AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, markix said:

hi, for the photograph online citizenship application can it be done with mobile phone? or does it have to be official at auspost or similar? thanks

For the Identity declaration you will need a passport size photo. Scan it and use it to upload on the section asking for it.

We used our kindy teacher to vouch and sign the form 1195

4 hours ago, markix said:

hi, for the photograph online citizenship application can it be done with mobile phone? or does it have to be official at auspost or similar? thanks

I had them taken at Australia Post, it’s a set of 6 for something about $25.

You’ll need official photos for your passport application anyways.

2 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

You do need them for your passport but they are supposed to be less than 6 months old. Not sure if they compare?

I am just being optimistic here and assuming that it's possible to get from point A (citizenship application) to point B (passport application) in less than 6 months' time.

Actually, it says on the back of the photos: "Valid Until DD.MM.YYYY"

40 minutes ago, gwheng said:

that's crazy 90% it will take up to 21month to be processed.

has anyone application being processed lot more quicker than what showed on the site?

Yes, there are heaps of applicants who got their approval in less than that, but it differs from case to case.

In my case, I'm waiting for 11 months now with no updates.

Edited by Mazen

46 minutes ago, gwheng said:

that's crazy 90% it will take up to 21month to be processed.

has anyone application being processed lot more quicker than what showed on the site?

10 minutes ago, Mazen said:

Yes, there are heaps of applicants who got their approval in less than that, but it differs from case to case.

In my case, I'm waiting for 11 months now with no updates.

Hi Gwheng and Mazen,

I request you both to update your signature with your timeline, just as me and most others have done. A lot of applications in NSW who applied in 2019 are waiting about 9-12 months to get an invitation. If you're from anywhere apart from NSW, it is usually reasonable to expect an invitation within 6-9 months, though many have received invitation much sooner. The quickest I heard was 2 days, IIRC from Cairns. Many others got invited in 2-3 months.

When I say invitation, I mean invitation for the test. Not the ceremony. Ceremony wait starts after approval and depends upon council to council. Roughly standard wait is 5 months from date of approval.

Edited by Indianinoz
  • Like 1

Hi everyone

I applied for citizenship 15/01/2020

Appointment letter received 4/02/2020

Interview and test 3/04/2020

My surname is not printed on my birth certificate, anyone have any idea what documents should I take with me at interview? 

13 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi Gwheng and Mazen,

I request you both to update your signature with your timeline, just as me and most others have done. A lot of applications in NSW who applied in 2019 are waiting about 9-12 months to get an invitation. If you're from anywhere apart from NSW, it is usually reasonable to expect an invitation within 6-9 months, though many have received invitation much sooner. The quickest I heard was 2 days, IIRC from Cairns. Many others got invited in 2-3 months.

When I say invitation, I mean invitation for the test. Not the ceremony. Ceremony wait starts after approval and depends upon council to council. Roughly standard wait is 5 months from date of approval.

Hi Indianinoz,

Thanks for the advice, I just updated my signature with my details.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Manga said:

Hi everyone

My surname is not printed on my birth certificate, anyone have any idea what documents should I take with me at interview? 

Firstly, congrats on the quick invitation for interview and test. Which region/council are you based?

Do not count on me as I'm not sure, but I think they will only ask you originals of what you have attached. If you attached the birth certificate without surname, then I suppose that is what you want to take with you.

Also, you're requested to please update your signature with the timeline. Thanks!

Edited by Indianinoz

24 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Firstly, congrats on the quick invitation for interview and test. Which region/council are you based?

Do not count on me as I'm not sure, but I think they will only ask you originals of what you have attached. If you attached the birth certificate without surname, then I suppose that is what you want to take with you.

Also, you're requested to please update your signature with the timeline. Thanks!

Moreton bay regional council/ QLD

• Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Logically speaking, if they accepted your birth certificate when you applied for your initial visa and/or PR visa, then I don't see why it shouldn't be acceptable for citizenship application?!

8 hours ago, Manga said:

Hi everyone

It depend on what they ask of you on the day of the interview for identification. If For example you have your surname on your passport or driver license, you would be asked why the 'change' of name from what was on your birth certificate (ie if they as you to present this 3 documents). You might want to carry along an old document like your primary or secondary school certificate with your surname on it to prove it is your surname. I will also advised you to do a statutory declaration stating all the format of names you have on the documents and take along with you. All the best.

On 04/02/2020 at 13:09, Rockshanks said:

Hi is there anyone in this group from Hume council . Just want to know the timeline . My citizenship was approved on 30 sept and still waiting for ceremony . If anyone can help that will be great . 
Thanks 

My friend from same council got approved 29th sep 2019 and he got invite for feb 26th. Hopefully you will get it soon. Also please share your timeline.

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Sam_mel 

Thanks for your reply . Can I ask your friend that did he tecusved email for ceremony invitation or just letter in the mail . And I will definitely let you know once i recieve my invitation .

thanks

He received email on 24th January. He also got letter last week.