AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 22/03/2023 at 16:30, Reindeer3579 said:

Hi Everyone,

Who attended the Ku-ring-gai council ceremony today? Can you share the timeline when you got the approval? Thanks!

No responses here, anyone sent a DM ?

How long have you been waiting?

approval letter says that we will be informed 4 weeks before ceremony date. 
so I estimated approval date + 5 weeks at least. 

Additional guesstimate:

there are 561 approved candidates, waiting for ceremony as of 28 feb 2023.  

ceremony schedule for ku ring gai :

22 April (not expecting if approved on or after 29 feb). 
17 May, 28 June, 19 July, 23 August, 20 September, 25 October, 22 November  

if they do 150/month (don’t know if it’s 100 or 150) then won’t be getting anything till 28 June, so I am hoping for 19 July or 23 Aug. kuring gai is one of the slowest *cough* (laziest) council when it comes to ceremonies  

It will be easier to guess if someone can tell how many people are invited to each ceremony.

don’t know why they do just once per month. Should do twice every month if not weekly. 

16 hours ago, MSingh1 said:

No responses here, anyone sent a DM ?

How long have you been waiting?

approval letter says that we will be informed 4 weeks before ceremony date. 
so I estimated approval date + 5 weeks at least. 

Additional guesstimate:

there are 561 approved candidates, waiting for ceremony as of 28 feb 2023.  

ceremony schedule for ku ring gai :

22 April (not expecting if approved on or after 29 feb). 
17 May, 28 June, 19 July, 23 August, 20 September, 25 October, 22 November  

if they do 150/month (don’t know if it’s 100 or 150) then won’t be getting anything till 28 June, so I am hoping for 19 July or 23 Aug. kuring gai is one of the slowest *cough* (laziest) council when it comes to ceremonies  

It will be easier to guess if someone can tell how many people are invited to each ceremony.

don’t know why they do just once per month. Should do twice every month if not weekly. 

Thank you for your reply mate. My current council is acatually Ryde City which host even less ceremonies each year than Ku-ring-gai. That's why I was thinking whether it is worthwhile to change my address to my friend's place.Then I guess it's better to stick to my current council.

27 minutes ago, Paul0015 said:

Good day guys

how long department take to approve application after test and interview 

thanks

Same day or within a week if nothing (additional documents) is pending otherwise longer than that. 
they continue the assessment if the interviewing officer observed an anomaly ( e.g. original document wasn’t shown ) during interview. 

1 hour ago, Reindeer3579 said:

Thank you for your reply mate. My current council is acatually Ryde City which host even less ceremonies each year than Ku-ring-gai. That's why I was thinking whether it is worthwhile to change my address to my friend's place.Then I guess it's better to stick to my current council.

I think it’s better to continue in the same council because things might be in motion and changing tracks might cause delays. 

The backlog is very high. Waiting time is uselessly stressful. My PR and passport are expiring soon. 
it is going to restrict my travel and also can’t get jobs which require nv1/2/baseline clearance  

They should do 4 ceremonies same day with minimum 100 people each.  or book a school and do 400-500 people once every month. 

43 minutes ago, MSingh1 said:

I think it’s better to continue in the same council because things might be in motion and changing tracks might cause delays. 

The backlog is very high. Waiting time is uselessly stressful. My PR and passport are expiring soon. 
it is going to restrict my travel and also can’t get jobs which require nv1/2/baseline clearance  

They should do 4 ceremonies same day with minimum 100 people each.  or book a school and do 400-500 people once every month. 

You are right. I will keep waiting. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

Just thought I'd share my timeline below for anyone still in the process - I had my interview and test yesterday in Victoria, and all went well thankfully. Will post timeline below:

Eligibility.   22 Dec 2022

Applied.    22 Feb 2023

Test/ interview.  Email.       29 Apr 2023

Test.           13 Jun 2023 (passed)

Approved.      Waiting

Cerm.          Waiting

Council.        Mount Alexander

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All, 

Another major step for me, after 9 years, 8 visa applications (including 2 refused visas due to the businesses closing out an ABN without my knowledge) and a journey I don't think I could take on again....but worth it looking back!  

Timeline:

Eligibility.   
22 Dec 2022

Applied.    22 Feb 2023

Test/ interview.  Email.       29 Apr 2023

Test.           13 Jun 2023 (passed)

Approved.      29 June 2023

Cerm.          Waiting

Council.        Mount Alexander

Good luck to everyone still on the journey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I applied for my citizenship at Paramatta(NSW) on 30/06 and just got an invite today, I have rescheduled the appointment for this week. I’m planning to fly to South Australia for work later this week.

Wondering whether it would be possible to have the ceremony at a different council ? Would that slow down the process? That is sit the exam/interview in NSW and request to have ceremony elsewhere.

thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by Areyousure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Granted 189 PR Visa: 06/09/18

First entry on 189 Visa: 17/03/19

Applied for Citizenship: 21/03/23

Invitation to Test Email Received: 25/05/23

Test Date (re-booked): 31/05/23

Approved: 19/06/23

RR Visa Applied & Granted: 06/07/23

Invitation to Ceremony Email Received: 09/08/23

Ceremony Date (Yarra City): 17/09/23

Edited by LawyerAbroad

On 20/08/2023 at 16:18, LawyerAbroad said:

Granted 189 PR Visa: 06/09/18

First entry on 189 Visa: 17/03/19

Applied for Citizenship: 21/03/23

Invitation to Test Email Received: 25/05/23

Test Date (re-booked): 31/05/23

Approved: 19/06/23

RR Visa Applied & Granted: 06/07/23

Invitation to Ceremony Email Received: 09/08/23

Ceremony Date (Yarra City): 17/09/23

Thanks for the post. 

Did you receive ceremony invitation via email or a letter in mail ? 

On 17/07/2023 at 17:46, Areyousure said:

Hi guys,

I applied for my citizenship at Paramatta(NSW) on 30/06 and just got an invite today, I have rescheduled the appointment for this week. I’m planning to fly to South Australia for work later this week.

Wondering whether it would be possible to have the ceremony at a different council ? Would that slow down the process? That is sit the exam/interview in NSW and request to have ceremony elsewhere.

thanks in advance 🙂

Current knowledge: ceremony can only be hosted at residential council except certain 0emergencies”. 

Happy to share my timelines and the end of a long but relatively quick journey (comparatively) from arrival on a temporary visa to citizenship in 4 years and 10 months.

My advice for citizenship application is to get the papers in early (copy/paste from your PR application, if you have a recent one) and get on with your life - it'll come around before you know it.

Timeline:

• 482 visa:
    • Submitted: 01/07/2018
    • Approved: 06/07/2018
  • Arrived in Sydney: 4/11/2018
  • 186 Visa - Employee Sponsored DE - Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) - PMSOL - De Facto Partner
    • Skills Assessment submitted: 25/01/2021
    • Skills Assessment Approved: 12/03/21
    • Employer Nomination Submitted: 22/04/21
    • Visa application submitted: 17/05/21
    • Visa Granted: 17/06/21
  • Citizenship - Northern Beaches Council, Sydney
    • Applied: 17/11/2022
    • Appointment received: 03/02/2023
    • Interview: 21/03/2023
    • Ceremony Invite: 18/07/23
    • Ceremony: 28/08/23
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know the email address that interviewer hand over to you in Brisbane office after the test and say, if you have any travel plan in the next 6 months please email to this address. unfortunately, I forgot the address and miss placed the note. Also, even after 2 months my status did not change to approve from received so wanna check this with immi as well via email,

If anyone have, please provide me. much appreciated.

Thanks

On 25/09/2023 at 12:03, naviozz said:

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know the email address that interviewer hand over to you in Brisbane office after the test and say, if you have any travel plan in the next 6 months please email to this address. unfortunately, I forgot the address and miss placed the note. Also, even after 2 months my status did not change to approve from received so wanna check this with immi as well via email,

If anyone have, please provide me. much appreciated.

Thanks

I will dm you the email address

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Can anyone help me about one of the requirement National Id?
Can I use my NSW photo id as a national id or do I have to provide my country of origin one? Please help.. Thanks in Advance