Restaurant in Melbourne!

ShawnDmi

I am checking now the threads on the forum about visa and stuff like that. A friend of mine moved to Australia a few years ago and she had no problems.  So I was thinking that I will be okay for me too. I have an appointment at the embassy next week and there are no reasons to be declined.

34 minutes ago, ShawnDmi said:

Howdy guys. I am from the UK and want to move to Melbourne. I have some savings and was thinking about opening a restaurant. Can you guys help me to find a good provider with equipment for the restaurant?  Any purpose will be welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Assume you have a visa?

11 minutes ago, ShawnDmi said:

I am checking now the threads on the forum about visa and stuff like that. A friend of mine moved to Australia a few years ago and she had no problems.  So I was thinking that I will be okay for me too. I have an appointment at the embassy next week and there are no reasons to be declined.

You don't get a visa by having "an appointment at the embassy" these days (or even at the High Commission.

Many of us have friends who got visas with no problems but they have totally different skills and qualifications.

What visa are you applying for when you go for this supposed appointment?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShawnDmi said:

It’s not that easy. Assume you’ve looked at visa requirements? Which one are you thinking of and why would you be going to the embassy?

3 hours ago, ShawnDmi said:

Gosh, if only it were that simple, every man and his dog would be doing it. Which visa are you applying for? What skill do you have and have you  checked is on the skills in demand list? I hope you're not going to the embassy because there isn't one in London - its the High Commission and who do you think you are seeing there who could give you a visa? Or are you an Australian by descent or something (in which case you would have an appointment with an officer to verify your documents). 

You could try this visa.  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/business-innovation-and-investment-188

It would cost you AUD 1.5 million as an investor or you could try for the Business Innovation Stream which involves: 

Scoring at least 65 on the points test 

Providing proof of your business success (annual turnover, ownership stake)

You, your partner, or you and your partner together, have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800,000 and the visa costs over $5,w000.

I don't know if this applies to opening a restaurant. I'll leave you to check up on that when you talk to someone at the embassy next week.  Good luck with that.  😉

Edited by Toots

18 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

go for it mate, I know a guy who went there with jut his chef knives and became a millionaire within 5 years

One of the "successful" chefs who are now in legal hot water for "accidentally" underpaying their staff millions?  🤔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Perthbum said:

go for it mate, I know a guy who went there with jut his chef knives and became a millionaire within 5 years

Stop encouraging people to do things which will lead them into doing things which will cost them money and get them nowhere and get them listed for none entry in the future.

You know they need a visa to get a job, unless you are encouraging them to work on the black, but as soon as immigration see the kmives they know that is his intention and will put him on the next plane back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Stop encouraging people to do things which will lead them into doing things which will cost them money and get them nowhere and get them listed for none entry in the future.

You know they need a visa to get a job, unless you are encouraging them to work on the black, but as soon as immigration see the kmives they know that is his intention and will put him on the next plane back

I suppose with all the terrorism in Oz you have a point.

On 12/10/2019 at 02:04, Toots said:

You could try this visa.  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/business-innovation-and-investment-188

It would cost you AUD 1.5 million as an investor or you could try for the Business Innovation Stream which involves: 

Scoring at least 65 on the points test 

Providing proof of your business success (annual turnover, ownership stake)

You, your partner, or you and your partner together, have total net business and personal assets of at least AUD800,000 and the visa costs over $5,w000.

I don't know if this applies to opening a restaurant. I'll leave you to check up on that when you talk to someone at the embassy next week.  Good luck with that.  😉

Thank you for share, I will read and ask my company about this option definitely.

Guys thank you for your help, I will keep you in touch with everything.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2019 at 15:21, ShawnDmi said:

I got it wrong, I didn't apply for the visa yet. It was a meeting with a company that will help me to apply for a visa. I got it wrong, sorry my mistake.

What visa are they going to help you apply  for?  You started your post almost as if you’d been told it was easy, I hope you weren’t led to believe that by this company. People on here were honest with you as millions want to move to Australia, a great many never can. I wish you well 

• Like 2