AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 07/06/2020 at 18:25, Canada2Australia said:

With restrictions now being gradually eased across the country, can anyone confirm if the immigration offices are now resuming oral and written citizenship testing? I'm due to submit my application next month 

Wondering the same. Hopefully they do, as now most places are able to have gatherings of 20 people.

Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone, 

Not too sure if there are any New Zealander applying the Australian citizenship? 

The  requirement for residence time on the website asking for a centerlink statement to say when you start to live in Au.

But when I went to centrelink asking for this statement and they said this is no more necessary and didn't issue me one. 

But online application still have one section of document required. 

Is there anyone similar situation and can help me with some clue?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 9.32.46 pm.png

16 minutes ago, Jennyc said:

Hi everyone, 

Not too sure if there are any New Zealander applying the Australian citizenship? 

The  requirement for residence time on the website asking for a centerlink statement to say when you start to live in Au.

But when I went to centrelink asking for this statement and they said this is no more necessary and didn't issue me one. 

But online application still have one section of document required. 

Is there anyone similar situation and can help me with some clue?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 9.32.46 pm.png

Why don’t you submit your arrival stamp on passport the day you first arrived Australia?

Edited by KazBaker

9 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Why don’t you submit your arrival stamp on passport the day you first arrived Australia?

Passports are not always stamped now - especially if you use Smartgate. I haven't hd my passport stamped for years

However I believe it is possible o apply yo the Immi Dept for a "record of movements" which will list all comings and goings. 

On 21/05/2020 at 20:27, garrychandi said:

Hi Everyone,
I submitted my citizenship application today. When I click on messages it shows the following

The applicant has not agreed to receive electronic correspondence for this application.
Note: Electronic correspondence for this application is sent only if the applicant agreed to communicate via email in the application

I read that need to attach form 1193, but not sure which section shall i upload this form. Thanks for your input

Hi,

Unsure if you got a response - attach the form under Form 1195 Identity declaration 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling in my citizenship application but am finding the Identity section a little confusing. After entering details of the Identity document in the form, when I go to the attachments section, the document type is mentioned by default and I am unable to attach a different document to this section from that mentioned as default (for eg: I mentioned Driving licence as a identity document in the form, this appears as a default document type at attachments and thus I cannot attach another document to further support my identity). Is it the same for everyone else? Pls advise. Thanks

On 11/06/2020 at 22:03, KazBaker said:

Hi Kazbaker, 

Since New Zealand passport can come to Australia without visa, they will be issue 444 visa as soon as arriving. 

There is no stamp on the passport when I came in.  I even pull out of the movement recorder. 

But not too sure if I need this certificate from centrelink still.

Regards

6 hours ago, Manga said:

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know , when they going to start tests and interviews again?

I don't think anyone knows right now, but you, me and lots of other people are wondering the same thing! Mind you I'm under Chairman Andrews control down here in Vic so it's likely to be after Christmas!

On 09/06/2020 at 14:46, Nemesis said:

The virus will probably always be out there. Are you proposing people never meet with other people again?

of course, I didn't propose anything! But if there is a more safe option like the Online ceremony why we risk our lives in a big congregation.

On 04/06/2020 at 21:52, rossco2810 said:

Hi

We are beginning the Citizenship application & have reached the request for travel section where we are asked to detail everywhere that we have lived since the age of 18. As we are originally from the UK we travelled in Europe a lot - do we need to detail all of these holidays?!? Also where you detail travel to other countries, do you have to enter that between each holiday you were living in the UK? Losing the will to live trying to remember/search for details of all our holidays

Ross

The paper version of the form only requests your travel details in the last 10 years. That’s what most of us hv done. But yes, every overseas trip in the last 10 years. Used old passports, emails of e-tickets, frequent flyer activity details etc. It is said that you need to be as accurate as you can but some errors are acceptable(not sure 

15 minutes ago, Ovi said:

Hi I am new here and eligible for citizenship next month.

can anyone suggest me the documents I need to submit for my citizenship please.

i got my pr from 457.

thanks in advance🙂

Once you start application, you need to continue filling the form up. The application portal will guide you and tell you what documents you need to submit. You don’t have to guess anything or asking others advice on it. The immigration department will ask the relevant documents according to your circumstances. In general it is pretty simple and based on id check and security check.

good luck !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me where i can find out these emails address on home affairs site virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.com.au

virtual.ceremony.qld@homeaffairs.com.au 

when i called today to home affairs, the officer totally ignored that these emails address are for public and publicly found in home affairs site. Even he forced me that without any home department source u(me) can not get this emails so he little pressurised me by asking where i get those emails. I said from home affairs site and fb page comments section of home affairs. He totally been ignored that there is no information about emails like that any where even he refused to me to asked questions related to sent in those emails. Strange 🤔

Hi all,

It's been 4 months since my approval, and I  need to apply Canberra based jobs where pre-requsite is to have Australian Citizen.

So could anyone suggest how long should I wait before appealing virtual ceremony request? Also has anyone made an appeal on such grounds?  

Awaiting for your comments.

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

On 19/06/2020 at 13:50, Cubiscus said:

All done for us too.  Email received on Monday asking if we were interested in a virtual ceremony, booked in for Thursday (Brisbane City Council) and over and done with in 5 minutes.

Now just need to wait for the certificate.

Our certificates arrived this morning, so pretty quick from last thursdays ceremony.

• Congratulations 1

On 15/06/2020 at 16:04, elderberry said:

I don't think anyone knows right now, but you, me and lots of other people are wondering the same thing! Mind you I'm under Chairman Andrews control down here in Vic so it's likely to be after Christmas!

I hope they will restart soon, got cancelled 4 days before my test date back in March.

Anyone here from NT?