NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi my husband, my 3 year old and myself are at the moment considering moving to oz, most likely perth! I'm currently a staff nurse emplyed with the NHS for the past 8 years! Can anyoned please tell me how to apply for AHPRA registration?? I haven't a clue where to start and my eyes getting sore looking at the computer!! Thanks, much appreciated!

With regards to the H.R employment statements....what a headache. I have provided a current professional reference plus the last 5 years employment statements to ANMAC, as I said before they were very difficult to get in the first place, anyway ANMAC have come back to me to say that they will not accept my last 5 years statements as they are signed of by a H.R manager and not a nurse manager! Also, that they don't state anything about my competencies or safety as a nurse. I have talked to my agent who says that now they might require 5 years references not just statements. I'm really gonna struggle to pull that off as my managers have moved on, what with all the job cuts. Shame my agent didn't tell me before I submitted these papers which took 4 months to gather. In addition, ANMAC have not received my IELTS result sent in December or my college transcript sent in January and have rejected my NMC verification as it has "expired' which basically means I have recently renewed my PIN number without a lapse. It feels like pushing water up hill. Has anyone else heard that the reference/employment statements requirements have changed?

Hi Gaynor

I knew you had to provide statement of service and professional references from nurse managers- though I was told from my agents that they will accept from a colleague if your manager is no longer there. I ended up not claiming my full entitlement because of this. A bit OTT if you ask me! Though I suppose they have to cover all countries in their requirements. I think you can get away with not providing a HR reference if your professional one has your dates of service on though.

Hi my husband, my 3 year old and myself are at the moment considering moving to oz, most likely perth! I'm currently a staff nurse emplyed with the NHS for the past 8 years! Can anyoned please tell me how to apply for AHPRA registration?? I haven't a clue where to start and my eyes getting sore looking at the computer!! Thanks, much appreciated!

Don't do AHPRA first though if you intend on applying for PR visa- save yourself some money and apply straight to ANMC as once they skill assess you they will send your paperwork onto AHPRA to register you. Saves you then having to get two lots of documents certified.

There are lots of threads on here but it is more helpful initially if you read the registration standards/documents on the APHRA website about Certification of Documents; Recency of Practice and english language requirements. Then read the cv format they want and how they want the statement of service. They want particular information in particular formats and any deviation from these causes headaches for the applicant as well as delay!

Sara8 and Thumper posted good advice on the process so look for their threads too.

Good Luck both of you. :biggrin:

hi aimee im having the same problem i emailed AHPRA but didn't get much sense off them either if anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Guest stephanie88

hi im a registered nurse in the UK and wanting to work in australia next year. how do I register and how much is it? How much experience do you need? I'll have 21 months experience as a nurse by the time I get out there? thanks

Applied to AHPRA with every document possible, which they have received and also they taken my fee already. They emailed me to say I hadn't given them my employment history of which I had, but they had not read correctly. I phoned twice to the same person with the same explanation, and asked for an email to confirm how far my application was, never got a reply. So I emailed them and got a reply within the day. So will continue to email, as I know they must be busy with all of us applying. So now waiting for them to check my qualifications and hopefully will hear shortly, fingers crossed xx

Applied to AHPRA with every document possible, which they have received and also they taken my fee already. They emailed me to say I hadn't given them my employment history of which I had, but they had not read correctly. I phoned twice to the same person with the same explanation, and asked for an email to confirm how far my application was, never got a reply. So I emailed them and got a reply within the day. So will continue to email, as I know they must be busy with all of us applying. So now waiting for them to check my qualifications and hopefully will hear shortly, fingers crossed xx

Which APHRA office Pollygirl? Good luck :biggrin:

Hi, I have had my skills assessed and now I need to apply for registration. Where do I go from here? How do I check that APHRA have my documents from the ANMAC? I have read through the application form (briefly) and I presume I don't need to attach any documents as they should already have them? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused. Thanks, Kath.:confused:

Hi, I have had my skills assessed and now I need to apply for registration. Where do I go from here? How do I let APHRA know that my documents will be coming from ANMAC? I have read through the application form (briefly) and I presume I don't need to attach any documents as ANMAC should send them to APHRA? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused. Thanks, Kath. :confused:

Hi, I have had my skills assessed and now I need to apply for registration. Where do I go from here? How do I let APHRA know that my documents will be coming from ANMAC? I have read through the application form (briefly) and I presume I don't need to attach any documents as ANMAC should send them to APHRA? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am totally confused. Thanks, Kath. :confused:

Send in your APHRA application form and enclose a note stating they are coming from ANMAC? That is what I would do. :biggrin: You will need to put in any docs ANMAC did not ask for.

Thank you for your advice. Have I read the application form correctly in that they need copies of my GCSE and A Level certificates? Do they also need a transcript of these studies too? Most of the documents will transfer over from the skills assessments. Is there anything else I should include with this form? Thanks Kath.

Thank you for your advice. Have I read the application form correctly in that they need copies of my GCSE and A Level certificates? Do they also need a transcript of these studies too? Most of the documents will transfer over from the skills assessments. Is there anything else I should include with this form? Thanks Kath.

Did you do IELTS for ANMAC? If you did this meets your english language requirements. I don't know if you also need to then prove the secondary education. You can ask them by email.

You will also need an APHRA CV. Check their website for the correct format as it is different to other CVS.

Edited by GilraenH
added more information.

Can someone please help me??? Does any one know how many years evidence of CPD the AHPRA want for registration? I know they want 20 hours per year but how many years?? All help much appreciated!

I'd like to know the same as Aimee too please, also, what sort of evidence do you send? just certificates or certificates and reflections? can they all be photocopies or does it have to be original documents, also does it need to be notorised!

Many Thanks :)

I'd like to know the same as Aimee too please, also, what sort of evidence do you send? just certificates or certificates and reflections? can they all be photocopies or does it have to be original documents, also does it need to be notorised!

Many Thanks :)

Hi asked the same question recently and was told that, when another nurse had made enquiries about this she was told only 3 years as if AHPRA were ever audited on their standard they would be audited on the last 3 years. Again, I think it all needs to be certified.

Gaynor