Proof of funds for 190 visa

I’m currently contemplating going through a migration expert for a 190 visa probably nsw. I’ve kinda got to grips with everything that I’ve been told I’ve got to do. But I hear you need to prove you have 25000 dollars when applying? Is this true. I’ve already been on a working holiday visa and never struggled to find jobs and I’m only 26 so I was staying in house shares etc so was pretty cheap. So I would probably do the same again 

14 hours ago, wrussell said:

The evidence called for depends on the state or territory nominating.

Absolutely - I was just putting out there my experience.

I expect that legally the act of declaring that you have the funds and proving you have the funds are one and the same thing. In both cases circumstances can change after grant anyway

7 hours ago, mariaandmike said:

Does this apply to 491?

Potentially. You would need to check the state you have applied for sponsorship from. But, what I will say is regardless of if it is a requirement or not of that state, it would be foolish to move without this sort of level of funding available 

• Confused 1

Hi Verystormy,

$25,000 is a lot to have available in liquid cash, especially if you are not selling your home in UK.  I only think this applies if you go without a job and I would not be moving without security of a job.  The deal is 1 of us must have a secure job to afford rent and living costs.

6 minutes ago, mariaandmike said:

Hi Verystormy,

$25,000 is a lot to have available in liquid cash, especially if you are not selling your home in UK.  I only think this applies if you go without a job and I would not be moving without security of a job.  The deal is 1 of us must have a secure job to afford rent and living costs.

It is not necessarily in liquid cash. As previously mentioned, State requirements vary. As an example: QLD, family of 4, total A$40,000 ($15,000 cash component).

The requirement applies if you want a State to nominate you. If you go down the route of an employer sponsored visa, that is different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mariaandmike said:

Hi Verystormy,

First, getting jobs might be very hard until you are in the country. But, then factor in temporary accommodation, paying a months rent, paying bond, buying a car, replacing anything you aren’t shipping, and general day to day living. Plus, you will have lots of miscellaneous things from school uniforms to all sorts. Then, I believe your husband is a gas fitter. So, he will need to work towards his license which will mean some expensive collage courses. In the first month or so, you just leach money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mariaandmike said:

Hi Verystormy,

As VeryStormy says, the chances of getting a job before you arrive are pretty slim.   The great majority of migrants arrive with no jobs to come to, unless they're on a temporary employment visa. 

What you could do is for one of you to come over alone, find a job and a place to live, and then bring everyone else over.  That would keep your costs a lot more manageable and reduce the risk.

If you all arrive as a family unit, then you'd  need money for 3-4 weeks in holiday accommodation while you look for a home, then when you find a rental you'll have to pay a month's rent plus a month's bond in advance. Then there's a car, insurance, furniture, whitegoods etc.    Take a look at AirBnb, check out rentals in the area you're looking at, look at car prices and add it all up.  Even if you can land a job before you arrive, employers are not generous with relocation expenses these days unless it's at a pretty senior level.  

Thanks Marisawright, yes we are seriously considering this, with my husband going as his currently working overseas, away from home.  Also his retraining as we speak,  as his not prepared to pay out all the costs to retrain in gas, as already completed in UK.  so that will reduce outgoings.  

7 hours ago, mariaandmike said:

Thanks Marisawright, yes we are seriously considering this, with my husband going as his currently working overseas, away from home.  Also his retraining as we speak,  as his not prepared to pay out all the costs to retrain in gas, as already completed in UK.  so that will reduce outgoings.  

I thought he was in a managerial role these days?