ASPC processing times - update 13th Jan 2009

Guest pies

Visa granted this morning - sitting in the airport departure lounge to go to some work course that really no longer matters in tears!!:cry::spinny:

Good luck to the rest of you - looks like the policy is really kicking in!!

Pies

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zedster
Visa granted this morning - sitting in the airport departure lounge to go to some work course that really no longer matters in tears!!

Pies

Awww, that's great news!!! You're allowed to have a good cry!!! :wink: Well done Pies!!!

Having just returned from Australia, I am now wanting to make a visa application. My husban is a floor an wall tiler and I am currently doing a social work degree. I am over whelmed by all this stuff on the internet and was hoping someone could recommend a company that can assist us with the visa and moving process. Many Thanks

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Visa granted this morning - sitting in the airport departure lounge to go to some work course that really no longer matters in tears!!:cry::spinny:

Pies

Hi Pies,

Huge Congratulations on the Visa, you must be over the moon. Enjoy the celebrating.

Take care.

Andi.x

Having just returned from Australia, I am now wanting to make a visa application. My husban is a floor an wall tiler and I am currently doing a social work degree. I am over whelmed by all this stuff on the internet and was hoping someone could recommend a company that can assist us with the visa and moving process. Many Thanks

Hi,

There are many good agents out there: have a good look at the forums and there are several names that feature prominently - all will give advice for free and charge for services. Best bet is to speak to some and make your own mind up.

Have a look at this forum, british expats and Go Mathilda for some initial research - search for which migration agent?

Pies

Hi pies.

Well done on your visa grant. I too had applied for a 176 on 4/12/08. We were here on a holiday visa but had all our documents in place as well as a job offer. We went extend our holiday visa 13/01/2009 and the guy in the local immigration office looked up our details. he rang aspc and spoke with a case officer on our behalf. got visa pre grant next morning. The CO told us they are moving quickly on these applications. We went offshore 18/01/ 2009 and got visa granted next morning 19/01/09 allowing us to re-enter Oz next day 20/01/09. Our Co was brilliant and he had a junior working for him sending all the paperwork for him. He was always contactable by phone during these few days of mayhem, but was so reassuring at all times. My advice to all out there on 176 visas is to get all the documentation to them asap as it will happen so quickly.

Our agent couldnt believe we got grant so quickly ( 6 weeks ) and said it must be a record!!!

Best wishes to all of you still waiting for the Golden ticket. Im sure it wont be long now!!!

Guest juliemtaylor

Pies

Great news, Well done and keep us posted re your next chapter.

Julie x

Visa granted this morning - sitting in the airport departure lounge to go to some work course that really no longer matters in tears!!

Pies

Huge congratulations Pies :biggrin:

Hopefully we won't be far behind.

Howard.

Pies

Congratulations. Thanks for all your help lately too.

Good luck

Mx

Guest Gollywobbler

Pies

Hi Pies

Awwww!!! It is all a bit overwhelming to start with, that's all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It will have sunk in by the weekend and you can let rip and celebrate.

Hugz

Gill

xx

Hi Pies

Awwww!!! It is all a bit overwhelming to start with, that's all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It will have sunk in by the weekend and you can let rip and celebrate.

Hugz

Gill

xx

A few glasses of cheeky Chablis later...just warming up for a very fizzy weekend......!!

Fridge has been turned to freezin' for next two days.....not overwhelming, just total relief - gave up job 3 days before visa, no goin' back, gambletastic, huge release of pressure!!

All the best and bring it on!! :biggrin:

Pies

Hello everyone,

I have submitted all the required documents online to DIAC , 3 days back. I just realized today that my reference provider has put the wrong dates. I got it corrected. Now ,I have to submit with the latest letter .How should I do it?

Do I just send this informing to consider this and ignore the other one ?

OR

Should I fill form 1023 -explaining the reason and submit to their email I.D Provided ?

Regards

Chan

A few glasses of cheeky Chablis later...just warming up for a very fizzy weekend......!!

Fridge has been turned to freezin' for next two days.....not overwhelming, just total relief - gave up job 3 days before visa, no goin' back, gambletastic, huge release of pressure!!

All the best and bring it on!! :biggrin:

Pies

Hi Pies

Love your attitude - those that dare win eh!!!!

Congratulations and enjoy your new life down under.

Denise

Hi Pies

Love your attitude - those that dare win eh!!!!

Congratulations and enjoy your new life down under.

Denise

Exactly that - one thing to think about for all is for those that were planning for a particular timeline, then your visa will come through much quicker - yours should be through in a couple of months max.......!!

Pies

Exactly that - one thing to think about for all is for those that were planning for a particular timeline, then your visa will come through much quicker - yours should be through in a couple of months max.......!!

Pies

I really hope so...... :wubclub: .

We've still to do our medicals and police checks yet, but hopefully it won't be long now before they're requested.

Denise

Hi everybody,

I am very happy for all those who are on a 176 visa. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, at the same time that means terrible news for us. We are on a 175 visa and neither on the critical nor on the MODL list. Our agent just told us that he thinks it will probable take more than a year from now. We logged our visa in Nov 08 and were initially told it takes 6-9 months. My husband and I are terribly upset:cry: as all our plans were geared towards moving in summer / autumn.

Is there anyone else who is in the same boat? I still hope our agent is wrong! So if anyone has got some more positive news I would be glad to hear them!

Annette

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello everyone,

I have submitted all the required documents online to DIAC , 3 days back. I just realized today that my reference provider has put the wrong dates. I got it corrected. Now ,I have to submit with the latest letter .How should I do it?

Do I just send this informing to consider this and ignore the other one ?

OR

Should I fill form 1023 -explaining the reason and submit to their email I.D Provided ?

Regards

Chan

Hi Chan

Welcome to Poms in Oz?

Have you put the correct dates in the application? If so, you have not necessarily given an incorrect answer just because the reference letter has the wrong dates in it.

That said, I would probably complete Form 1023 and send it in with the new reference letter and an explanation of how the mistake was not noticed before you made the application. Anything for a quiet life, I reckon! They know what a waste paper bin looks like and where to find one if they decide they don't need Form 1023.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest janagaraja

Hi

How Diac/Hoc treate diabetic patients? Any chances of getting through ? Any cases have been approved/refused on the grounds of diabetic. Please let me know. Because My family had history of diabetic cases. Any comments on this would be appreacitaed. janak

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Janak

As long as the diabetes is well controlled and is not causing any problems of any sort - either diabetic problems or whatever other types of Health problems diabetes might cause - then there should be no dificulty with the meds. However the MOC will want an in-date report from whatever sort of Consultant doctor treats diabetes. (Do endocrinologists deal with diabetes? I am not sure.) Hundreds if not thousands of diabetics have migrated to Oz, though, and the condition is fully understood by the doctors in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest kkris.san

friends,

is there any update on how many have got thier visa's under state sponsored subclass 176 n 475?? i have seen a couple gettin thier 475 but not heard so far abt 176...is the move still on or???

anyone got any updates pls let us know here'

thanks in advance and all d best to all

krisha

Guest Mike&lou

Got an email this morning, saying they are currently dealing with applications for DECEMBER 2007.

Im apllying for 175 hope this hepls

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Here is the latest weekly information e-mail from the ASPC. Unfortunately, nothing except the date in the heading has changed so far.

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION ADELAIDE

PROCESSING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK COMMENCING:

27 January 2009

This is an automated e-mail response which provides weekly updated

information on skilled migration applications being processed by the

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. Please do not reply to this email

address. This mailbox is not monitored. Our contact details are listed

below.

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalisation.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(processed by the ASPC and where a successful State or Territory Nomination

is held) will all be allocated to case officers for assessment by 13

February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

All Other Remaining Applications

The waiting continues for more news, regrettably.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived