Global Talent Independent - GTI Visa

rob550

Good Day,

please i want to apply for Global Talent Independent - Visa. I would need some guidance on how to apply for the Visa;

1. Do i need to get a Nominator before i apply for EOI or it should be after

2. Details of internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement - Am not sure 100% sure what the request should be for this statement.

Thanks...

59 minutes ago, rob550 said:

Good Day,

please i want to apply for Global Talent Independent - Visa. I would need some guidance on how to apply for the Visa;

1. Do i need to get a Nominator before i apply for EOI or it should be after

2. Details of internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement - Am not sure 100% sure what the request should be for this statement.

Thanks...

If this is unclear to you, I’d get some professional help with this visa application. 

• Like 1

A nominator is not required at the EOI stage, although it is a good idea to have this organised, at least in principle,  before lodging an EOI.

There are a number of criteria to satisfy for this program and ultimately it is by invitation and at the discretion of the Department of Home Affairs.

I have had many people approach me for this visa with very few meeting the requirements.

You should look at the criteria for the Distinguished Talent Visa as this is what you will be applying for if invited.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 13:51, rob550 said:

Am an Expert in My Field and I have proof to show for it......

If you know of someone that has applied before i just need to get more information and clarity.

Thanks...

To be honest if you truly are an expert in your field, unless its age (or work experience years) that are working against you, it will be easier to apply for a bog-standard skilled visa.

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

To be honest if you truly are an expert in your field, unless its age (or work experience years) that are working against you, it will be easier to apply for a bog-standard skilled visa.

No, the skilled standard visas like the 189 are barely invited anymore. In October only 30 people got invited! Offshore it is almost impossible to get any visa this financial year. 

On 25/11/2020 at 00:51, rob550 said:

Am an Expert in My Field and I have proof to show for it......

If you know of someone that has applied before i just need to get more information and clarity.

Thanks...

@rob550

Do you earn more than 150k p.a.?

4 hours ago, Christiane said:

I got PR for this visa in October, a friend last week and 2 more got the invitation this week. We all work or study at an Australian univeristy. This visa is heavily promoted by the department.  The EOI is easy and doesn't cost anything. So you can easily give it a go. 

@Christiane
I'm guessing by study you mean you are pursuing PhD and not just some kind of random degrees...

On 11/12/2020 at 13:11, Christiane said:

Yes  I am a researcher with a PhD degree and with study I mean PhD student in the field of Advanced Manufacturing. 

@rob550 no. I don't. You only have ro show the ability to earn the high income threshold in the future. 

Does having a PHD make you a Global Talent? 

I'm not sure it does, there are millions of PhD holders out there in the world 

There are 3 million in the USA alone 

It would require more than just being a PhD researcher to qualify for this programme otherwise every person entering Oz would have a PhD

Edited by Ausvisitor

On 11/12/2020 at 18:09, Christiane said:

The EOI is easy and doesn't cost anything. So you can easily give it a go. 

Except that, as pointed out - by a Registered Migration Agent - in the post immediately prior to yours, this visa was closed to new applications on 14 November.

• 1 month later...

Just to be clear, the The Global Talent program is certainly open and in the October budget the number of places on this program was increased to 15,000. The target areas was also expanded from 7 to 10. For those who potentially qualify this visa is extremely attractive for many who are interested in a fast track PR visa. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 18:09, Christiane said:

I got PR for this visa in October, a friend last week and 2 more got the invitation this week. We all work or study at an Australian univeristy. This visa is heavily promoted by the department.  The EOI is easy and doesn't cost anything. So you can easily give it a go. 

Hi Christiane,

I am an IT professional,  have applied GTI 6 months back, have not received any update further, normally how long it takes for the process. 

Thanks,

Manesh