Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 12/01/2021 at 16:02, Yorkie said:

I booked at a private clinic some time ago before this new rule came in. Just did a search on google for reputable company.

Hi Yorkie.  Not long before you go now - I hope everything has gone smoothly for you. It's very hard not being able to say proper goodbyes to friends and loved ones because of the lockdown but at least It looks like you'll just get away before you have to ask permission!  Can I ask how far in advance you completed your 'Australia Travel Declaration' please?  It says at least 72 hours before you fly but I think I read somewhere to complete it once the flight was booked. Our flight is around 12 weeks away but I don't know whether to just complete the declaration now or wait till nearer the time.  I know it can't be amended afterwards so presumably if the flight gets amended we would need to complete a new one?  Wishing you a safe flight and all the best in your new life

50 minutes ago, Deniseli0612 said:

any update news today? pls share!

Hi @Deniseli0612
No news as of yet. I will send a message in the forum as soon as I hear something. 
If I dont hear anything this week I need to apply 600 visa for mom. Just preparing my Dad's visa extension DOCS for NZ at the moment because they gave him a deadline of 5th Feb or they will give him only 2 months extension to prepare to leave NZ. 
Also it will be good if you can put your timeline signature.  

7 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi @Deniseli0612
No news as of yet. I will send a message in the forum as soon as I hear something. 
If I dont hear anything this week I need to apply 600 visa for mom. Just preparing my Dad's visa extension DOCS for NZ at the moment because they gave him a deadline of 5th Feb or they will give him only 2 months extension to prepare to leave NZ. 
Also it will be good if you can put your timeline signature.  

Done and hopefully you will hear some good news soon.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 19:50, BargeUK said:

Hi Yorkie.  Not long before you go now - I hope everything has gone smoothly for you. It's very hard not being able to say proper goodbyes to friends and loved ones because of the lockdown but at least It looks like you'll just get away before you have to ask permission!  Can I ask how far in advance you completed your 'Australia Travel Declaration' please?  It says at least 72 hours before you fly but I think I read somewhere to complete it once the flight was booked. Our flight is around 12 weeks away but I don't know whether to just complete the declaration now or wait till nearer the time.  I know it can't be amended afterwards so presumably if the flight gets amended we would need to complete a new one?  Wishing you a safe flight and all the best in your new life

Hi, it said a maximum of 7 days before departure. It was granted almost imediately.

Yes, it is so difficult trying to do everything and saying goodbyes by phone or video chat.

Last major thing to complete tomorrow Covid PCR test!

Goodluck with your move also, and all the best.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, lodged Nov 2016. May someone kindly help as to when we may hear from case officer? Sending email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au is not helpful as there is no auto reply. For many months it is stuck at sept 2016. It seems those lodged in May 2016 are the ones that got finalised and after those dates nothing. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, PiK said:

Hi all, lodged Nov 2016. May someone kindly help as to when we may hear from case officer? Sending email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au is not helpful as there is no auto reply. For many months it is stuck at sept 2016. It seems those lodged in May 2016 are the ones that got finalised and after those dates nothing. Thanks in advance. 

I wasn’t aware it had got to Sept 2016? How do you know that please. 

On 01/02/2021 at 05:50, BargeUK said:

When do you fly? You can't be too far from my mums flight (May 5th!) Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

On 28/01/2021 at 05:59, BargeUK said:

Let's just hope that emigration is included in the list of essential reasons to leave the country!  It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be though.  I just hope we can remember all the things we now need to do before we fly - negative PCR test, Australian Travel Declaration, UK Travel Declaration, travel insurance - although I haven't figured that one out yet.  Not sure whether it needs to cover the period in quarantine or just the flight. Any ideas?

Yep, lots of things to tick off - travel insurance - hadn't even thought, urgh! I'm not thinking about it all until 4 weeks prior, then can book the PCR test (booking @ Boots can only book 28 days before you want to book) then will look at all the declarations. 

4 hours ago, PiK said:

How do u know about September?! I applied at NOV 2016 🤔

8 hours ago, NatS259 said:

When do you fly? You can't be too far from my mums flight (May 5th!) Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

8 hours ago, NatS259 said:

Yep, lots of things to tick off - travel insurance - hadn't even thought, urgh! I'm not thinking about it all until 4 weeks prior, then can book the PCR test (booking @ Boots can only book 28 days before you want to book) then will look at all the declarations. 

End of April but we're supposed to be out of our house by mid March so we need to sort something out for those 6 weeks.  I don't think we can use Boots for the PCR test because I think they post the test off and ours will have to be on a Saturday morning for a Tuesday morning flight so we probably won't get the results in time.  I might have got that wrong though - I need to make further enquiries.  Stressful times indeed!  Good luck with everything...

11 hours ago, Arashtinbenmik said:

How do u know about September?! I applied at NOV 2016 🤔

Sorry my apologies, it says as at Sept 2020, May 16 applications are being processed. So still stuck at may 16. We are Nov 16 as well, hopefully if your progresses please keep me and others informed

15 hours ago, PiK said:

Hi @PiK
We applied in end of April'16 and Acknowledgement May'16 and still waiting for Second VAC. 
I have sent several emails to the PVC team and have not seen any response. They even asked for poilice clearence certs twice (cant explain why..)

We are hoping for some movement very soon. As there has been changes to people with offshore applications that now will be able to get visa without leaving OZ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi @PiK
We applied in end of April'16 and Acknowledgement May'16 and still waiting for Second VAC. 
I have sent several emails to the PVC team and have not seen any response. They even asked for poilice clearence certs twice (cant explain why..)

We are hoping for some movement very soon. As there has been changes to people with offshore applications that now will be able to get visa without leaving OZ.

Did you pay for AoS yet or only application submitted. If you did - its very unfair that they would take AoS money and leave you in limbo. By the looks of it they opened applications up until May 16 and even those many seem to have been put on hold. If it werent for covid then we were hoping by now we would have been very close to approval but anyway work with what we have got. On the flip side hopefully when they start considering the visa we won't be very far off....can't imagine the stress for those that have applied in the last year or 2 or wish to apply now.

1 hour ago, PiK said:

Did you pay for AoS yet or only application submitted. If you did - its very unfair that they would take AoS money and leave you in limbo. By the looks of it they opened applications up until May 16 and even those many seem to have been put on hold. If it werent for covid then we were hoping by now we would have been very close to approval but anyway work with what we have got. On the flip side hopefully when they start considering the visa we won't be very far off....can't imagine the stress for those that have applied in the last year or 2 or wish to apply now.

@PiK yes ofcourse I have paid AOS and the application is approved. Its in my timeline signature. I dont know whats the hold up, but we really need that secind VAC, we are in a very tight spot with visas. 
If you could please also update your signature. 
Last year or 2 is a very recent application in my opinion and in these uncertain times very hard to say when the turn will come. 

Got an email this afternoon from PVC team. They are asking for my Dad to do medicals again with the same HAP ID.

He got them done in NZ on 17 March 2020 so they should still be valid because of 1 year validity. Or am I wrong?

He was made to sign a health declaration as well back in May. 

18 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Got an email this afternoon from PVC team. They are asking for my Dad to do medicals again with the same HAP ID.

He got them done in NZ on 17 March 2020 so they should still be valid because of 1 year validity. Or am I wrong?

He was made to sign a health declaration as well back in May. 

Strange?! What date does yr Mums expire?

if he has certain health conditions maybe that’s is why?  At least they are looking at yr file 🥴

Mom’s expires on 13 March 2020. Hers is even before Dad’s.

I have asked why should we get medicals done again since it clearly says we have 1 year validity.

sent them the e medical sheet we got from the clinic in NZ.

Yeah if he has health condition hence the Health form which he singed as per their request.

51 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Mom’s expires on 13 March 2020. Hers is even before Dad’s.

I have asked why should we get medicals done again since it clearly says we have 1 year validity.

sent them the e medical sheet we got from the clinic in NZ.

Yeah if he has health condition hence the Health form which he singed as per their request.

Sounds like your dad signed a health waiver. I think this means  he has to see doctors again on of before entry to Australia to check on the condition. Given the strange times with the pandemic they are probably just checking up now on the condition to see if its changed before grant.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/health-waiver

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Sounds like your dad signed a health waiver. I think this means  he has to see doctors again on of before entry to Australia to check on the condition. Given the strange times with the pandemic they are probably just checking up now on the condition to see if its changed before grant.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/health-waiver

I am not sure about it. But an explanation of why they want another health Examination before it expires will be useful. Anyway I have sent them an email saying that Health examination is < 12 months old and Dad signed the 815 form as they asked. I am going to contact the clinic in NZ to make sure they submitted everything for my Dad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

I am not sure about it. But an explanation of why they want another health Examination before it expires will be useful. Anyway I have sent them an email saying that Health examination is < 12 months old and Dad signed the 815 form as they asked. I am going to contact the clinic in NZ to make sure they submitted everything for my Dad.

Hi @MELBNGSM,  Have  you received any letter from Immigration department? I have received one email today but i  think its standard email they sent to  everyone  for the  applicants are onshore. its regarding the  temporary concession for  certain parents Visa applicants.