Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guys, this thread was originally intended to be a "catch up" for people who are in the throws of getting the visas.

If you have questions you are better off starting a thread yourself in the relevent section. Your questions may get lost in cyberspace on long threads like this one!

Please PM a mod if you are unsure how to post a new thread and we will happily explain things to you!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nfowley

Nicola (26) and Simon (28)

PR 175 Visa submitted online 12th Sept 08, meds and x-rays front loaded Oct 08

Hoping to move to Goldcoast

We were planning to go next year but have 2 properties here, not managed to sell yet!!!!!! So that's a worry.

Guest smiler77

hi, i,m Tracy (nurse), 175 lodged online 02/10/08, pc and meds about 14/10/08, hoping to go to queensland, will have to renew my queensland nursing reg again as taking so long since i started this in feb!! now the last long tormenting wait:tongue:

Guest Jan'n'Lee

Hi All,

Janet 46, School Assistant, Lee 41 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (structures), Katie 16, Daniel 10.

176 Family sponsored visa submitted Sept 23rd 2008, meds done Oct 08.

We are Brits living in Canada so don't know if location makes a difference.

Would like to live in Sydney or Melbourne but will go wherever Lee gets a job.

Like everybody else, just waiting!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Guest kkris.san

hi we are on 176 (state sponsored) by NSW ...applied online as internal auditor on 22nd july 2008...front loaded medicals on 14th oct 2008, recieved and status changed to "recieved" on 1st page.,...(no changes on document checklist page) we fall under high risk country category....

regards

krisha

Guest bbbinks
Hi every one

Sean 38..... Marie 34..... Charlotte 13.... Callum 11..... Erin 6.....Roisin 3.....

175 Visa........Hubbie is a painter and decorator

Applied 21 april 2008 got case officer 18th September asking for more info!!!!!!!

Hopefully heading for Brisbane some where around Pacific Pines, Helensvale, etc!!!!

House under offer STILL! Going as soon as the house is complete and visa is in our hands!!!!!!

Good luck every one

Marie x

hi there, fantastic news, good luck, sue childminder, ian electrican, leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, bethany 8,heading gold coast area not sure wat part tho, good luck

Guest bbbinks
Hi all we are the Metcalfe's

Rickie 31 electrition special class(main applicant)

Dionne 33 Nursery Nurse

Thomas 9

Maisie 6

Lucy our 10 year old Labrador

We passed the TRA in sept 08

Main application lodged Oct 14th 08

We wont be front loading meds or pc as its less time to sell our house just waiting for CO now.:v_SPIN:

Ian electrican , sue childminder, leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, bethany 8 going to gold coast 09, passed tra 28 oct result 2 wk later wow, 176 state sponsor queensland lodged end nov 08, getting info of our agent in brisbane for meds and pc hope to get them done dec 08, our agent months ago told us once you lodge the visa could be 4-6 months if trade is in demand whitch oh is, now she saying 9- 15 months, has anyone else been told different, we have house to sell too, realy need to get there asap to get kids settled in school etc, good luck with everything, sue ian and clan :rolleyes: sue0304@hotmail.co.uk

Guest bbbinks
hi guys

im on a 457, we had our meds done 26 sept nealy 3 wks ago and it feels like 12 months ago!!!!!, what i would like to know is how long do i have to wait before i get my visa . the meds got to sydney but because im renting my place out and looking for tennants i just wondered what time scale i have before sorting things out. Hope you can help

teen

Hi we are ian electrican, sue ,childminder, ryan 14, beth 8, leanne 18, charlotte 16 moving to gold coast near southport, wats it like there for schools ect, if your kids want to chat to mine email me and ill send you theres, there really shy and i have been trying to get them to talk to others that are in same boat , teens have worries of making new friends, i gave brit lad our charlies num and now they keep intouch, he just left on 13 nov 08 good luck with everything sue0304@hotmail.co.uk:rolleyes:

Guest junglegeorge45

Hi guys,

Well, nothing to report, and I'm so frustrated about waiting around for any action I've stopped checking my 176 lodgement status. I guess it's back to reality that life has to move on despite appearing to be on hold.

Alex.

Guest hels269

morning, thought i woudl update you all

Names:Helen

What Visa: 176

How far along are you: everything went to the decision maker on 6th November..aaggghh, how much longer ????

Where you going to be living: townsville to start with as have family there, potentially move to brisbane if i struggle finding work.

Guest tracynben

hi everyone we in perth at mo on 457 visa, and in process of applying for 856 employer sponosred visa

Richard and tracy, ben and bump

awaiting approval for nomination:received 6 nov

tracy xxxxxxx

Guest The Birmingham Villains
hi everyone we in perth at mo on 457 visa, and in process of applying for 856 employer sponosred visa

Richard and tracy, ben and bump

awaiting approval for nomination:received 6 nov

tracy xxxxxxx

Hi Tracy,

how long have you been here on 457 visa? If you get employer sponsorship, how long are you tied to them?

I am just over on 457 at the moment but have to look at options as I am 45 next March. I will be 48 when 457 runs out, do you know if I can apply for PR then.:notworthy:

Cheers

Kev

Guest noms&vit

Naomi & Vittorio

Sponsored 457 - Accenture

Should get TRN tomorrow

Sydney... hopefully by 12th Jan although no flights booked yet!!

Guest tracynben
Hi Tracy,

how long have you been here on 457 visa? If you get employer sponsorship, how long are you tied to them?

I am just over on 457 at the moment but have to look at options as I am 45 next March. I will be 48 when 457 runs out, do you know if I can apply for PR then.:notworthy:

Cheers

Kev

We have been here over 2 years now. Im not sure if we have to be tied down to the company once they have sponsored us, i guess it depends if you sign a contract with them or not, but if you dont there is no law keeping you there.

You can apply for PR now, but you will need to obtain a positive skills assessment, my partner knows he will have problems with this so thats why hes going down the employer sponsorship route.

With this option you need to work in australia for 2 years, and at least 12 months with the company sponsoring you, and the skills assessment is then exempt.

Im not sure about if your age will effect this or not, i think you have to be 45 or under, but in certain circumstances they dont worry about the age, you would have to contact immigration and ask them about this. I guess it depends what skill you have, and how much its in demand over here.

Even if you apply for PR yourself the application can take up to 15 months to be completed, but if your 45 or under when you apply you may have a better chance of being accepted, if your age will be a factor on the employer sponsorship. Also you will need to check with your current employer that hes happy to sponsor you on a permenent visa.

The employer sponsorhip is much cheaper quicker and easier than the independent one, the employer nomination fee is $370, the actual visa is $2105 plus medicals and police checks, and you dont have to leave australia to have it stamped and it takes a max of 5-7 months to complete.

The independent visa costs about $5000 plus medicals and police checks, takes up to 15 months to complete, and you have to do the skills assessment, think thats about $200-$300. AND you have to leave the country and come back to get it stamped, so basically you would have to fork out a few grand just to go on holiday, so in all if your prepared to wait for 2 years on a 457 visa, your company will sponsor you and you think your age wont be a factor then i would go for that option.

If you think your age will be a factor then i would apply for residency now before you turn 46.

If you need to know anything gollywobbler knows a lot, or look on the immigration website, or ring them up.

hope that helps

tracy

Hey,

In reply to the 'Newbies wrote here' post, here you go

Names: Drew & Graham

What Visa: 457 & Interdependent

How far along are you: Not very, nomination approved, 457 currently “Application being processed further” which frankly couldn’t be more cryptic!

Originally on a 417 working holiday visa, 6 month limit reached today, so I now cannot work for my employer until either the 457 is approved, or my WHV 6 month limit is extended – turns out the WHV centre in Tasmania currently has delays! So no work, no money. X-Rays are done and were all clear… waiting to hear… any idea’s on time scales from here?

Where you going to be living: Eastern Suburbs, Sydney

Lived here for 9 months. Love Australia with a passion! It’s simply our favorite place with fantastic people, weather (although wetter than expected) and general ethic. Customer Services could do with a bit of work, but overall – Australia Rocks! Bring it own!

Our fate is in the hands of a faceless somebody or automated system in the world of Immigration… will keep you posted!

Anybody got any advise, or tips I’d be VERY happy to hear from you…

Guest rileyosian

OH has job ready in Melbourne, hoping to go in March 2009. Company have kindly offered sponsorship but we'd already applied for 175 independent skilled visa and would prefer to go on this. One property is due to complete next week and just took an offer on our home last week, so everything seems to be coming together after months of becoming disillusioned! TRA done, medicals and police checks sent and received, just waiting for the visa now and we can book flights. I will then create a special Oz chocolate advent calendar until the big day, woohoo! Hoping the date won't be too far off and the Oz advent calendar doesn't result in me having to book two seats for my backside or travel in the cargo hold due to copious amounts of chocolate being consumed.

Guest susie one
hi, we are;

keith 46 [hammer] electrician- independent visa

nicki 46

james 23 ollie 20 emily 19 poppy 16

visa granted april 07 validated august 07

desparatly trying to sell our family home [1 1/2 veiwers since june , 2nd came on the drive but didnt come in !]

want to go asap subject to selling. ollie is applying to griffith uni in brisbane for end january, rest of kids will come kicking and screaming!

want to settle on sunshine coast, looking at colundra but dont want it set in stone, its exciting to discover when were finally there!

]

Hi all , sue and ian electrican moving 09 some time, we have kelly 20, leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, beth 8 if you fancy chatting call us 0113 2178591 leeds

Guest garryhandsley

Hi

We applied for our 457 visa on the 2/10/08, has our medicals on the 7/10/08, which were sent electronically. Meds finalised on the 21/10/08, havn't heard nothing since!! had no correspondance at all. Do you know what happens next? are you further along the process? any information would be gratefully received. I am a nuese spnosored by ramsey healthcare, WA. Have nurse registration but are desperate for our visa's as we are living with the in-laws!!!!

Sharon

Shazza

Sharon & Bob applied RRV 11/11/08 still trying to get there!

Going WA near Mandurah Hopefully!

The waiting is a nightmare eh!

Want someone to put me out of my misery,, and say YES!!!!!!!!!

Guest garryhandsley

Hi Sharon

I know its nightmare!!! We actually got our visa's today we are sooooo happy. My husband is flying out wednesday to secure a rental and then me and the kids are following next week. I can't wait we are all excited. We logded our visa on the 2 october, so it took 8 weeks. I had to get nurse registration with the australian nurses board, which only came through last friday so I think that was holding the visa's up, but we got there in the end as i'm sure you will. Good luck

Sharyn

Guest garryhandsley

Sharyn (35) Garry (34) Lewis (10) Ellis (7) Tia (5)

Visa logded 2/10/08

Medicals 7/10/08

Application for nurse registration 13/10/08

health requirements finalised 21/10/08

Nurse registration 27/11/08

visa approved 1/12/08

Flying to pertth next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Archived