NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi Ali, Unfortunately it says the letter of eligibility from AHPRA is not sufficient so I was trying to see if anyone had gone through the same process recently. Thanks for your quick reply.. :-)

If she is registered with AHPRA then I've always been led to assume it's the modified assessment

Hi everyone,

I've got my PR 190 visa & busy planning on moving to Adelaide later this year Sept/Oct. I'm just about to apply to AHPRA for registration & yes I have a few questions!......

So I'm hoping a few of you will be able to help...

Has anyone got an idea on average how long applications are taking in the current climate in Adelaide?

Am I right to presume it is acceptable to submit my IELTS certificate instead of my secondary education evidence?

How are people including evidence of their CPD? Can it be listed in my CV with dates, hours etc? are copies of certificates from study days/courses required to be enclosed?

Will my own CV format be acceptable providing it has all the required elements requested or is it advisable to presented it in the format given as a guide?

Also does my CV need to be certified? or is my signature suffice?

I know there's a few! Soorrrrrry!! Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanku Mandi

Hi everyone, (may have posted this elsewhere too...sorry)!

I've got my PR 190 visa, planning on moving to Adelaide later this year Sept/Oct. I'm justabout to apply to AHPRA for registration & yes I have a few questions!......

Has anyone got an idea on average how long applications are taking in currentclimate to the Adelaide office?

Am I right to presume it is acceptable to submit my IELTS certificate insteadof my secondary education evidence?

How are peopleincluding evidence of CPD? Can it be listed in my CV with dates, hours etc? arecopies of certificates from study days/courses definately required to be enclosed?

Will my own CV formatbe acceptable providing it has all the required elements requested or is itadvisable to present it in the format given as a guide?

Also does my CVneed to be certified? or is my signature suffice?

Any help will be much appreciated thanku, Mandi

Hello everyone!

I just finished in Australia and am doing my Honours research back in the UK. I'm looking into migration of nurses & midwives, from the UK to Australia, factors influencing migration, and perceptions of work in Australia compared to the UK. I'm looking for nurses/midwives working in Australia, who worked for the UK NHS before moving to do a short survey - it won't take more than 5 minutes. It would be amazing if you could take part.

:ssign16:

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PH89VZF

Thanks so much in advance :)

Anastasia

Hi everyone, (may have posted this elsewhere too...sorry)!

I've got my PR 190 visa, planning on moving to Adelaide later this year Sept/Oct. I'm justabout to apply to AHPRA for registration & yes I have a few questions!......

Has anyone got an idea on average how long applications are taking in currentclimate to the Adelaide office?

Am I right to presume it is acceptable to submit my IELTS certificate insteadof my secondary education evidence?

How are peopleincluding evidence of CPD? Can it be listed in my CV with dates, hours etc? arecopies of certificates from study days/courses definately required to be enclosed?

Will my own CV formatbe acceptable providing it has all the required elements requested or is itadvisable to present it in the format given as a guide?

Also does my CVneed to be certified? or is my signature suffice?

Any help will be much appreciated thanku, Mandi

Hi Mandi

cant help with processing time at Adelaide Melbourne was 12 weeks for mine but usually Adelaide and Darwin quickest offices.

IELTS is fine instead of school certs that's what I did

You don't need to send copies of all your cpd stuff what I did was add a section at end of cv and listed by year all cpd taken for each thing I also listed number of hours or days and format if relevant eg e learning

cv format I adapted my normal cv to include more detail on the employer and also nurse to patient ratio for community I put ccaseload the cv doesn't need to be certified you write the little declaration on it that is a true copy as of ..... And sign it exact wording is on cv guidelines

good luck

mem

How did everybody get in touch with AHPRA once u had received the email saying they had received your application, it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything, I have heard that you are best to keep in touch with them because they can be a bit slow at informing you if they want more information!!

Many thanks!!

Hi Kelly,

I was worried too as I haven't had time to do much CPD!

On another thread I got some great info about CPD & what people had submitted etc & one member kindly sent me a CPD template/guide of what they used to document all theirs, if you PM me your e-mail address I can pass it on if you'd like? I just can't remember the name of the thread! lol

Mandi

Hey guys, can anyone point me in the right direction...I have had my email off AHPRA nearly a month ago now saying they have e

recieved me application but heard nothing since,what is the best way of contacting them, I sent my application to the Brisbane office!! Many thanks!!!

Hi everyone,

i have just realised that my middle name isn't on my diploma certificate or my nmc documents. Is this going to cause me problems ? The nmc have already sent my verification letter out and I am just gathering my paperwork for certification. I have an awful feeling that I'm going to have to pay for another certificate :(

Sorry to be a pain and keep asking the same questions but this whole process is so frustrating! Can I send all my CPD certificates as they are? Do they have to be noterised? If I send originals do AHPRA send them back? I have been qualified for 9 years but only have record of CPD for the last few years, is that enough? All help much appreciated.....

Sorry to be a pain and keep asking the same questions but this whole process is so frustrating! Can I send all my CPD certificates as they are? Do they have to be noterised? If I send originals do AHPRA send them back? I have been qualified for 9 years but only have record of CPD for the last few years, is that enough? All help much appreciated.....

I have been asked to forward evidence of CPD and contacted my registrations officer, he has told me the CPD evidence should be from the past year (less than one year old) i'm not sending certificates as not all courses/learning gives one so i'm going by this link CPD template.doc posted on another thread, will then get it signed by my manager (watch this space ) :biggrin:

Hello Everyone,

My girlfirend is currently in the process of registering as a Nurse with APHRA. She is planning on going over on a WHV or if possible gain sponsorship (457) from an employer prior to arriving. She'll be 23 with 2 years post grad experience by the time we arrive. She's at the stage where she needs to send off her application and the supporting evidence (AGOS-40) - this is where the problem lies.

I've read previous pages but it seems others are in slightly different positions and what's required changes from various visa's. On the WHV what evidence should be provided so she can gain registration? I've also seen the timeframe of application vary quite a bit also, some say 6 weeks some have said 6 months - realistically what should we expect?

Here's what we've compiled so far or gathered that's what is required;

- She has all her qualifications detailing her achievements (BSc Degree Adult Nursing, various SQA Highers etc.) - am i correct in thinking she has to phone her university and ask for transcripts of her course? Will a breakdown also be required for her SQA Highers for example - to show 5 years of continued education in English or is the summary of attainment with the qualifications achieved start and completion date enough?

- She has her letter confirming her PIN Card from the nursing and midwifery council (NMC) including a note on payment receipt until September 2013 - pin card on the bottom of the page.

- Coloured copy of her passport, driving license and birth certficate.

- A copy of her CV attached with the application.

- References from her current and previous employer.

- Do all of these documents need to be stamped/notorised by someone?

Is there anything we have missed or anything that would make the process easier/go smoothly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies also because I'm sure similar questions crop up all the time.

Kyle

Edited by kylel39

Kyle

She needs to get references from previous 2 yr post grad nursing work she has done (I was newly qualified so other ppl will have more advice on this matter), this has to be notorised - see below

She needs a letter from her high school and uni that she was 'taught and assessed' in English. (exact expression to be used' these documents need to be notorised by a notary public (a lawyer)

She needs a certificate of good standing from the NMC - go online an apply for the pack £35 (nmc send directly to Ahpra)

She needs her passport and birth certificate (100 point check documents ect) her sqa qualifications (just grade sheet) and nmc statement of entry and degree certificate all notorised

She needs a completed application (doesn't not req to be notorised, I did though)

Her CV has to be signed, dated and I'm sure I had to write something along the lines of 'true and ....at time of writing' check application guide

Visa's have nothing to do with registration. all you need is to tick the health category therefore a medical us required in Edinburgh

Try and get your gf to get all her immunisation records from childhood and hep b from uni or nhs occupation health records. This is for over in oz not the visa or reg process. The more info she has the less hassle and employability

When you get to oz, depending on where you send our Ahpra reg building to, you must go there and present yourself. If you don't get have your application for reg proved if speeds up the process as you are prioritised when youre in the country.

Good luck, I did this all a year ago and it was horrendous at the time but very very much worth it now