ASPC processing times - update 13th Jan 2009

Guest pies

Guest ajfinlay

Hi Gollywobbler

I know you dont have a crystal ball but i also know that you are full of knowledge. We submitted our 175 visa via our agent (paper based i think) and we had an acknowledgement on June 14th confirming they had received it. We had our police certificates back on 26th Nov, and had medicals on 1st Dec. My husband job (motor mechanic) is on the MODL and CSL . Therefore do you think we are in a good position to be allocated a case office soon... I dont know if to be excited or deflated by the new announcement.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gollywobbler

I know you dont have a crystal ball but i also know that you are full of knowledge. We submitted our 175 visa via our agent (paper based i think) and we had an acknowledgement on June 14th confirming they had received it. We had our police certificates back on 26th Nov, and had medicals on 1st Dec. My husband job (motor mechanic) is on the MODL and CSL . Therefore do you think we are in a good position to be allocated a case office soon... I dont know if to be excited or deflated by the new announcement.

Thanks in advance

Hi aj

I don't know. I think they will wait for another week or two and see how it is going with the State Sponsored applications which are already in hand, plus any more which have or still might trickle through the ASPC's door by 13th Feb.

When I asked Alan Collett of Go Matilda how long he thinks it will be before they start allocating CSL applications to COs, Alan felt that a couple of months is more realistic than the couple of weeks that I was hoping to hear.

At this stage nobody knows but you can bet your bottom dollar that every migration agent with the slightest excuse for phoning the ASPC will also be trying to worm this information out of them at the same time and as soon as there is definite news, it will be published on the various forums very promptly.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Mike&lou

Well i think it is safe to say that it will definately take a few months still,we wer told when we lodged, that the paperwork just lays there for about 6 mnths before anyone even looks at it,and seeing as the new rules came into effect i would hate to think how much it has been put back now,realistictly i think for anyone,like myself that is on 175 on the csl and submitted in nov we are probbly looking at aug time,although i really hope this is not true as i really want to get on with my life..lets hope some more clarification comes after the 13th feb..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vixpinkbabe
Cant wait only a few more hrs to go.....lets hope they clarify it like thay said they would....13th feb

Hi Mike and Lou,

You still waiting on a case officer? x

Vicky

Cant wait only a few more hrs to go.....lets hope they clarify it like thay said they would....13th feb

ASPC updated their weekly email with new dates already this week so there won't be any new news today.

From now - state sponsored will be allocated a case officer within 10 days of confirmation of state sponsorship being received.

CSL applications submitted before 1 Sep 07 will be allocated a case officer by 20th March.

No other applications are being processed.

Keep checking the weekly ASPC update to see when CSL applications move further forward.

Nicky

Has any had to do the language test yet?

Yes - IELTS is ok, look at their website www.ielts.org for examples.

For everyone, an excerpt from my immigration agent email received today:

Further to our previous email regarding the new processing priorities

at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), we would like

to inform you that this information has now been updated. DIAC is now

allocating case officers to the following applications:

Applications with state or territory nomination. These are being

allocated to case officers within ten working days once DIAC has

received official confirmation of sponsorship directly from the state

or territory involved

Applications with occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL). DIAC

is allocating all eligible applications that were lodged prior to 1st

September 2007. They are allocating these applications in order of

lodgement date and hope to have all of them allocated by 20th March

No other skilled applications are being allocated at present.

Guest vixpinkbabe

Thanks for this Pies.

I wish they'd concentrate on the job in hand and do the state sponsored before moving onto CSL. There are lots of oustanding state sponsored, including me!

They got my SA sponsorship confirmation on Saturday, what have they been doing for FIVE days for me to not have a CO??!!

Vicky xxxxxxxx

Thanks for this Pies.

I wish they'd concentrate on the job in hand and do the state sponsored before moving onto CSL. There are lots of oustanding state sponsored, including me!

They got my SA sponsorship confirmation on Saturday, what have they been doing for FIVE days for me to not have a CO??!!

Vicky xxxxxxxx

Below is a exert for the latest update email from ASPC

"Application Allocation Dates

Please Note: You should allow a further 10 working days after the relevant

date indicated below for your case officer to contact you. If you have not

been contacted after this time please lodge an enquiry about your

application at http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm"

If the date for allocation of case officers was 13th Feb (today) then i would imagine that you need to wait a further 10 days for contact from a case officer, which would make it 27th Feb, and then email them if you still haven't heard.

Mx

Guest vixpinkbabe

Ah, thank you. Perhaps I have one i just dont know it. I have no idea how it works, do they sit for hours on each case or just a quick scan thru then request medicals? x

Ah, thank you. Perhaps I have one i just dont know it. I have no idea how it works, do they sit for hours on each case or just a quick scan thru then request medicals? x

Dunno - I can't help you on that one!!

Mx

Hi Guys,

I am from Glasgow, so whether I speak English is a moot point.....:biggrin:

If you are a bit suspect on the old English front then it could find you out - you do spoken language, interpretation, comprehension and composition i.e. write an essay.

Give I have not sat an exam in 16 years, I did a little revision!!

There are papers available on IELTS or via local centres - worth giving it a go.

Main thing is concentration - don't turn up with a hangover (or drunk if from my hometown...) and expect to pass!!

If you are native English speaker, expect to pass minimum 7s - plenty of people fail, resit and pass. Main thing is don't underestimate and at least try the free examples from the website.

Good luck, State Sponsorship rocks!!

Hi all,

I have applied for a 176 sponsored visa for queensland, applied 24th sep 08. according to the new news from immigration they should have assigned me a case officer on the 13th feb. allowing for the 10 days extra i should have some response in the next 2 weeks!

Has anyone had any response at all, post, email anything between applying (status saying processing commenced) and being assigned a case officer? apparently the status changes to something like further processing or something? is this correct.

Should we crack on now with our medicals and police checks or wait for definite confirmation from them???

Help

Waiting sucks, but if that info is correct then i have something to get excited about!

Danny

after they recieve meds and police checks how long is it likely to be before they approve our visa?

help! we would like to be out there by aug/sep

Danny

Hi,

If you do your meds now your latest entry date would be around Feb or Mar 2010..normally, if there are no complicating factors or other information required, then you may go straight to visa granted. The decision is ultimately yours. At the moment my understanding of processing looks like this (from my agent):

Further to our previous email regarding the new processing priorities

at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), we would like

to inform you that this information has now been updated. DIAC is now

allocating case officers to the following applications:

Applications with state or territory nomination. These are being

allocated to case officers within ten working days once DIAC has

received official confirmation of sponsorship directly from the state

or territory involved

Applications with occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL). DIAC

is allocating all eligible applications that were lodged prior to 1st

September 2007. They are allocating these applications in order of

lodgement date and hope to have all of them allocated by 20th March

No other skilled applications are being allocated at present.

So, according to the above, you will be in a queue for allocation. I got mine in late January (475 SSV) so you can have faith they are shifting the lines. Go for it, I guess!!

Pies

Some of us have been involved with skilled migration for long enough to remember waiting times of close to 2 years for UK applicants.

I would encourage those whose skilled visa applications are not amongst the priority processing list and that show no signs of being allocated to case officers to hold fire on progressing medicals - there is a real risk that they will have to be done again.

Best regards.

Some of us have been involved with skilled migration for long enough to remember waiting times of close to 2 years for UK applicants.

I would encourage those whose skilled visa applications are not amongst the priority processing list and that show no signs of being allocated to case officers to hold fire on progressing medicals - there is a real risk that they will have to be done again.

Best regards.

Alan,

We thought we were going to be one of those...took a year all told, which was quite long enough!! :laugh:

We waited for PCs and meds to be done until 8 months into process until we had an idea of processing times, which then changed at the end of December - then real clarification in early January.

What is your view on 176 vs 175 at the moment?

Pies

I tend to take the view that if you can secure State or Territory sponsorship of a 176, I would go for it over a subclass 175 application, even if you have a CSL occupation.

The timeline for securing State/Territory sponsorship also has to enter into the equation though - where one has a choice maybe lodge a 175 application, and then move across to a 176 once State/Territory sponsorship comes through.

Best regards.

Hi, I just called ASPC and was told they expect my application to go to a case officer by end of May this year. They also recommended me to apply for a 856 Employer Nominated Visa if I needed to go to Australia sooner rather than later. I am not happy, since I planned going to Oz in March. This might give you an indication on how long it'll will take for us on the CSL. :no: Elli

Archived