Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roddy and Lynn

In sydney on 457 for 2nd time

Just completing paperwork for Permanent Residents visas, boy are there a lot of forms, not helped by the fact both our children are now over 18 and we are having to claim them as dependants. This is giving them both a good excuse not to find part time jobs(they both are at uni, one here and one back in Glasgow)

Anyone any idea how long perm. res. visas take to be processed?

Guest jules2376

Hey...this is my first posting. I'm on my 2nd 457 and had my application lodged for a 175 on 16th Jan. Last week i got the news from my migration agent about the IELTS test. Being an accountant i have no choice to do this test otherwise my application stays at category five which is estimated at three years! If i pass the IELTS i go to category three (Critical skills) and it'll take 4-8 months. Has anyone done the IELTS recently? Has anyone else heard similar from their agents?

Jules

Hey...this is my first posting. I'm on my 2nd 457 and had my application lodged for a 175 on 16th Jan. Last week i got the news from my migration agent about the IELTS test. Being an accountant i have no choice to do this test otherwise my application stays at category five which is estimated at three years! If i pass the IELTS i go to category three (Critical skills) and it'll take 4-8 months. Has anyone done the IELTS recently? Has anyone else heard similar from their agents?

Jules

Hey Jules

I am still in UK and am an accountant applying for a 175 visa, it was lodged on 11th Jan. This change comes from the requirements stipulated on the CSL. Your agent is clearly correct, you must pass at least level 7 on each of the four parts of the IELTS.

If you are a natural born English speaker, you should have no problems at all. If you are not, it is worth getting some source materials (IELTS web site helps with that) and working on it.

I sat mine during January and managed a 9 average (top marks :yes:) - and I failed English O level, so you shouldnt have a problem I would have thought.

I heard that some 75% to 80% of all accountants entering on a 175 visa do not get work as accountants in Australia, because they cannot speak English to the correct standard! This is why they have introduced the requirement.

If you want any more info about the test etc, PM me.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Adam

ps - I wonder if you can tell me, what are the prospects for an experienced accountant securing work in Oz at the moment?

Guest mark&robyn

Hello All,

Mark & Robyn

175 Visa

Vet assess paper passed 10/08 Vet assess prac passed 23/2/09 175 visa submitted (front loaded everything!) 25/02/09 Acknowledged 26/02/09

Heading for Noosa - Sunshine Coast!

:biggrin:

Guest AlisonC
Hey Jules

I am still in UK and am an accountant applying for a 175 visa, it was lodged on 11th Jan. This change comes from the requirements stipulated on the CSL. Your agent is clearly correct, you must pass at least level 7 on each of the four parts of the IELTS.

If you are a natural born English speaker, you should have no problems at all. If you are not, it is worth getting some source materials (IELTS web site helps with that) and working on it.

I sat mine during January and managed a 9 average (top marks :yes:) - and I failed English O level, so you shouldnt have a problem I would have thought.

I heard that some 75% to 80% of all accountants entering on a 175 visa do not get work as accountants in Australia, because they cannot speak English to the correct standard! This is why they have introduced the requirement.

If you want any more info about the test etc, PM me.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Adam

ps - I wonder if you can tell me, what are the prospects for an experienced accountant securing work in Oz at the moment?

Hello Adam & Jules,

I am a FCCA & filed my 175 in Oct 2008.

I sat the IELTS test in July 2008 in order to obtain >120 points and also found the test extremely easy.

Anyhow Jules, as you are applying for a second 457 visa, I assume that you are already living and working in Australia. The CSL list stipulates that you should have the IELTS OR

Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)

As you are a sponsored worker, do you not qualify as having served a 12 month SMIPA internship?

Just a thought........

I too would be interested in the potential job market at the moment etc,

Alison

Hello everyone

Paul (32), Donna (29), Brandon & Haydon (3) and a baby on the way.

I.T. Manager

I am using ASA immigration agents. Sent my RP and skills application in, receceived by the ACS on 22nd dec. Still waiting for a response.

Passed the IELTS in January as I needed the points.

Will be applying for 175 visa if I get a positive result from the ACS.

Guest SkyeStephen09
Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

Skye 21 (Australian) ; Stephen 26 (British) - Engaged

309 Spouse Visa (Offshore Application)

APPLYING NOW - Getting everything together to be sent off in a matter of days...

Currently reside in Lancashire (UK), and soon to move to QLD to visit Relatives, and then Sydney to live! (**FINGERS CROSSED ANYWAY**)

SO SCARY...BUT CAN'T WAIT :twitcy:

Thanks everyone, celebrations have come to a halt, hubby been on nights and is now snoring on the sofa. LOL. will just have to do it all agian tomorrow night. But yes a huge relief, now trawling the airlines for flights. ......... Cant wait to get there now.

can anyone shed some light on the sub class 457, i have been sponsored applied for visa and queensland nursing registration, the QNC are behind but didn't think it was a problem until i got an email saying that i would have to withdraw my visa application until i have been granted a pin number from the QNC. Not heard of this before as people i know have the visa and just waiting for their pin number to be given???

Guest WARDStoOZ
can anyone shed some light on the sub class 457, i have been sponsored applied for visa and queensland nursing registration, the QNC are behind but didn't think it was a problem until i got an email saying that i would have to withdraw my visa application until i have been granted a pin number from the QNC. Not heard of this before as people i know have the visa and just waiting for their pin number to be given???

Hi, you should be able to keep your 457 application with DIAC and the case officer should then wait until you have your QNC Reg through before granting, post this on the nurses thread or in a thread of its own and more people could help hopefully,

Dan :cool:

thanks for replying, the case officer said she can't keep the file open and if i don't withdraw it then my visa application will be refused. apparently once i get the QNC registration i then have to submit all the forms and documents again - it must be me because i've not heard of anyone else having to do this

but thanks again

Guest WARDStoOZ
thanks for replying, the case officer said she can't keep the file open and if i don't withdraw it then my visa application will be refused. apparently once i get the QNC registration i then have to submit all the forms and documents again - it must be me because i've not heard of anyone else having to do this

but thanks again

No worries, Good Luck!!!

Dan x :smile:

Guest snow white
:yes:visa approved today, :cool:

congratulations on your visa woohoo

all the best for your new life in oz

lesley x

Guest howie

Visa approved today!

Visa: 475 State Sponsored (SA)

State Sponsorship application lodged: 26th November 2008

State sponorship approved: 28th Jan 2009

Visa application lodged: 28th Jan 2009

Visa application approved: 10th March 2009

Guest brandyslad
Visa approved today!

Visa: 475 State Sponsored (SA)

State Sponsorship application lodged: 26th November 2008

State sponorship approved: 28th Jan 2009

Visa application lodged: 28th Jan 2009

Visa application approved: 10th March 2009

That is so quick! When did you send your meds of? I am waiting for ours to be finalised at the minute. And by the way CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Guest annemarie and brian
visa approved today!

Visa: 475 state sponsored (sa)

state sponsorship application lodged: 26th november 2008

state sponorship approved: 28th jan 2009

visa application lodged: 28th jan 2009

visa application approved: 10th march 2009

congratulations!!! On your visa!!

Archived