applying for exemption to leave Australia

Lee Blowers

Hi everyone 

We are applying for a exemption to leave Australia for good in july this year as we want to get back with family and settle back in the uk.

Apparently if we include proof we are leaving Australia for good in the way of sending proof in the exemption form like :

we have sold are house

Price for shipping our belongings 

price for flying our dog

Notice we are leaving our employment 

We should get the approval to leave Australia  !!!  Has anyone else on here had a exemption approval to leave Australia etc ????

Any feedback would be much appreciated  !!!

Lee,Elly & Arnold the Bulldog 

• Like 1

Hi Lee,

We are in the same position.  The house and car are sold, a lot of furniture sold, the rest on a container in Melbourne and we are staying with our daughter until we’ve had the vaccine!  I went on line to apply for permission to leave but it has to be done within 2 months of departure date, not before, so I’m hanging on for the moment.

3 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

Hi Lee,

We are in the same position.  The house and car are sold, a lot of furniture sold, the rest on a container in Melbourne and we are staying with our daughter until we’ve had the vaccine!  I went on line to apply for permission to leave but it has to be done within 2 months of departure date, not before, so I’m hanging on for the moment.

From what I understand, you could be waiting sometime for the vaccine and then you’d need to wait at least three weeks afterwards for it to be effective.  If you return now you’ll get a vaccine within weeks of landing I reckon.  Given the incredibly low Covid numbers in Australia, surely the chances of someone on a flight leaving Australia having it is tiny.  Assume every passenger has to have a negative test before flight too which really does leave a negligible risk I’d say. 

On 28/03/2021 at 18:25, Tulip1 said:

From what I understand, you could be waiting sometime for the vaccine and then you’d need to wait at least three weeks afterwards for it to be effective.  If you return now you’ll get a vaccine within weeks of landing I reckon.  Given the incredibly low Covid numbers in Australia, surely the chances of someone on a flight leaving Australia having it is tiny.  Assume every passenger has to have a negative test before flight too which really does leave a negligible risk I’d say. 

Varies from place to place. I rang several surgeries here on the Sunshine Coast, last Thursday dates offered for the vaccine varied from first appointment available was 21st April as fully booked, to another surgery saying can you come in today!! Unfortunately I couldn’t but am booked in for this Thursday. 

On 21/03/2021 at 16:57, Lee Blowers said:

Hi everyone 

We are applying for a exemption to leave Australia for good in july this year as we want to get back with family and settle back in the uk.

Apparently if we include proof we are leaving Australia for good in the way of sending proof in the exemption form like :

we have sold are house

Price for shipping our belongings 

price for flying our dog

Notice we are leaving our employment 

We should get the approval to leave Australia  !!!  Has anyone else on here had a exemption approval to leave Australia etc ????

Any feedback would be much appreciated  !!!

Lee,Elly & Arnold the Bulldog 

Hi guys

Are you taking Arnold with you?

i know very few airlines fly snub nose breeds so it can be tricky to fly them. This is our boof head Bulldog, we bought him from a family in Brisbane who were returning and couldnt take him with them, We have had him 7 years now.

166316696_159981692648159_9169483927443304208_n.jpg

• Like 3

We flew Perth-UK with our snub-nosed pooch but were restricted as to which months she could fly. We left in April so I'm thinking maybe it was the Northern Hemisphere summer months that weren't allowed.

EDIT - she flew via Dubai.

Edited by s713
  • Like 1

A quick update on applying for an exemption to leave Australia.  I applied yesterday for myself and my husband supplying the same documents for both, confirmation of the sale of our house and the removal list of contents.  My husband’s application was granted by Diane this morning, mine was rejected this afternoon by Lisa!!!  I’ve been asked to provide proof, for example a one way airline ticket, yet you are specifically told not to book flights until you have permission to leave.  Do you think it’s April Fool a day early?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

A quick update on applying for an exemption to leave Australia.  I applied yesterday for myself and my husband supplying the same documents for both, confirmation of the sale of our house and the removal list of contents.  My husband’s application was granted by Diane this morning, mine was rejected this afternoon by Lisa!!!  I’ve been asked to provide proof, for example a one way airline ticket, yet you are specifically told not to book flights until you have permission to leave.  Do you think it’s April Fool a day early?

Madness.  Re-apply immediately, referencing your husband's application and pointing out that their own website instructs you not to book flights. Sounds like a new employee who doesn't know what they're doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

I agree with Marisa ,that is ridiculous.  Do let us know how you get on.

Cal x

Success!  Re-applied immediately and Jason came up trumps this morning (!) at 7.09.  Interestingly, in the 24 hours between my 2 applications my reference number had gone up by over 1700.  Either there are a lot of people applying to leave the country or Lisa is working overtime rejecting people and they are all re-applying!🙃

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 2

5 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

Success!  Re-applied immediately and Jason came up trumps this morning (!) at 7.09.  Interestingly, in the 24 hours between my 2 applications my reference number had gone up by over 1700.  Either there are a lot of people applying to leave the country or Lisa is working overtime rejecting people and they are all re-applying!🙃

Can I please ask, how long is the exemption issued for to leave the country ?

Does it give you a couple of months ? or longer to get organised ? or it not dated, just gives permission to leave ?

20 minutes ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

We have 3 months to leave.  If we are still here on the date specified ( June 30 for my husband, July 2 for me) we have to reapply.

Thanks for the reply. Good luck and safe travels 😊