Is it the right thing?

Tappers2oz

14 hours ago, Tappers2oz said:

I didn’t realise you’d never been back! We know so many who have gone over without visiting, the ones we personally know (not necessarily from the forum) have all stayed and have all told us they wouldn’t come back to live. Not even if they were paid. 😊

I've been back once for a week in 13 years and that was when my dad passed away - wouldn't look back either Tappers

• Like 2

Tappers as everyone says it will work out for some and not for others.

My family are all going into the move with our eyes wide open and we aren't expecting Australia to be some wonderful place were we have no issues.

I'll still have to get up for work 😪 and my two girls are still going to be little madams, but it's just something we need to try.

Theres nothing wrong with our lives in the UK but your only here once so why not try something new.

When we go it's either going to be the best thing we have ever done, or it wont be what we though but at least I wont be thinking in 20 years time that I wish we would have tried it.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lavers said:

When we go it's either going to be the best thing we have ever done, or it wont be what we though but at least I wont be thinking in 20 years time that I wish we would have tried it.

I think that's a fine attitude if you've got some money behind you, so you can afford to take the financial hit if it doesn't work out.      

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lavers said:

My family are all going into the move with our eyes wide open and we aren't expecting Australia to be some wonderful place were we have no issues.

I'll still have to get up for work 😪 and my two girls are still going to be little madams, but it's just something we need to try.

Theres nothing wrong with our lives in the UK but your only here once so why not try something new.

And get to grips with the large differences between every state/territory.  As I’ve said for years, Australia is a franchise, It’s not a country. 

5 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I think from reading the thread, your advice from two agents, the information you have collated over 10 years and the fact that you have already had experience of a huge move to the other side of a country you have your answer.  See you Down Under lol 😂 

I’m trying! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I think that's a fine attitude if you've got some money behind you, so you can afford to take the financial hit if it doesn't work out.      

But that’s not for you to judge what others do. Since posting this and being on a bit more again a lot of your posts seem to be quite negative, condescending and judgemental. Being an ‘old school’ forum member (and actually being a member longer then you) I have seen this behaviour from many people and it doesn’t stop me posting. 

If I was new to the forum and has posts practically demanding my financial history/status I think I’d have left to find another forum. The majority of people here are adults. Quite a few are starting out on the journey (not me) and are looking for advice. You don’t seem to give advice, you seem to question and judge. 

I’ve seen what you think of parents wanting to emigrate and I think that’s why I’m getting your questioning, judgement and vitriol. Because YOU think it’s not the right thing for MY family. I’m not sure how you would have any idea what’s best for my family but apparently you know what’s best for everyone given most of your replies to people. If you’re so unhappy in Australia/with Australia, change your own life. Thats the only theory I can come up with for why you post like this. 

Your quote from another thread about families. 

“If you're single or a couple with no ties, that's absolutely the best attitude.  However, once you're married with two or three kids, you can't afford to be so gung-ho. 

Do you realise that for a famliy, the visa application fees alone are about $9,000?  And they can easily spend twice that again for air fares, shipping, buying and selling homes, cars etc etc.   That might not matter if you're rich, but some families have to use their life savings to finance the move.  You don't throw away your life savings on an adventure, you make damn sure you've researched the pro's and con's of what you're planning to do. Or you do if you're a responsible parent.”

Edited by Tappers2oz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

I think that’s pretty much where I’m at, we love our life in Cornwall (just wish we had better paid jobs and a house of our own!) but the thought of not trying is what keeps me clinging on. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Tappers2oz said:

I think that’s pretty much where I’m at, we love our life in Cornwall (just wish we had better paid jobs and a house of our own!) but the thought of not trying is what keeps me clinging on. 

I think you need to keep trying to get a visa. Then if you get one you have a big decision to make at that point. If you don’t get a visa you have to accept that, accept you gave it your best shot but it wasn’t meant to be and then put it behind you and crack on with life. You have to be willing to risk some of the costs involved but a good agent wouldn’t let you proceed without knowing you have a decent chance.

This is the only way for you imho. No what if’s then really is there.

Good luck!

• Like 3