Form80 - MA to do it or us?

lewisant48

We have paid for a Migration Agent and they have been great. It's come to the Form 80 and final bits - they've asked us to complete the Form 80. We pay good money for their services and had to fill in a big questionnaire at the beginning so they had sufficient information about us - do you guys think they should be asking us to do this as their are some questions that it would be difficult for them to answer; like Step Parents etc.

I am using a MA and we completed our Form 80 forms and then sent them to her. It was very time consuming and I understand your frustration because we also completed a huge questionnaire for our MA at the very beginning of the process with mostly the same information as the Form 80. 

18 hours ago, JRC said:

I am using a MA and we completed our Form 80 forms and then sent them to her. It was very time consuming and I understand your frustration because we also completed a huge questionnaire for our MA at the very beginning of the process with mostly the same information as the Form 80. 

The MA gets you to do that initial work up front so they can assess your likelihood of being admissable and the best path to take the application. 

You have to fill in the Form 80 because with the best will in the world they won't know the answer to everything - hell I didn't know the answer to everything straight away when I filled it out myself so there is no way my agent would

Remember Form 80 is full of personal information, to which your agent may not be privy. Ad Immigration view it as YOUR responsibility to tell the truth about your background. So if you tell your agent to complete it, you should still check every detail as you are responsible for it. Therefore you may as well fill it in yourself to start with.

We had to fill out Form 80 as well. MA will find it difficult to fill out that form and the only way they can do it is to collect all the information they need for the form from you. Which means that you will be filling MA's version of the form which will anyways require all the information needed for Form80. Considering that it will be better for us to just fill out that form ourselves to avoid multiple back and forth between the MA and us.

Edited by path2aus