NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi I'm a newly qualified UK nurse with UK registration, and I'm about to start my AHPRA registration, as I know it takes ages, I'm from the UK and can't understand the English language part of the registration process, do I as a UK qualified nurse with a degree and a UK secondary education which was obviously in English need to sit a language test? Oh and I also have an Australian Cert IV in massage Therapy gained in 2008. Any help appreciated

if you can prove u have at least 5 years education in English then you don't need to sit language test, proof would be a letter from your school confirming teaching in English, or signed letter from yourself confirming this, a stat dec....if for some reason you could not supply this then you would need to do the language test, ielts.

Hi

I'm a newly qualified UK nurse with UK registration, and I'm about to start my AHPRA registration, as I know it takes ages, I'm from the UK and can't understand the English language part of the registration process, do I as a UK qualified nurse with a degree and a UK secondary education which was obviously in English need to sit a language test? Oh and I also have an Australian Cert IV in massage Therapy gained in 2008.

Any help appreciated

You need proof you attended secondary school full time, with dates stated and that u were taught and assessed in English, ask your old school if they will do you a letter, this is enough for AHPRA, good luck

Does anyone have a copy of the format they have set there cv as? I'm concerned ahpra are being awkward and want to get everything right. Has anyone been told their cv wasn't detailed enough or was done in the wrong format?

Hi, have h looked at the template on the AHPRA website? I followed that and mine was accepted ok.

god damn I sent wrong application form and money amount I take it they will just send it back and get me to send new one out??

Tiredness isn't good when filling out forms and somewhere at the back of my head I thought the amount I worked out for cost of it all seemed quite low!!

aaarrgghhh anyone else been thick like me and done this??

thanks

god damn I sent wrong application form and money amount I take it they will just send it back and get me to send new one out??

Tiredness isn't good when filling out forms and somewhere at the back of my head I thought the amount I worked out for cost of it all seemed quite low!!

aaarrgghhh anyone else been thick like me and done this??

thanks

How did you realize you had done it wrong? If I were you I would phone them...

Had you download the Agos 40 a while back? I almost did this as I had downloaded Agos 40 last year and was filling it in and for some light bulb moment dont know why I checked site and there was a new addition with increased cost. Maybe just email and ask their advice, the info is the same its just the increase in fee if this is the case. good luck

Hi All,

I need your suggestions!!!

I am planning to move to Perth in coming month from Sydney. I will finish my graduate registered nurse program by that time and I am looking to move to Perth to be close to my family. What I would like to know is what opportunities can I get as a recent registered nurse (with a graduate program completion) in Perth hospitals ? I do not have any preferences but anything which can keep me moving can be great. :smile: What are my chances of landing a nursing job there? I am a AHPRA registered nurse and a permanent resident here. If you are from the nursing background, I kindly request you to please provide me some suggestions in this regard.

Many Thanks

Sandie

Hi, I am a Swedish registered nurse who will move to Sydney in August. I am right now getting all the papers ready for registration to AHPRA and I would be really happy to get someone's professional references to look at since my employer wants me to write the references and he will then sign it for me.

Thankful for all your help to my email malo.kilander@gmail.com

Hi, I am a Swedish registered nurse who will move to Sydney in August. I am right now getting all the papers ready for registration to AHPRA and I would be really happy to get someone's professional references to look at since my employer wants me to write the references and he will then sign it for me.

Thankful for all your help to my email malo.kilander@gmail.com

Do you mean statement of service? You don't need references for AHPRA,

Yes ofcourse... Statement of service is what I meant

I don't have copy, but it literally only needs to state,

What your job title is,

How many hours you work,

How long you have worked there,

Signed and dated by your manager, you must send the original letter to AHPRA.

Hi everyone,

can anyone clarify my situation?we're applying for 189 with husband as main applicant- getting assessed by accountancy body. We're not claiming any points for my qualification (midwife) but I will want to practice when we get the kids settled. Do I need to apply to anmac and aphra or just aphra. I am figuring that anmac would assess my skills if I was on the visa application but am not needing this....am I?!

Sorry for being a thicko!

​J :->

Edited by Janine Lawson
Typos

I don't have copy, but it literally only needs to state,

What your job title is,

How many hours you work,

How long you have worked there,

Signed and dated by your manager, you must send the original letter to AHPRA.

Alright. Thank you! Obviously I have mixed these things up. So for the registration to AHPRA I only need a short Statement of Registration of my previous emplyments? Will a need a longer professional reference to apply or is this good only when I start searching for jobs in Australia?

​Hi There

I am new to the forum, and have been lurking and reading the threads for the past couple of months. I am a children's nurse looking at emigrating (hopefully) to Australia.

I have started to get my paperwork together for my anmac application, but I have reached a bit of a stumbling block. I have managed to get statements of employment from both my current and previous employer. I have also got a reference from my current manager but my previous manager is on maternity leave! I have tried ringing both my current hospital and previous hospitals HR Department to try and get my hands on the reference my previous manager had written for me, but I am not having much joy!

Does anyone who has gone through the ANMAC application know if I can get away with just a professional reference from my current employer? I do not need the extra points on the visa application for work experience, but still unsure if they require professional references from all previous employers?

Any help would be great as I am a bit stuck!

NSW Health sponsored Nures on LA 120 permanent visa

Looking for information from Nurses sponsored by NSW Health. If you have been sponsored by your hospital (NSW Health hospital) on LA 120 (permanent) visa how long you have to work for your sponsorer before your can leave the hospital.

Any info much appreciated.

......Mansawant

NSW Health sponsored Nures on LA 120 permanent visa

Looking for information from Nurses sponsored by NSW Health. If you have been sponsored by your hospital (NSW Health hospital) on LA 120 (permanent) visa how long you have to work for your sponsorer before your can leave the hospital.

Any info much appreciated.

......Mansawant

Hello everybody!

I am yet another nurse dealing with the horrors of AHPRA. Pretty sure the whole process is going to drive me entirely crazy!

After they received my application and took full payment i still hadn't heard a thing from them ....(i'm sure this story sounds remarkably familiar)

so after some emails sent they have now acknowledged that yes indeed they have received my application .... buuuuuuuuut

"due the high volume of overseas applications, there is currently no time frame available for assessment of internationally qualified Nursing and Midwifery applications."

:arghh:

So given this is the statement they are handing out any views on how often it is reasonable to now be bothering them about the progress of the application???

Thanks guys!!!

Hi folks, I posted this I the nurses' thread but have had no response. Can anyone help?:

"Hi folks,

I've got a quick question regarding pay bands in Oz. I am currently a Band 5 on Agenda for Change and am at pay point 18 (£22,903pa), and will have 4 years post-reg experience when we move.

What pay points would I commence at in Aus (specifically in WA or QLD)? Would I start at the bottom of the RN bandings and work my way up, or would I commence a few points in?

​Thanks in advance :-)"