Critical Skill List (CSL) will be introduced from 1st Jan 2009

Guest CHB

Guest juliemtaylor
SMELL THE COFFEE PEOPLE AND DONT GIVE THE AUSSIES ONE MORE DOLLAR!!

CSL LIST IS A CON PREYING ON VUNERABLE WORKING CLASS BRITS TRYING TO FLEE A RECESSION...

THEY DONT NEED ANY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS AS THERE ARE NO JOBS AS THEY ARE IN A RECESSION TOO!!

IM SURE YOU WILL BE TOLD DIFFERENT BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OUT OF OUR MISERY..

GET INFORMED,, THANK BILL GATES FOR THE INTERNET AND LOG ONTO WWW.SEE.COM.AU AUSTRALIAS BIGGEST JOB SEARCH WEB SITE THEN TYPE YOUR JOB IN THEN YOUR DESIRED DESTINATION AND BE ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE.

SORRY TO BURST BUBBLES BUT YOU WILL THANK ME WHEN YOU CALM DOWN

HOPE THIS HELPS

Are you in Oz looking to return to UK then!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WARDStoOZ
I just typed midwife in and 7 bogus agency jobs came up; ie they want you to sign up to their agency but the jobs dont exsist.

dont know where your 300 came from is it a typo was it 3?

which migration agency do you work for exactly?:biggrin:

It wasn't a typo :arghh: I saw plenty of jobs... agency or not!

And I suppose you work for the U.K. government trying to keep all the skilled people here!

I don't mind you having an opinion but if people want to give the move a go... don't make them feel so worried about it...

Dan

Guest WARDStoOZ
Yes we have been doing this for as long as we made the decision to go and its still looking good - most of the jobs are not even posted on these sites anyway so I won't be defeated by the negative posts on here!

Julie

Thanks Julie... there are plenty of jobs available... it's great to see you won't let negative posts defeat you! xx

I have just visited seek.com.au and I can confirm that I have seen 295 jobs of mid wife in Brisbane (No matter they are just adds by agencies). Though I have my self applied for an IT occupation :).

I am neither hired by AUS nor UK govt. I joined this forum a couple of days ago just to see how CSL will effect the visa time lines. I have lodged my application on 28-Dec-2007 and I am desperately waiting for assignment of case officer on my application. I am upset as I am on the waiting list for more than 1 year now. I am on CSL as well as MODL.

No matter whether there are jobs in AUS or not I just want that this wait time should come to an end.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Krisha

this is krisha again.. i have also sent my application on 22nd july 2008...for 176 state sponsored and my ocupation is "INTERNAL AUDITOR" I have a query regarding my occupation, as this is no longer stated on the SOL list.... (BUT IT WAS AT THE TIME I HAD APPLIED FOR MY VISA) wll it affect my application??

Please relax. Accountant - Internal Auditor - is still on the SOL:

Accountant - Internal Auditor 2212-13 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

secondly, we come from india ,as this country falls under high risk category will i face any problems?its almost 6 months since i applied for my visa..i have front loaded my medicals and it has been recieved at sydney office...i have to still send my police checks which will be done by end of january 2009....( we still havent been allocated a case officer)

Applications from "high risk" countries do take longer to process because DIAC do more checking. Nobody can do anything about that except live with it, unfortunately.

according to u guys do u think our case could get quicker as the updates say w.e.f 1st jan 2009??

I think it should definitely speed things up for you. It appears that the ASPC have been told to stop processing applications which are now non-priority under the new rules so that they can devote more staff to the task of applying the new rules and progressing the new priority cases quickly. Your is one of them.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest cuba267
Hi Gill,

We've also applied for the 176 Vic State sponsored yesterday. At least we got the application in before the 12th as you never know what VICs updated list would look like.

If we get sponsored, then great. We can notify the DIAC and get prioritised. Else we will wait for the 175 to be processed. We now need to wait for a decision on the state sponsorship. I've been told it can take up to 8 weeks...

hey zamb

in the same boat here. waiting is great, isn't it?

hey zamb

in the same boat here. waiting is great, isn't it?

Hey Cuba, glad we're not on our own :wink:. We had wanted to book our Meds and PCs for March this year, but will no wait until we know if VIC will sponsor us...

Guest chidge10

Hi everyone.

I know i have asked before but does anyone know if "Joiner" comes under Carpenter & Joiner in the new CSL. I have passed the Vetasses test as a Joiner and am hoping it is on the CSL under Carpenter & Joiner (Various)

Cheers Chidge

Guest Gollywobbler
Oh why now is Hairdressing not on the new list, was a demand for them not long ago???????????Ahahah:arghh::arghh:

Hi ssanick

Looking at your profile and some of your earlier posts and threads, am I right in thinking that you are a Hairdresser who is headed for QLD and that you have applied for a Family Sponsored subclass 176 visa?

If I am right so far, the big risk for you is not the CSL but whether or not Hairdresser will remain on the MODL. Please see this thread by Alan Collett of Go Matilda and please read the newspaper article that he gives the link to:

Hairdressing cut may leave colleges stranded - Topic Powered by eve community

DIAC say that they are currently reviewing the MODL and expect to publish a new version of it, "early in 2009."

Alan says that DIAC do not award MODL points until the time when the CO makes a decision about the visa application. He says that the CO is supposed to use the MODL which is current at the time of the decision, even if it is different from the MODL which was in force at the time when the visa application is made.

I have no reason to suppose that Alan is wrong about how the rules work so I assume that he is right. If so then if Hairdresser is not on the new MODL, you could find yourself short of the 15 MODL points which are doubtless included in your present points total.

What would your points total be without 15 MODL points, please? Please use this table:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)

An added complication for you, apart from the points, is that if Hairdresser is not on the new MODL then your application would be treated as a non-priority application and will not get any further processing for at least another 6-8 months and it could be considerably longer than that.

Therefore if I were your Agent I would be looking to protect you from both risks if I could. Switching you to a State Sponsored 176 visa (which can be done without any further payment to DIAC) would ensure that your application would continue to get priority processing even if Hairdresser is not on the new MODL.

However, Hairdresser is not on the 176 State Sponsorship List for QLD so you would have to be prepared to move to another State or Territory for your first two years in Australia. The following States currently offer to Sponsor Hairdressers for the 176 visa:

West Australia

South Australia

Northern Territory

Victoria *

Tasmania **

* Victoria will be publishing a new 176 Sponsorship List tomorrow, Monday 12th January, so if you are interested in VIC you would need to check whether Hairdresser is on the new List.

** Tasmania require a Hairdresser to sit the IELTS and s/he must have an overall band score of 7.5 or above.

Below is a link to all the State & Territory Migration websites:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

The QLS State Migration website is undergoing "reconstruction" and will not be back on line until 15th January.

I would recommend that you speak with your Agent urgently.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Sowters

We have posted our visa application W/C 5th Jan 09, my job of Metal Machinist (First Class) 4112-13 is now on new CSL, can anyone give best guesstimate on how much this reduces the lead time of process.

Best Regards

Mark, Tania n Emily

:unsure:

Guest Gollywobbler
We have posted our visa application W/C 5th Jan 09, my job of Metal Machinist (First Class) 4112-13 is now on new CSL, can anyone give best guesstimate on how much this reduces the lead time of process.

Best Regards

Mark, Tania n Emily

:unsure:

Hi there

As yet, nobody knows what the timescales will be. Even the staff at the ASPC don't know because the new system is so new.

Have you sent a paper application by post? If so, expect it to take a while longer to process than an e-lodged application would take. The reason is because somebody will have to scan all the documents into the DIAC computer and at the moment I should think they much have a huge stack of files all waiting for scanning and processing into the system.

I would suggest sending a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au There is no need for a subject or any body text because nobody will read it. It will generate an auto-reply within about two hours, which gives the latest processing times although it will be out of kilter for the time being until the new system has a chance to "bed in." In theory they update the information in the e-mail every Tuesday. In practice I think they do it as and when a junior member of staff gets round to it.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks for that I feel worse now after reading that I will have to get in touch with my agent in the morning!! feel like my dream is now not going to happen at all!! its one hurdle after the other, I am now feeling pysically sick to my stomach with it all!

Thanks for that I feel worse now after reading that I will have to get in touch with my agent in the morning!! feel like my dream is now not going to happen at all!! its one hurdle after the other, I am now feeling pysically sick to my stomach with it all!

I know how you feel, we must all keep hope.

To have come this far and not get a visa soon or worse does not bear thinking about.

Mark

Guest Tracey Jay

Hi Gill,

I"ve just read your post to ssanick about sponsorship for hairdressers. I"m a hairdresser and you helped me out alot over last weekend. I was hoping to go to Brisbane where I have family. Last weekend I applied for state sponsorship for Perth. I also have family there (not as close) and a friend moved out last Tuesday.

In your post you say that SA offer state sponsorship for hairdressers.......how did I miss that one??? Now you know what my next question is.....can I apply there now I"ve applied to WA? Can you apply to as many states as you like? It did ask in application if I"d applied to any other state and obviously I said "no". Would that make a difference?? If I can apply to both can I wait till I get an answer from both, then decide where I want to go? Thats if either except me!! I have a friend in Adalaide that moved out in June of this year.

I will eventually find someone that will have me over in OZ then I"ll leave you in peace Gill.....lol.

Any news on new MODL ?? Check the site everyday for news, I"m sure there will be a thread as soon as it"s announced. Thanks again for all your help and advice Tracey

Hi ssanick

<snip>

Alan says that DIAC do not award MODL points until the time when the CO makes a decision about the visa application. He says that the CO is supposed to use the MODL which is current at the time of the decision, even if it is different from the MODL which was in force at the time when the visa application is made.

<snip>

Best wishes

Gill

Can I confirm that DIAC's past practice has been mixed - on some occasions when occupations have been removed from the MODL the entitlement to MODL points has been on the basis of the MODL when the application was submitted, while on other occasions the assessment has been on the basis of the MODL when the assessment was carried out by the case officer.

I am happy to be corrected, but technically I believe the entitlement to MODL points should be based on the MODL at the time of assessment.

Best regards.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill,

I"ve just read your post to ssanick about sponsorship for hairdressers. I"m a hairdresser and you helped me out alot over last weekend. I was hoping to go to Brisbane where I have family. Last weekend I applied for state sponsorship for Perth. I also have family there (not as close) and a friend moved out last Tuesday.

In your post you say that SA offer state sponsorship for hairdressers.......how did I miss that one??? Now you know what my next question is.....can I apply there now I"ve applied to WA? Can you apply to as many states as you like? It did ask in application if I"d applied to any other state and obviously I said "no". Would that make a difference?? If I can apply to both can I wait till I get an answer from both, then decide where I want to go? Thats if either except me!! I have a friend in Adalaide that moved out in June of this year.

I will eventually find someone that will have me over in OZ then I"ll leave you in peace Gill.....lol.

Any news on new MODL ?? Check the site everyday for news, I"m sure there will be a thread as soon as it"s announced. Thanks again for all your help and advice Tracey

Hi Tracey

The new list for SA is here:

Make The Move :: General skilled migration

It is best if you click on the link yourself because when the .pdf file which is the actual list opens, the URL for it seems to vanish and I don't know enough about computers to figure out a more reliable plan of attack than suggesting that you start from the page and get the doc for yourself.

Yes you can apply for sponsorship from more than one State but hitherto WA have usually responded in under a fortnight in any case. Obviously, though, by now the States have twigged that there is a lot of "tactical voting" going on, with people applying for State Sponsorship purely in order to avoid relegation, not because they have any genuine wish to move to the State offering the Sponsorship.

In this "market" if I were one of the States I would be a mite sceptical about why somebody with a 175 application in the pipeline should suddenly be interested in me. If it emerges that another application has been made to another State, it would not help to convince me that the applicant has a genuine wish to move to my State.

I'd be inclined to suggest waiting for a response from WA before deciding whether to apply to SA as well.

Best wishes

Gill

Reply received from Skilled Migration Program in Melbourne:

"We advise applications received prior to any changes on 12 January 2009 will be assessed under existing guidelines."

Best regards.

The new VIC 176 State Sponsored eligibility list has been published today and, as feared, my occupation is no longer listed. The new list matches the current MODL list exactly, at least for IT professionals.

Anyhow, my application for sponsorshop was submitted last week, so hopefully it will be assessed under the previous guidelines as per Alan's update above.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Zamb

Well done for taking no chances and cracking on with your State application last week.

Fingers crossed for the result.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Bhavesh
MODL will still exist and you will get extra points if your occupation is on the list. CSL is only for priority processing. In other words the occupations in the CSL, will take precedence over other occupations.

Just to add more clarity ... here is the processing priorities.

1. Employer Sponsor Visa (457..)

2. State sponsor

3. Critical skills list. (175..)

4. NON-CSL, MODL's

5. SOL & others

Hope that helps!

Hi

Just help me get this clear in my head, if I am being sponsored by my employer on a 457 Long Term Temp visa, even thought I am currently on a 417WHV does this mean my application will also get priority over the other visa applications? :unsure:

Clarity is much appreciated.

Bhavesh

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Bhavesh

The 457 temporary visa scheme is not subject to "capping" and is not part of the new visa processing priorities arrangements. During the course of 2008 separate arrangements were made for the processing of 457 visas via three "centres of excellence." The idea is that a 457 application which is "decision ready" when it is submitted should now be granted within a couple of days. Whether or not the new system actually works in the way that its architects intended might well be a moot point, I suspect!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Bhavesh
Hello Bhavesh

The 457 temporary visa scheme is not subject to "capping" and is not part of the new visa processing priorities arrangements. During the course of 2008 separate arrangements were made for the processing of 457 visas via three "centres of excellence." The idea is that a 457 application which is "decision ready" when it is submitted should now be granted within a couple of days. Whether or not the new system actually works in the way that its architects intended might well be a moot point, I suspect!

Best wishes

Gill

Hello Gill

:err: When you say "decision ready" does this mean it would be granted with the minimum of fuss unlike some of the other visa applications? Apologise for this question I am doing as much research as I can.

Assistance is greatly appreciated

Bhavesh

Guest Tracey Jay

Hi Gill, thanks again for a promp reply.....you never let me down.

I"ll take your advice and wait for reply from WA I"m guessing they let you know either way. It does say 10 days but I"m sure the waiting lists must be much longer now. At least I have a plan C now.... Cheers Tracey.

Guest OnTenterhooks
Can I confirm that DIAC's past practice has been mixed - on some occasions when occupations have been removed from the MODL the entitlement to MODL points has been on the basis of the MODL when the application was submitted, while on other occasions the assessment has been on the basis of the MODL when the assessment was carried out by the case officer.

I am happy to be corrected, but technically I believe the entitlement to MODL points should be based on the MODL at the time of assessment.

Best regards.

From: Is your occupation in demand? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

How are occupation points awarded on the points test?

If your nominated occupation is on MODL either at the time your application is lodged or assessed, you will be eligible for 'occupation in demand/job offer' points on the General Skilled Migration points test.

Archived