn't send any letters to the hotel) although I was a bit stressed it was pretty smooth.

I has a similar situation for AHPRA, they wanted the visa record, passport, employment offer AND proof of address so had to nip down to the NAB and get them to write the hotel address onto my bank account details then I ran back to the AHPRA office with this, took 30 mins in all!

Hi All,

my my wait seems endless, having sent my application in mid August, now mid January I emailed again for an update and got the following response

Dear Paul

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with any further updates. We are still waiting for further instructions from the Nursing & Midwifery Board regarding the assessment process for applications for registration for overseas trained nurses and midwives.

I will contact you as soon as we are advised.

wonder if I will ever receive a LOE

Paul

Hi All,

my my wait seems endless, having sent my application in mid August, now mid January I emailed again for an update and got the following response

Dear Paul

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with any further updates. We are still waiting for further instructions from the Nursing & Midwifery Board regarding the assessment process for applications for registration for overseas trained nurses and midwives.

I will contact you as soon as we are advised.

wonder if I will ever receive a LOE

Paul

I feel you Paul coz am in the same shoes and it is so frustrating. I guess we just have to sit tight and pray for the best.