Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 27/01/2021 at 18:38, Lady Jane said:

That’s good to know, hard to sit on the plane all of that time though! But it will be worth it 

Only 1.5 hour transit time, so not too bad in the grand scheme of things, at least she’ll have a row to herself 😉 got to look on the bright side!!

• Like 2

On 05/01/2021 at 21:35, Hannah P said:

2nd VAC requested yesterday. Paid 2nd VAC today morning and my parents visa granted in the afternoon (my parents are oversea at the moment). Quicker than I expected 😆

Hi Hannah, could you please share when you paid the AOS? We paid it last May and still waiting to hear back about 2nd VAC. Thank you! 

On 05/01/2021 at 13:59, SilMurtagh said:

Hi all just giving an update that we received 2nd VAC request FINALLY yesterday. Words can't express the feeling of relief and happiness. 

As soon as Visa is granted I'll do another update. The next chapter to start now, thinking about the move during this pandemic, with flights from Brazil all going via US right now with a minimum 55hr journey. Hopefully vaccine will be available soon and things get bit better this year. Thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum. It has been an amazing support.

Hi, could you please share when you paid the AOS? We paid it last May and still waiting to hear back about 2nd VAC. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, CarolinaV said:

Hi Hannah, could you please share when you paid the AOS? We paid it last May and still waiting to hear back about 2nd VAC. Thank you! 

What date did you apply for your visa? There was a surge of visas granted towards the end of last year and I think they would have been in a similar timeline to yours. If so, it’s possible that something has been overlooked. I know there have been situations in the past when Centrelink approves the AoS, but fails to tell immi. Have you emailed a copy of the AoS confirmation to your case officer?

7 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

What date did you apply for your visa? There was a surge of visas granted towards the end of last year and I think they would have been in a similar timeline to yours. If so, it’s possible that something has been overlooked. I know there have been situations in the past when Centrelink approves the AoS, but fails to tell immi. Have you emailed a copy of the AoS confirmation to your case officer?

Would you please let me know when you applied fo 173?

4 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Can people who applied in May please raise their hands? 
 Don’t know what’s the wait now as everything seems to be in order for a second VAC request. 

Yeah my parents applied 09/05/2016 and still waiting for 2nd VAC payment. Not sure if they allocate quota has been used all for 20-21 financial year:( 

7 minutes ago, Deniseli0612 said:

Yeah my parents applied 09/05/2016 and still waiting for 2nd VAC payment. Not sure if they allocate quota has been used all for 20-21 financial year:( 

It better not be used up. 
Both my parents need a visa renewal in Feb, Health Examinations, Police Cheks ...$$$

8 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

It better not be used up. 
Both my parents need a visa renewal in Feb, Health Examinations, Police Cheks ...$$$

I understand you frustration and same here. My parents need to renew their 600 visa next month and I think health check and police check will expire soon too. 

1 minute ago, Deniseli0612 said:

I understand you frustration and same here. My parents need to renew their 600 visa next month and I think health check and police check will expire soon too. 

I have sent an email to PCV Team1 asking for an update. 
I have not heard from them since May 2020. 

1 minute ago, MELBNGSM said:

I have sent an email to PCV Team1 asking for an update. 
I have not heard from them since May 2020. 

I just think that they may hold off for a bit for onshore applicants until the exception for the parents to stay onshore is formally released this quarter. This will prevent them from doing a double job of sending our two different letters. I may be wrong but just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@Deniseli0612 @MELBNGSM

This was on bottom of recent email from pvc. Not sure if this really does mean 25% left until June as they don’t stick to what they say! 
They are currently extending police check by 3 mths and medical by 6 mths. 099AA58C-86FF-442F-81B0-A068FA10C656.thumb.jpeg.332cb44286bda60b01ba4611f645dd99.jpeg

I got an automated response back from PVC Team few mins back but no mention of this in the email. 
When did you get this email? I really hope the quota isnt finished for this financial year. 

1 minute ago, cfernandes said:

I just think that they may hold off for a bit for onshore applicants until the exception for the parents to stay onshore is formally released this quarter. This will prevent them from doing a double job of sending our two different letters. I may be wrong but just my thoughts. 

Althogh it is a good news. It cant come fast enough still.
I hope this gets an all clear in a week or two! 

Just now, MELBNGSM said:

I got an automated response back from PVC Team few mins back but no mention of this in the email. 
When did you get this email? I really hope the quota isnt finished for this financial year. 

Last week to say we can stay onshore until safe to travel and extending checks etc 

although now we are getting grant onshore Hallelujah!

also the 600 processing time is 7mths so for once the longer the better waiting for that gives you more time onshore. They will give a bridging visa meantime.  

4 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

I agree!

3 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Last week to say we can stay onshore until safe to travel and extending checks etc 

although now we are getting grant onshore Hallelujah!

also the 600 processing time is 7mths so for once the longer the better waiting for that gives you more time onshore. They will give a bridging visa meantime.  

Okay so that is the letter to the people who already got 2nd VAC. 
For now we are still in the dark about if the second VAC will come through soon or not or when. 
As it stands, most likely it will be a secind VAC request for us "hopefully soon" and as soon as we pay and in line with the NEW news they should grant the visa straight after the payment. 

Edited by MELBNGSM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MELBNGSM said:

Althogh it is a good news. It cant come fast enough still.
I hope this gets an all clear in a week or two! 

I am hoping for the same. They should start rolling them out in the next couple of weeks. I am sure they have thier formats etc ready. The first to hear will be applicants who have already paid the second VAC and are onshore. I guess that backlog should and will be cleared out before touching the other applications. Just my guess and common sense if they apply it. 

1 minute ago, cfernandes said:

I am hoping for the same. They should start rolling them out in the next couple of weeks. I am sure they have thier formats etc ready. The first to hear will be applicants who have already paid the second VAC and are onshore. I guess that backlog should and will be cleared out before touching the other applications. Just my guess and common sense if they apply it. 

Common Sense and Immigration must be running parallel. They meet but at infinity. 

Edited by MELBNGSM
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@Kathss56 could you kindly let us know when you have more information at hand please.
I have to start preparing my Mom's 600 as her 600 expires end of Feb, Dad is in NZ (cant come back here without PR) and he might only get a 2 months extension there because he has been there more than 9 months in 1 year (still applying old immigration policy there and saying future application may not approved). 

• Sad 1