AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hello All -

I just opened my immi account and created my citizenship application along with details of my kids. Still need to upload the documents. Can you please give me some guidance on how I can include my husband in the application? We are all eligible to apply now but the application only asked for only the children's' details. We would all like to apply together but I do not see any instructions or guidance on how to do that. Does my husband need a create a new application under my immi account and in that case how do we link his application to mine?

Really appreciate some guidance from folks here who have already gone through this process. It sounds simple but seems I am stuck and cannot figure out what to do. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Lin

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lin2020 said:

Hello All -

I just opened my immi account and created my citizenship application along with details of my kids. Still need to upload the documents. Can you please give me some guidance on how I can include my husband in the application? We are all eligible to apply now but the application only asked for only the children's' details. We would all like to apply together but I do not see any instructions or guidance on how to do that. Does my husband need a create a new application under my immi account and in that case how do we link his application to mine?

Really appreciate some guidance from folks here who have already gone through this process. It sounds simple but seems I am stuck and cannot figure out what to do. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Lin

Hi Lin,

Any individual over 16 years old need to apply separately. Below 16 years can apply with any parents. Your husband can apply a new application through same immi account. In some stage of your application it will ask your husband TRN and your TRN with his application so that it merges together prior to sit for citizenship test and interview and citizenship ceremony together with whole family. 

-your apply with kids

-husband apply alone

Hope it helps

• Like 3

Hi, 

I am a silent follower of the forum. I got many useful and upto date information, I appreciate for those who posted. Here is my timeline;

Citizenship application by conferral; end of October 2019

Test and interview; end of January 2020, Approved on the same day

Invitation for online ceramony; end of June 2020

Online ceramony date; beginning of July 2020, in the following week received certificate

Applied from Perth, WA Council; Cambridge

Good luck to everyone. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HaB said:

Hi, 

I am a silent follower of the forum. I got many useful and upto date information, I appreciate for those who posted. Here is my timeline;

Online ceramony date; beginning of July 2020, in the following week received certificate

Good luck to everyone. 

Hey All, 

I have a similar timeline (see my signature), but still haven't heard back since my citizenship ceremony on Jan 21st. 

The status of my application is still "Received", and I am starting to wonder why the processing of my application is taking so long, since I am a single applicant with a very transparent life history?! 

I acknowledge how lucky I was to have been able to push my Interview and test from April 4th forward to January 21st and not get held off by the Covid interruption but I would still like to see some progress with my application. 

I hope everyone in this topic gets the pleasant news they are expecting very soon!

Cheers

• Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 19:46, HaB said:

Hi, 

Good luck to everyone. 

3 months from application to approval? wow

Hi guys

We are now finally Australian citizens!! 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
 Had our ceremony online on the 6th July which only lasted 5 minutes. Received our certificates within a week. 
So happy to be at the end of the whole migrant process and now able to call myself officially Australian! Very proud!

All the best to everyone still waiting. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

On 12/07/2020 at 13:06, Georgiegie said:

Hey All, 

I have a similar timeline (see my signature), but still haven't heard back since my citizenship ceremony on Jan 21st. 

The status of my application is still "Received", and I am starting to wonder why the processing of my application is taking so long, since I am a single applicant with a very transparent life history?! 

I acknowledge how lucky I was to have been able to push my Interview and test from April 4th forward to January 21st and not get held off by the Covid interruption but I would still like to see some progress with my application. 

I hope everyone in this topic gets the pleasant news they are expecting very soon!

Cheers

I’m sure yours will be coming soon!

We had our (online) ceremony already on the 6th of July! 

Our timelines are very similar - take a look. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I applied January 28 2020. Single male, 29, in Tasmania, doctor, reasonably transparent life history except some time living in Italy. I thought I would have heard something by now. Anyone have any ideas? 

I'm starting to second guess myself and on my immi account it says 

You must scan and attach all of the applicant's original documents to this application, including:

• Evidence of identity for any children included in this application
  • Evidence to support the applicant's claims

And I'm starting to wonder if that was always there or if it only came up? In any case I have no messages.

9 hours ago, helppls said:

Hi all,

I applied January 28 2020. Single male, 29, in Tasmania, doctor, reasonably transparent life history except some time living in Italy. I thought I would have heard something by now. Anyone have any ideas? 

I'm starting to second guess myself and on my immi account it says 

You must scan and attach all of the applicant's original documents to this application, including:

• Evidence of identity for any children included in this application
  • Evidence to support the applicant's claims

And I'm starting to wonder if that was always there or if it only came up? In any case I have no messages.

It would be very unusual to hear something in less than six months, particularly now that application processing has slowed down with COVID-19.  There was a poster upthread (from WA I think) who heard back very quickly, but I fear that's an anomaly, rather than norm. Sometimes it's hard to see the logic or rhyme/reason behind the process!

8 hours ago, vickyplum said:

It would be very unusual to hear something in less than six months, particularly now that application processing has slowed down with COVID-19.  There was a poster upthread (from WA I think) who heard back very quickly, but I fear that's an anomaly, rather than norm. Sometimes it's hard to see the logic or rhyme/reason behind the process!

Thanks for the response. I guess I had high expectations as my friend in the same situation got a response in about 3 months. No rhyme or reason as you say!

On 17/07/2020 at 22:24, elderberry said:

You have already had 2 moderators remove your posts IndianinOz and ask you not to spam this site, yet, you continue to do this.

I have reported you and hope this is swiftly removed

Thank you for reporting, I don't think it is, beneficial keep spamming the site, begging people to sign a petition, as frustrating as it is there i a massive pandemic, and some members ignore the facts DOHA staff are at risk also. it says up to 27 months for 90% so chill. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just wanted to share that i did my ceremony online on Friday last week (i.e. 17th July) and the wait is finally over and i'm now an Australian citizen. 

I lodged my application in August 2019 and gave my exam in Feb 2020. 

I'm from Kingston city council in Victoria.

Thanks for all the help. I have been a silent reader of this forum and has helped me immensely. 

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Cheers

Hi. I received an email to register an interest (EOI) for online ceremony on July 15. I replied and confirm yes on the same day. To those who got this EOI email, approximately how many days before you receive the virtual ceremony invitation? Thank you.

Hi Ziri1002,

I'm in same bucket, I got mail asking if I'm intrested for Virtual Ceremony on 14th July, replied yes on same day but still haven't heard anything. I belive atleast it will take a weeks time for them to respond. Infact as per their auto mail reply it may take up to three weeks due to Covid19 rush. 

Cheers!!!

Ravi

Today was the day - now proudly Australian. Nice little ceremony. 

Arrived 06.09.2015 (457) from UK

PR (186DE) approved 02.02.2018

Applied Citizenship  06.09.2019

Invitation                    04.03.2020

Test Date                   08.03.2020 (rescheduled from May)

Approval                    08.03.2020

VC Invitation              06.07.2020

Virtual Ceremony      21.07.2020

Yeah Nah, Very Happy 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Boznich said:

Today was the day - now proudly Australian. Nice little ceremony. 

Arrived 06.09.2015 (457) from UK

PR (186DE) approved 02.02.2018

Applied Citizenship  06.09.2019

Invitation                    04.03.2020

Test Date                   08.03.2020 (rescheduled from May)

Approval                    08.03.2020

VC Invitation              06.07.2020

Virtual Ceremony      21.07.2020

Yeah Nah, Very Happy 🙂 

Yah nah you have been very smart at every single move. You have used your time smartly. Well done mate. Congratulations 

Hello everyone. Been a silent follower of this thread. Just sharing with you all our final timeline:

* Eligible to Apply for Citizenship – 22 Nov 2019

* City/Council area – Canberra, ACT

1.       Date applied (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

2.       Acknowledgement received (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

3.       Invitation to attend Citizenship Interview/Test – 20 Jan 2020 (for 23 Mar 2020)

4.       Citizenship Interview/Test – 30 Jan 2020 (rescheduled date)

5.       Approval Date (Online) – 03 Mar 2020

6.       Invitation to attend Ceremony – 24 Jun 2020

7.       Ceremony – 20 July 2020 (Actual Ceremony)

Thanks everyone for all the insights and inputs.

Hey Guys, Looking for your some advise here. I am living in Sydney at the moment. I have applied for my Citizenship in May and considering current circumstances it doesn't look like I will hear back anytime soon. So I have decided to Continue with my Masters degree in Data Science at Uni of Western Australia. For this semester I can study online , but for next semester in February 2021 I have to move up there. I am considering making a move sometime in December. So I am wondering how does it effect my Citizenship application.Think I have to provide new address proof for sure but  DO I have to provide another photo signed by someone from Perth ?  And how would I go about changing the test centre etc. Thanks for your time

On 11/07/2020 at 17:03, KazBaker said:

Hi Lin,

Any individual over 16 years old need to apply separately. Below 16 years can apply with any parents. Your husband can apply a new application through same immi account. In some stage of your application it will ask your husband TRN and your TRN with his application so that it merges together prior to sit for citizenship test and interview and citizenship ceremony together with whole family. 

-your apply with kids

-husband apply alone

Hope it helps

Thank you so much

Edited by Lin2020
typo fixed

Hi Lin,

-your apply with kids

-husband apply alone

Hope it helps

Thank you so much

Hi Lin,

-your apply with kids

-husband apply alone

Hope it helps

Thank you so much

Hello All,

I am applying for my citizenship. My kids are part of my application while my husband has applied separately under the same immiaccount. I have provided my TRN to my husband's application and vice versa so that the applications are linked.  While uploading documents to my application, the document section of my application is asking for evidence of custody, evidence of adoption and evidence of international surrogacy for the kids. Given that they are not adopted and husband is applying at the same time, what do I need to do for these documents?

Thank you for your help.

Lin