Hello All, we've decided to move to the other side of the world

Elliott-Family

Hi

We are the Elliott family from Derby, we have decided we would like to Move to Melbourne, maybe Point Cook, Werribee, Altona area.

We are in the process of getting together bits to send off the Skills Assessment, we are hoping to go out on a 175 visa, hubby is a nurse.

We will be going with our 10 year old son Jack and two hairy dogs, Hartley and Tashi - I did baulk at the cost of taking dogs but could not bear to be parted from them (cried when i realised they have to be 30 days in quarantine.)

We love the website, its been loads of help already, we welcome any advice/tips or knowlege of areas.

Sooooooo excited already, think its going to be a long 12 months or so and we just want to go now

Look forward to talking to you

Claire x

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Claire,

It's all so exciting isn't it! We're off to Brisbane but I've been to Melbourne and have family in St Kilda and Brighton, it's a fantastic place. Best of luck with it all,

x

Guest sweetpea0701
Hi

We are the Elliott family from Derby, we have decided we would like to Move to Melbourne, maybe Point Cook, Werribee, Altona area.

We are in the process of getting together bits to send off the Skills Assessment, we are hoping to go out on a 175 visa, hubby is a nurse.

We will be going with our 10 year old son Jack and two hairy dogs, Hartley and Tashi - I did baulk at the cost of taking dogs but could not bear to be parted from them (cried when i realised they have to be 30 days in quarantine.)

We love the website, its been loads of help already, we welcome any advice/tips or knowlege of areas.

Sooooooo excited already, think its going to be a long 12 months or so and we just want to go now

Look forward to talking to you

Claire x

Good Luck

PIO is full of useful info and helpful people...

All the best

Guest Angie*mark

Hi and welcome, you found the only site you will ever need for info. We are looking at going to Altona and researched the area throughly, So any info u need on schools, employment etc just let me know and i'll try and help as much as poss.

Angie xx

Guest julie2g1b

hiya and welcome to pio your not to far from us were heading to perth once

house is bloody sold :arghh:this is a fab site loads of us to help you out so fire

away any questions you may have.................

good luck with the visa's and prepare for a rollercoster ride of emotions and

waiting but will be worth it in the end

julie :wubclub:

Hi Claire and welcome2-1.gif to PIO

we liked the look of Altona and surrounding area, my sis lives in Essendon

Don't want to put a downer on your plans but when you are thinking of timescales for your visa etc add a couple of months at least, I was hoping to be in Oz by last Christmas and we only got our visas on 17th Dec!

Having said that nurses are in high demand so you may get through quicker.

Good luck and strap yourself in for the rollercoaster ride of your life LOL

Karen

Guest Yarraville village

Hello Sounds like a good decision I know the areas you talked about Point Cook , Werribee and the quaranteen station where the dogs will live in Spotswood. I know of accommodation 3 train stops in Yarraville away from where the dogs will be kept and it is close to Point cook etc . Email me if you would like further details also details of Nursing agencies in Melbourne.

good luck with the big move, we are also lgoing to Melbourne I don't know where all the suburbs are but I think OH job is in the North of Melbourne, we are going on reccy in October I have a son who is 12. Do you know how much it costs to take a dog I haven't looked into that yet.

We lived there, quite a nice place but quite often you get a bad small of either the seaweed or the oil refineries. My wife used to get mad when the washing was covered in smuts. apart from that OK. Plenty of factories in North Altona if you are in Manufacturing industries. Also close to the western freeway if you have to travel elsewhere especially the city. Quick trian service to the city also. Hope this helps a bit

Hi Claire- we are in same situation as you at moment- just gathering info and references for skills assessment. My hubby is a carpenter. I know how you feel as we had a very stressful day out and about in Portsmouth today and cant wait to go to Perth !

Its going to seem a long wait so have to try and be patient ! But this website has helped me already and its great to talk to other people about everything.

Lots of luck with it all.

Dawn x

good luck with the big move, we are also lgoing to Melbourne I don't know where all the suburbs are but I think OH job is in the North of Melbourne, we are going on reccy in October I have a son who is 12. Do you know how much it costs to take a dog I haven't looked into that yet.

Hiya

We just had quotes for two medium hairy dogs at £2,500 and £3,400 PLUS quarantine fees of approx $800 the cheaper of the fees means you do all the paperwork:err: think there will be vets fees too maybe £200 per dog, the other prices are for the two of them, very expensive but have decided if they cant go neither can I..

Claire

Archived