Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

2 hours ago, sub7er said:

i am aΒ Jan 2016 applicant and i haven't received the 2nd VAC email either.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Samvaz99 said:

I am same , 28 January 2016 , still waiting for 2nd VAC

i guess the short answer isΒ  applications submitted before may 2016 are in the final stage of process, but it's really hard to tell if they follow strict date order.Β  Hopefully you'll all have some good news very soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aaron88 said:

Β 

i guess the short answer isΒ  applications submitted before may 2016 are in the final stage of process, but it's really hard to tell if they follow strict date order.Β  Hopefully you'll all have some good news very soon.

Yes mate.. waiting patiently for our Β turn

I must say I am very impressed with AOS my daughter submitted the application yesterday and received the phone interview today. They sent her aΒ sms to say they would be calling her today from an unknown number. Didn't ask any questions just told her what being an assurer was.

I remember a year ago people were waiting 18 weeks forΒ that phone call.Β 

• Like 4

Hey all, I'm new here and am trying to get the process started for my parents (looking at subclass 143). Is Immi Account the right place to get the application started? I did it 4 years ago with my Skilled Visa 189. However, when trying to start a new application, I can't find Subclass 143 under Family Visa category. Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I looking at the wrong place. I've attached a screen shot of the list of family visa available to me

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.37.53 pm.png

3 minutes ago, Xavier Ang said:

Hey all, I'm new here and am trying to get the process started for my parents (looking at subclass 143). Is Immi Account the right place to get the application started? I did it 4 years ago with my Skilled Visa 189. However, when trying to start a new application, I can't find Subclass 143 under Family Visa category. Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I looking at the wrong place. I've attached a screen shot of the list of family visa available to me

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 10.37.53 pm.png

Contributory parentΒ visa 143 is paper based not online. You can find out what steps to takeΒ Β by looking at the relevant visa on home affairs website.Β 
Β 

You should also be aware that applications made now are likely to take inΒ Excess of 8-9 yearsΒ to be processed and granted.Β 

There is a very long queue of parents who have already applied and only 6000 a year are granted. The Covid-19 pandemic has also added to the waiting time.Β 

• Like 1

@KittyMBΒ  @Kathss56Β  @MELBNGSMΒ 

HI all,

I have paid my 2nd VAC today and have received a reply from my case officer.

As we are onshore ( on a 3 year 870) I asked whether my 143 could be granted.

As I guessed I’ve been told that’s not possible and that my grant would be put on hold until we are able to travel. I have been asked to supply a travel itinerary when that’s possible. The reply said that we may need to have a new medical and police check.Β 
So it’s sit tight and enjoy this great country with our family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 1

Still don’t understand how people who have applied in early jan 16 have not received 2nd vac while people from feb 16 are getting it. I have emailed the pvc team few time’s and it’s been over a month but had no response . I am surprised @BigtrevthatΒ the case officer replied to your email.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

@Bigtrev

many thanks for this. I have now realised there are many Jan/Feb applicantsΒ still not got 2nd vac request, so it could be a while still.

exciting for you thoughΒ .... it’s now off your mind technically!Β 
Β 

You are right Kathss, it’s very confusing as I’m waiting for 2nd VAC request and applied on 28 January... and have not heard any movement from last 10days for any further request after NITZ..

Just now, gagan1991 said:

Hi @cfernandesΒ  can I please ask what sort of confirmation you received for acceptance of AOS?

Β 

As, I have done all the work for assurance of support but didn't receive any confirmation. Thanks

@gagan1991Β If you have a mygov account there will be a letter sent in there confirming that the AOS has been accepted. But if you normally receive correspondence in snail mail then you should receive a hard copy.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cfernandes said:

Received confirmation of the AOS acceptance. Joining all the rest of the folks in the waiting room for the second VAC payment request.

GOD speed to all of us ! Hopefully theΒ  COVID-19 vaccine is found soon !Β 

Our timelines are very similar. Hopefully there is light at the other end of the tunnel. Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting for this visa to be granted.Β 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sub7er said:

@nitzmate any update, did you get through with the visa yet?

Nah mate ,not yet just paid the second installment yesterday ,i will let you guys know if they grant the visa soon.
Hopefully everyone will get through with the last stage soon