Critical Skill List (CSL) will be introduced from 1st Jan 2009

Guest CHB

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tracey Jay

My question is, long shot but if things were to sort them selfs out and I could go to Brisbane (my cousin will sponsor me but no point at the moment is there?) and I"ve got state sponsorship from WA would I have to have it?? Say things change again and family sponsor came back good, could I change my mind and visa application again or now I"ve applied to WA do I have to go there?? That"s if they sponsor me. Just hoping I"ve not done the wrong thing. Or living in a dream world, more like it!!! We would like to get to oz sooner rather than later as have a 12 and 9 year old and I don"t want them to be to old when we make the move......you know what teenagers are like!!!

1. Your cousin cannot sponsor you for a 176 visa. Your cousin could only sponsor you for a provisional subclass 475 visa. That would involve a whole new visa application and a new fee to DIAC.

2. I think we need to wait and see what WA do about your application. They might turn it down. If so, you are no worse off than you are now. I wouldn't start thinking about other visas at this stage.

3. If you travel to Oz on a State Sponsored 176 visa it is because you have a genuine intention of moving to the State which sponsored you and a genuine intention of giving the place a fair chance for two years. That is the deal.

4. If WA say they will sponsor you but before the visa is granted you come to the conclusion that you really don't want to move to WA, the proper course of action would be to ask DIAC to ignore the State Sponsorship and to continue to treat it as a non-priority 175 application instead.

I think that for the moment, the best thing to do is sit tight and see what WA come back with. They might reject your application so let us not try to count chickens prematurely, I would suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trooper
Hi guys

this is a really informative thread for those of us who have taken the plunge and not used a migration agent so don't have the experience to fall back on about the whole system.

we've applied for a 475 visa and loaded everything (police and medicals) in June 2008, we've got state sponsorship from South Australia and i was wondering with all the changes in the process whether we'll be get processes quicker, slower or it won't make a difference as i'm on a 475 and not in a priority trade?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Simon

Simon it sounds as if you're in the same boat as me and I would like to know the answer to that as well

We've applied for a 475 in July, have got state sponsorhip in SA and have just sent off med and police checks

My job is Computer Professionals - Systems Manager which is not on the CSL

cheers

mick

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi guys

this is a really informative thread for those of us who have taken the plunge and not used a migration agent so don't have the experience to fall back on about the whole system.

we've applied for a 475 visa and loaded everything (police and medicals) in June 2008, we've got state sponsorship from South Australia and i was wondering with all the changes in the process whether we'll be get processes quicker, slower or it won't make a difference as i'm on a 475 and not in a priority trade?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Simon

Simon it sounds as if you're in the same boat as me and I would like to know the answer to that as well

We've applied for a 475 in July, have got state sponsorhip in SA and have just sent off med and police checks

My job is Computer Professionals - Systems Manager which is not on the CSL

cheers

mick

Hi Simon, Hi Mick

The new changes work in your favour in both cases. Your applications are now in the fast tracking queue, which they were not until this week. The changes are excellent news for both of you.

Please keep me posted with progress reports?

Many thanks

Gill

Guest janagaraja

Hi Gill,

You are doing excellent job. I really appreciate it . Any confirmation on high risk low risk time frames as per new list.. Eagerly expecting your response. Thanks .janak:cry:

Hi Simon, Hi Mick

The new changes work in your favour in both cases. Your applications are now in the fast tracking queue, which they were not until this week. The changes are excellent news for both of you.

Please keep me posted with progress reports?

Many thanks

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill,

You are doing excellent job. I really appreciate it . Any confirmation on high risk low risk time frames as per new list.. Eagerly expecting your response. Thanks .janak:cry:

Hi Janak

No information about the timescales as yet for either high risk or low risk countries. DIAC themselves don't know at this stage how any of the timescales are going to work out in practice.

I think everyone - DIAC staff and their clients alike - just have to hang on tight, get the new wheels properly into motion and then see how the whole thing is working out in real life. I expect it to take at least a month and maybe two before it will become possible to see any reliable patterns developing.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Tracey Jay

Thanks again for the quick response Gill. What would we all do without you? All the info is much appreciated.

If we were to get sponsorship for WA I would have every intension of staying there. Where ever we end up(if any where) we"ll settle and make our home. I have a cousin and friends in Perth.

Just panicing abit I think and trying to cover every avenue. The sooner we can move the better so if we do get state sponsorship and get that visa quicker WA it is.

Is vias 475 reginonal? How can he sponsor me for that? I thought you could get 176 family sponsor but they are not processing them at mo. Is it because he"s only my cousin. I have an auntie and uncle but they are in their 80"s.

Cheers Tracey.

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks again for the quick response Gill. What would we all do without you? All the info is much appreciated.

If we were to get sponsorship for WA I would have every intension of staying there. Where ever we end up(if any where) we"ll settle and make our home. I have a cousin and friends in Perth.

Just panicing abit I think and trying to cover every avenue. The sooner we can move the better so if we do get state sponsorship and get that visa quicker WA it is.

Is vias 475 reginonal? How can he sponsor me for that? I thought you could get 176 family sponsor but they are not processing them at mo. Is it because he"s only my cousin. I have an auntie and uncle but they are in their 80"s.

Cheers Tracey.

Hi Tracy

Please just forget about family sponsorship. It would not get you any further forward than you are now so there is no sense in involving any of your family.

You have applied for a sc 175, which will give you Permanent Residency on Day One. The only problem is that it looks like it would not be granted any time soon because of the new pecking order.

The only thing that might improve the situation is if WA offer you sponsorship for the State Sponsored 176 visa instead. If they come good on that then you will be fast tracked and you would move to WA instead of to QLD.

The only other possibility would be to apply to QLD for State Sponsorship from them for the provisional 475 visa.

The sensible strategy for you would be as follows:

Do nothing until you hear back from WA. If they say "yes" then excellent stuff. Get ready for a move to Perth/WA in the not too distant future.

If WA turn you down then we use Plan B. Plan B is as follows:

1. Leave the non-priority 175 application alone. Just leave it running in the background because it will be processed sooner or later.

2. Consider whether to apply for a QLD-sponsored 475 visa as well. There is no reason why you can't apply for two different visas at the same time. However the 475 visa would require you to live & work in Regional QLD (anywhere beyond the boundaries of Brisbane City Council and Gold Coast City Council.)

3. On a 475 you would have to live in a Designated (ie regional) area for 2 years and work in one of them for a total of 12 months. You would have 3 years in which to complete complying with these requirements. Are you willing to work full time once you are out in Oz? Full time means 38 hours a week? As a Hairdresser, for simplicity.

4. The 475 application would get priority processing so it would get you out to Oz reasonably quickly as long as QLD agree to sponsor you for it.

I would suggest that this is the contingency plan in the event that WA decline to sponsor you for the 176 visa instead. However let us wait and see what actually happens with WA before we try to proceed any further, I recommend.

Best wishes

Gill

hi gill i got 176 state sponsored visa in september for w.a but havent sent full visa application asked agent if theres a time scale on the 176 visa as i'm sure his partner said this to me, he said he didn't know as most visas are sent as soon as they get the 176 from w.a, i asked him to ask his partner but she was out to lunch, he said he phoned diac in london they couldn't tell him ,so my agent said he would contact w.a state visa office tommorow to find out , is it me but i would have thought an agent would know this off by heart i know they change things all the time but i still think it's a big issue, he also said i was on the critical list as a roofer to which i corrected him that roofers aren't on the list , i am really thinking of getting a 958 form and changing agent as i have a not so straight forward visa application , i also spoke to you before about the change in the laws on the english language and they informed me i needed a further 5 points 9 months after the new law came into place to which you said they should put out the red carpet, can you tell me if the 176 has a time limit , thanks jim

Guest cuba267

Hi Gill

Ta for all the advice lately. We decided to apply for a 176 state sponsored visa for victoria as well. Like your advice to Tracy, if we get it then great, we can notify DIAC and get prioritised. If not, we'll sit on our 175 application and wait (and wait and wait) for it to get processed. We got it in before the 12th Jan as we have a strong hunch OH occupation won't be on the new list.

Guest Gollywobbler
hi gill i got 176 state sponsored visa in september for w.a but havent sent full visa application asked agent if theres a time scale on the 176 visa as i'm sure his partner said this to me, he said he didn't know as most visas are sent as soon as they get the 176 from w.a, i asked him to ask his partner but she was out to lunch, he said he phoned diac in london they couldn't tell him ,so my agent said he would contact w.a state visa office tommorow to find out , is it me but i would have thought an agent would know this off by heart i know they change things all the time but i still think it's a big issue, he also said i was on the critical list as a roofer to which i corrected him that roofers aren't on the list , i am really thinking of getting a 958 form and changing agent as i have a not so straight forward visa application , i also spoke to you before about the change in the laws on the english language and they informed me i needed a further 5 points 9 months after the new law came into place to which you said they should put out the red carpet, can you tell me if the 176 has a time limit , thanks jim

Hi Jim

Please don't worry. WA's policy is that they ask you to contact them if the visa application has not been submitted within 6 months of WA offering sponsorship but you are well inside that timescale so please do not be alarmed.

Thanks for your PM. I have replied to it.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

Ta for all the advice lately. We decided to apply for a 176 state sponsored visa for victoria as well. Like your advice to Tracy, if we get it then great, we can notify DIAC and get prioritised. If not, we'll sit on our 175 application and wait (and wait and wait) for it to get processed. We got it in before the 12th Jan as we have a strong hunch OH occupation won't be on the new list.

Hi Cuba

Well done you! You must have worked like Trojans for the last few days, getting your VIC application ready. I thought you had gone a bit quiet but now I know why!! :wink:

Good luck with it and please let me know how it goes?

Best wishes

Gill

I am an accountant applying for a family 176 visa. My occupation (2211-11 Accountant) is on the MODL list, however on the CSL list it has a proviso. The proviso is:

Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)

Can anyone clarify for me if I am interpreting this correctly that I just need to get the IELTS score of 7+ to be considered on the CSL?

Many thanks (DIAC hace not made this vary straight forward!!)

Guest AVALSHARMA
I am an accountant applying for a family 176 visa. My occupation (2211-11 Accountant) is on the MODL list, however on the CSL list it has a proviso. The proviso is:

Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)

Can anyone clarify for me if I am interpreting this correctly that I just need to get the IELTS score of 7+ to be considered on the CSL?

Many thanks (DIAC hace not made this vary straight forward!!)

Hi ELLS,

It seems so but One must have 7 in each module i.e SPEAKING, WRITING, READING and LISTENING to be consider in CSL.

Best Wishes

Guest elli78

Hi, I am an accountant applying for a 175 visa. I think it's enough if you have 7 in each of the four IELTS-competencies. So my understanding is you don't have to have completed the SMIPA to be considered on the CSL. Good luck! Elli

According to my understanding you have to score as follows.

Reading = 7+

Writing = 7+

Speaking = 7+

Listening = 7+

To be 100% sure, you can send a query to DIMIA using the following form.

General Skilled Migration Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form

You can also call them at the following number.

ASPC Telephone:

1300 364 613 (in Australia) for the cost of a local call; or

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

Regards,

DILU.

Hi Gill,

We've also applied for the 176 Vic State sponsored yesterday. At least we got the application in before the 12th as you never know what VICs updated list would look like.

If we get sponsored, then great. We can notify the DIAC and get prioritised. Else we will wait for the 175 to be processed. We now need to wait for a decision on the state sponsorship. I've been told it can take up to 8 weeks...

Guest kkris.san

hello friends.

this is krisha again.. i have also sent my application on 22nd july 2008...for 176 state sponsored and my ocupation is "INTERNAL AUDITOR" I have a query regarding my occupation, as this is no longer stated on the SOL list.... (BUT IT WAS AT THE TIME I HAD APPLIED FOR MY VISA) wll it affect my application??

secondly, we come from india ,as this country falls under high risk category will i face any problems?its almost 6 months since i applied for my visa..i have front loaded my medicals and it has been recieved at sydney office...i have to still send my police checks which will be done by end of january 2009....( we still havent been allocated a case officer)

according to u guys do u think our case could get quicker as the updates say w.e.f 1st jan 2009??

ur coments and views will be truly appreciate

thanks in advance

regards

ms. krisha. sandy

Hi Gill,

We've also applied for the 176 Vic State sponsored yesterday. At least we got the application in before the 12th as you never know what VICs updated list would look like.

If we get sponsored, then great. We can notify the DIAC and get prioritised. Else we will wait for the 175 to be processed. We now need to wait for a decision on the state sponsorship. I've been told it can take up to 8 weeks...

I've just got a question in regards to the VIC application procedure. It looks like it could be done either online or paper-based. I've today noticed that in the online version, there's just one "trade" mentioned for IT people -"Information Technology Manager". They don't ask for the ASCO code in the online form at all. So if you are on the 176 eligibility list for VIC, but not an IT manager, then how would you apply online for this? I am only asking to satisfy my own curiosity and for the benefit of others, since my application has already been made on my behalf by my agent and I would assume they would have done this online (but I will ask them, anyway).

Guest gladiator ace

SMELL THE COFFEE PEOPLE AND DONT GIVE THE AUSSIES ONE MORE DOLLAR!!

CSL LIST IS A CON PREYING ON VUNERABLE WORKING CLASS BRITS TRYING TO FLEE A RECESSION...

THEY DONT NEED ANY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS AS THERE ARE NO JOBS AS THEY ARE IN A RECESSION TOO!!

IM SURE YOU WILL BE TOLD DIFFERENT BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OUT OF OUR MISERY..

GET INFORMED,, THANK BILL GATES FOR THE INTERNET AND LOG ONTO WWW.SEE.COM.AU AUSTRALIAS BIGGEST JOB SEARCH WEB SITE THEN TYPE YOUR JOB IN THEN YOUR DESIRED DESTINATION AND BE ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE.

SORRY TO BURST BUBBLES BUT YOU WILL THANK ME WHEN YOU CALM DOWN

HOPE THIS HELPS

Guest WARDStoOZ
SMELL THE COFFEE PEOPLE AND DONT GIVE THE AUSSIES ONE MORE DOLLAR!!

CSL LIST IS A CON PREYING ON VUNERABLE WORKING CLASS BRITS TRYING TO FLEE A RECESSION...

THEY DONT NEED ANY SKILLED IMMIGRANTS AS THERE ARE NO JOBS AS THEY ARE IN A RECESSION TOO!!

IM SURE YOU WILL BE TOLD DIFFERENT BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OUT OF OUR MISERY..

GET INFORMED,, THANK BILL GATES FOR THE INTERNET AND LOG ONTO WWW.SEE.COM.AU AUSTRALIAS BIGGEST JOB SEARCH WEB SITE THEN TYPE YOUR JOB IN THEN YOUR DESIRED DESTINATION AND BE ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE.

SORRY TO BURST BUBBLES BUT YOU WILL THANK ME WHEN YOU CALM DOWN

HOPE THIS HELPS

My mum's job is on the CSL... I typed it in (midwife) and just put the location as Brisbane and 300 job adverts came up so it sounds pretty good to me!

Dan :-)

Guest Gollywobbler
My mum's job is on the CSL... I typed it in (midwife) and just put the location as Brisbane and 300 job adverts came up so it sounds pretty good to me!

Very well said, Dan. Thank you for your insight and pragmatic common sense.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill,

Hi Zamb

Very well done to you. Now you can relax a bit this weekend.

Don't be surprised if VIC take longer than 8 weeks to respond. I should think 176 sponsorship applications have been pouring into all the State Migration Centres all week and pouring into VIC more than most because of the imminent change to their Lists. Whether they have enough staff to cope with the sudden and massive demand is another matter, however....

Fingers crossed for you. xx

Best wishes

Gill

Guest gladiator ace

I just typed midwife in and 7 bogus agency jobs came up; ie they want you to sign up to their agency but the jobs dont exsist.

dont know where your 300 came from is it a typo was it 3?

which migration agency do you work for exactly?:biggrin:

Guest juliemtaylor

Yes we have been doing this for as long as we made the decision to go and its still looking good - most of the jobs are not even posted on these sites anyway so I won't be defeated by the negative posts on here!

Julie

Archived