Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest chris_mac

Chris, Mandy, Hannah and Lewis,

Hoping to move to Bris Caloundra sometime 2009, whenever we get a CO! House sold, Bank accounts opened, In rented at the mo...Got family in sydney and Brisbane asking every week when are we coming! Argghhhh Cant wait... It will happen... Best wishes and luck for the new year...

Chris

General Electrician

Applied TRA Aug 07

TRA Retuned Oct (Skill path D removed)

Re-applied Vetassess 01.01.08

Vetassess Paper Assess Passed 10.04.08

House up for sale 28.03.08 sold 14.04.08 (3 weeks, crikey)

Vetassess Practical 15.07.08

Practical Passed 11.08.08

176 Visa Application submitted 11.09.08

DIAC Acknowledgement 24.09.08

Sent Police checks 27.08.08 - Recieved 06.09.08

Waiting C/O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest joe & ian
Paul 42 and Dot 43 Paul 14 Tom 12 Jack 9 and Katie 2 .

176 sponsored by Queensland Sheet metal worker.

Had co since august 28Th everything is now received

Brisbane.

hi we are new to this site but as like alot of you we are to very:arghh::::::

we are applying for 175 visa my husband is a roof tiler (slater ) he is 32yrs im 30yrs and our 3 children are 10, 8, 5..

We a applied for our online visa on 15/07/08 and front loaded our meds and police checks 13/10/08 we are using an agent but we still have'nt been notified of a case officer. we have checked on immi.gov and it says finialised ??? but still not heard anything ??

is anyone is the same postion????? or any advice very much appriecated

thanks jo & Ian

Did you go through an agent for your visa's? Was the application logged online or by paper? Ours was logged by paper the begining of September 2008 and we have heard nothing yet. I was under the impression that there is a 12 month back log!

Guest joe & ian

we applied on line well our agent did for us not sure on the back log as we are in the dark as what is going on ???? with our application ??

Guest proud2beaussie
we applied on line well our agent did for us not sure on the back log as we are in the dark as what is going on ???? with our application ??

If an online check says finalised then that usually means a case officer has been assigned,I suggest getting back on to your agent and ask them what is happening,that after all is what you are paying them for.If they don't help contact IMMI directly on

1300 364 613

June(37) part qualified Accountant

Jason(38) toolmaker

Amy(11)

Aaron(8)

Holly(3)

Applied by paper for 175 MODL - Trade assessment received before hand - not using agent

Application logged beginning of Sept 2008.

Been keeping eye on Official website to check status for allocation of applications logged. Loks leke it could be 12 months so not booked for meds or police checks yet as they only last 12 months.

Going to book them for nxt month.

Wanted to be out in Oz by September 2009 but more realistic to look at Jan 2010!

Are we being realistic? comments please!

Guest dannii28

Hi we are going on 175 skilled visa. Me, Danielle (24) work for ambulance service, O/H Chris (25) Plasterer. TRA passed end of 11/08 online application submitted start of 12/08.

Heading to North Brisbane area, like the look of Redcliffe. We are seriously considering Working Holiday Visa if, ( which it wont) 175 not through by June 2009!!!!! :jiggy:

Guest proud2beaussie

Jason(38) toolmaker

Amy(11)

Aaron(8)

Holly(3)

Applied by paper for 175 MODL - Trade assessment received before hand - not using agent

Been keeping eye on Official website to check status for allocation of applications logged. Loks leke it could be 12 months so not booked for meds or police checks yet as they only last 12 months.

Wanted to be out in Oz by September 2009 but more realistic to look at Jan 2010!

Toolmaker is an occupation that is on the Critical Skill list that has been introduced on January 1 which means that they will give priority to processing applications for those visas,also Accountant is on the list if the applicant has completed certain tests.

See http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

I would seriously suggest either engaging the services of an agent or contacting IMMI directly to ask whether your applications fit any of this criteria.

HTH

Guest Euan&Katie
Euan (41) and Katie de Kock + Greg, Joe and Sam de Kock.

ACS RPL Assesment Received 16/04/08 - No MODL

ACS RPL Appeal Sent/Received 16/06/08 2231-79 MODL!

175 Application Lodged 30/06/08 (Online)

Health X-Ray and Checks Done 28/07/08 Acknowledged 29/08/08

UK Police Done 22/08/08

Zim Police Applied 24/09/08 - Waiting...

UPDATE:

I went back to Zimbabwe in early December and managed to get the Zim Police clearance certificate and uploaded it - Very lucky, as it went in just before our application started being processed. We went straight from Waiting to Approved!

15-DEC-2008 175 Visa Granted.

July 2009 - Perth here we come!

Guest fulhaminoz

Hi all

Jamie 41

On a 457 but in process of appling for spousal as time is almost up

Electrician

Dalby Qld

Guest mamaluca

Hi all,

Steve, Jessie, Luca (3), Amelie (9 months)

Waiting for ENS 121 visa to be granted - lodged 29 October, medicals sent the week before. Steve's x-ray lost - had to be redone and sent off, confirmed as received early December .... We were hoping to be in Melbourne by 1st February latest as that is hubby's start date for new job. But won't be happening as he still has to do a month's notice here once we get the visa ....

Guest Roofer

Hi,

We are Steve 35 ,Shelley 35, Ellis 11,and Fern 6.

Applied for 175 PR June 08 Paper based ,got CO on the 22 Dec 08 req Meds and PCC also wanted additional work related info ..

Now hopefully get Visa soon.!!!!

Heading for Perth.

Guest garynhelen

Hello all fellow brits hoping for a warmer life down under!

We are Gary 41, Helen 39, Becky 15, Dan 14 and Rachel 10. Applying for a skilled sponsored 176 visa (got a brother and family in Perth 3 years and loving it!)

Just looking at skills assessments, got a few options, Welfare Worker, Community Worker,(Gary) Fashion Designer or Dressmaker!!(Helen)

Anyone know about Nvq4 equivilents to AQF diplomas in welfare work?

Guest annemarie and brian
Did you go through an agent for your visa's? Was the application logged online or by paper? Ours was logged by paper the begining of September 2008 and we have heard nothing yet. I was under the impression that there is a 12 month back log!

hi junie, we logged paper based feb and got a c/o november but there was a lot of

backlog but they got extra people on to get rid of backlog and i think they have caught

up quiet well so you might here something soon.

i hope this helps.

annemarie

Jason(38) toolmaker

Amy(11)

Aaron(8)

Holly(3)

hi you are being realistic, but we applied feb 08 and got our c/o nov 08 and done meds etc straight away and they rec them 8th dec so are just waiting for visa now so it

could be done by sept for you.

annemarie

will keep fingers crossed for you.

hi you are being realistic, but we applied feb 08 and got our c/o nov 08 and done meds etc straight away and they rec them 8th dec so are just waiting for visa now so it

could be done by sept for you.

annemarie

will keep fingers crossed for you.

Don't want to get hopes up. Will get medicals etc done and logged as soon as poss then try and tie things up this end - just in case!! Getting really excited now:jiggy:x

Don't want to get hopes up. Will get medicals etc done and logged as soon as poss then try and tie things up this end - just in case!! Getting really excited now:jiggy:x

i dont balme you getting excited i would be more if our house could sell.

i dont balme you getting excited i would be more if our house could sell.

Ours is not on the market yet. Don't know if it would be better to rent it out for a while or sell it. People seem to think that we may want to come back:chatterbox:?

Ours is not on the market yet. Don't know if it would be better to rent it out for a while or sell it. People seem to think that we may want to come back:chatterbox:?

yes the estate agents keep aasking us to rent but we said no we want a

complete break and if we came back i would not want to come back to

essex but my hubby said he would rather be some where with nice

weather and be skint than in rip off england .

:unsure:

yes the estate agents keep aasking us to rent but we said no we want a

complete break and if we came back i would not want to come back to

essex but my hubby said he would rather be some where with nice

weather and be skint than in rip off england .

:unsure:

How true! I would rather make a clean break. I have a lot of family in Essex but would nt want to live there. Where are you going in Oz? Are you just waiting for your house to sell?

:huh:

How true! I would rather make a clean break. I have a lot of family in Essex but would nt want to live there. Where are you going in Oz? Are you just waiting for your house to sell?

:huh:

We are going to sunshine coast queensland,no we are waiting for the house

and our visa to come hopefully very soon.(i can only wish)

where abouts are you going in oz? and what do you have to wait for till you

can go?

We are going to sunshine coast queensland,no we are waiting for the house

and our visa to come hopefully very soon.(i can only wish)

where abouts are you going in oz? and what do you have to wait for till you

can go?

We are still waiting to be allocated a case officer to deal with our vizas. We have to put house on market as well as get medicals, xrays and police checks! Not for certain but may end up in Adelaide.

You are way ahead of us!:skeptical:

We are still waiting to be allocated a case officer to deal with our vizas. We have to put house on market as well as get medicals, xrays and police checks! Not for certain but may end up in Adelaide.

You are way ahead of us!:skeptical:

yes but longest time was waiting for c/o then everything was done within a week

meds etc. so once you have case officer it will be quick.

Guest Furball

Names: Melissa (and Steven, he's an Aussie though!!)

What Visa: DeFacto - one of the family ones...

How far along are you: Paperwork... (only decided we were going this year on 1/1)

Med booked for 30th Jan, Xray done 9th Jan, Police check applied for on 11th Jan

Where you going to be living: Queensland - with his mum!!!

yes but longest time was waiting for c/o then everything was done within a week

meds etc. so once you have case officer it will be quick.

They logged our viza application back at the beginning of September 2008 and we are still waiting!

:mad:

Archived