Visa update

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest Paula&Andy

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I moved here 18 months ago on a 3yr temporary regional sponsored visa (subclass 475). We can apply for permenant residency after 2 yrs (this coming August). We are not sure how to go about this. We have found what we think is the correct form but really dont want to risk making any mistakes. I have been advised that the application will take approx 2 - 5 months to process even though we are already living here etc.

One more thing is we really wanted to buy a house later this year and are worried now that we will miss out on a first time home buyers grant as it is being rumoured to be being stopped, especially if our permenant residency is not granted in August.

Lastly, we are also expecting a baby in october this year, will the baby be classed as an australian resident or british etc? Confused.

Can anyone offer any advice who has done this before themselves?

Thanks Paula :wacko:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, this is our first post! We only decided today that we are definitely going to go for it:biggrin:

What Visa: 175 PR

How far along are you: Not at all - waiting for degree transcripts back to send off for skills assessment (teacher) prior to visa application!

Where you going to be living: Melbourne or Sydney, probably Melbourne

Hi and welcome to the forum, best of luck with the visa process

Tania X

Guest Furball

Names: Furball ;)

What Visa: Defacto Spouse

How far along are you: Granted last Friday WOOP

Where you going to be living: Bli Bli

Names: Jamie & Rebecca

What Visa: 05/02/09 sucessful in getting State sponsered 176 QLD. Motor mechainc

How far along are you: Meds & Police checks submitted 16/02/09. Case officer 24/02/09, more info needed. Deadline for extra info 24/03/09. Now another wait, anyone have an idea of how long please??

Where you going to be living: Brisbane hopefully, not quite sure where.

Aug 08: TRA sucess, 20/11/08 submitted 175 online, 13/01/09 applied for QLD state sponsorship. 05/02/09 QLD state sponsership granted & visa changed to 176

Guest sparkytallpaul

morning to all ! my self & wifey are new to this forum, we have, in the last 2 months been to two expos. They were v helpful, but we still cant find out wether its worth me applying for my skilled visa yet ? We cant find out how long a skilled visa is valid for once accepted? We cant wait to emigrate, but want to wait & see how the resession effects oz? WE dont want to jump out of the frying pan in to the fire!!! Any info would be cool. Thanx

morning to all ! my self & wifey are new to this forum, we have, in the last 2 months been to two expos. They were v helpful, but we still cant find out wether its worth me applying for my skilled visa yet ? We cant find out how long a skilled visa is valid for once accepted? We cant wait to emigrate, but want to wait & see how the resession effects oz? WE dont want to jump out of the frying pan in to the fire!!! Any info would be cool. Thanx

You have been to two expos & you thought they were helpfull but they could not answer your question on skilled visa ? This realy shows what a complete waste of time these expose are.

Guest sparkytallpaul
Morning All,

It seems to have been ages since we caught up with everyone so lets have:

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Where you going to be living:

I`ll make this a sticky thread so all newbies will see it and can add onto it.

hi all. im penny 36 my husband paul 32 and our two cats want to come over to peth asap, but looking at local papers on line the recession is concerning us as we dont want to send for my husbands skilled visa - electrician, as we are'nt sure how long it stays valid for once accepted, and also we are really nervous of jumping from the frying pan into the fire as we are hearing of increasing amounts of redundancys out there too.

Guest sparkytallpaul

the expos were very informative, we just didnt ask when there, what the validity is once the visa is accepted. do you know the answer???

Guest JoanneHattersley

REMEMBER everyone,

This thread is a general one. THere is a visa update thread out there for each of the states. That way you can keep up with people heading your way!

Guest sparkytallpaul
Hi There

going on a 457 visa hubby has job at RMIT Melbourne

Tony 46 Denise? and Rowan aged 12

TRN nomination 21/3/09

Visa Lodged 24/3/09

Medicals due 30/03/09

then the wait!!!!

those meds are happening quick - surprising! is this the norm? I now know to expect that! - thanku

Good luck!!!

Guest sparkytallpaul
REMEMBER everyone,

This thread is a general one. THere is a visa update thread out there for each of the states. That way you can keep up with people heading your way!

thankyou! my husband has gone out and ive just realised that im a slow learner!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Samfire
Morning All,

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Hi Everyone

Dave 37, Shirley 35, Mark 12, Alex 4 - 176 visa - hubby has job offer as a printer in Canberra ACT. Positive Skills result; awaiting decision on State Sponsorship from ACT; Main DIAC application ready for online submission once sponsorship received. Preparing final touches to the house before putting it on the market. Crossing fingers and toes at this stage that things will go to plan. Hope to be in Oz before the end of the year!!! :swoon:

Guest Angela Barker

Hi my name is Angie 44 and my husband Andy 33 and son Alex 14 is in the process of migrating to Townsville Queensland. Im a ICU nurse who is been sponsored by the hospital on a 457 visa. We have rented the house out (still on the market to sell) living with my sister till visa comes through. Medicals booked for next week (3rd time been cancelled). How long are we looking at before visa will come through? Any advice would be so welcome, never been so stressed in my life xx

Morning All,

Names:

What Visa:

How far along are you:

Hello All,

Names - Jeff (41), Janet (42), Jamie (19), Callum (18)

What Visa - Originally Family sponsored 176 to Queensland. Now state sponsored 176 to WA.

How Far Along - Original application lodged Dec 08 OH is a hairdresser. Switched April 09, now waiting to hear if successful.

Where Live - Looking at Rockingham, Safety Bay and Coolangup but anywhere around Perth will do.

Hi Angela

once we had the results of meds which are sent direct to Sydney and police checks which took about 10 days to come through we uploaded everything onto visa application and it came through in a couple of weeks. Have known some to come through quicker, my sister is in the process of doing hers so when she has hers I'll let you know how long hers took. Do you have your Queensland NMC registration through yet. I have a job at the Mater childrens hospital in Brisbane, where are you going to be working.

all the best

lynne

Guest Angela Barker

Hi Lynne,

thankyou for your reply, we have sent the NMC verfication pack weeks ago, which they send to oz?? And I have my documents ready to send, which has been verifierd by a soclictor. Which will be sent on tuesday along with my contract. The hosptal I will to be working is the Mater hospital in Townsville North Queensland. Good luck with your job. Please keep in touch and let use know how things are going. Angie x

Guest susie one
Hello All,

Names - Jeff (41), Janet (42), Jamie (19), Callum (18)

What Visa - Originally Family sponsored 176 to Queensland. Now state sponsored 176 to WA.

How Far Along - Original application lodged Dec 08 OH is a hairdresser. Switched April 09, now waiting to hear if successful.

Where Live - Looking at Rockingham, Safety Bay and Coolangup but anywhere around Perth will do.

HI, its nice to hear some more teens are going to queensland, sue 44, ian srarky 41, leanne 18, charlotte 16, ryan 14, beth 8, good luck , sue n xxxxxxxxx:rolleyes:

Hi all,

I have submitted all the requirements as requested by CO on 18th March including medicals and PCC. Any idea how long it would take for a VISA grant from now?

Archived