AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

4 hours ago, mariaoz13 said:

My timeline:

Applied: 29 of Nov 17

Received 29 of Nov 17

Email for test and interveiw: 12 Oct 18

Test and interview date: 6 Nov 18

i have the interveiw next week! I would like to know what I should take besides the originals of the documents attachs? How long it last the interview and what do they ask? I am so excited! thank you!

Cant speak for everyone but my interview lasted 30 mins and it was very informal. Handed over my documents (which are listed in your test date letter) and all they asked me about was the minor traffic offence I had to quote on my application. If you have gotten this far you should have nothing to concern yourself with. I completed the test in 10 mins. 

• Thanks 1

Starting to gather my required documents for my test next week , and it says to bring at least 3 photographic identification that shows your address , signature etc 

apart from my my driving license I don’t have anything else with my photo and address

couod I ask what I’d fellow post readers took along please

cheers

1 hour ago, CowlingAFC said:

Starting to gather my required documents for my test next week , and it says to bring at least 3 photographic identification that shows your address , signature etc 

apart from my my driving license I don’t have anything else with my photo and address

cheers

I just took passport, birth certificate and bill as proof of address and they took photo copies of driver’s licence and Medicare card. OH had marriage certificate for change of name and that’s all we needed.

• Thanks 1

Hey All,

I am new to this forum and I am seeking information about ceremony invitations.

Partner and me have been approved on 17 September, 2018 and we are still waiting for the ceremony invite.

Anyone from City of Casey Council (Melbourne SE suburbs) received ceremony invitation for the ceremony to be held on 21 November? Would greatly appreciate if you can post your timelines.

During this month's ceremony (25 October) 250 people were invited. Given that Casey Council organised a ceremony every month of this calender year and given the low approval numbers this year I am not sure why the backlog would exist in the first place. The last ceremony for this year is on 12 December.

I have chased my council but they stated that only receive the list 2 weeks in advance of the ceremony. And calling Home Affairs has not yielded any information as they say you have not been allocated to a ceremony yet.

2 hours ago, cigarette_smoking_man said:

Hey All,

Partner and me have been approved on 17 September, 2018 and we are still waiting for the ceremony invite.

Anyone from City of Casey Council (Melbourne SE suburbs) received ceremony invitation for the ceremony to be held on 21 November? Would greatly appreciate if you can post your timelines.

During this month's ceremony (25 October) 250 people were invited. Given that Casey Council organised a ceremony every month of this calender year and given the low approval numbers this year I am not sure why the backlog would exist in the first place. The last ceremony for this year is on 12 December.

I have chased my council but they stated that only receive the list 2 weeks in advance of the ceremony. And calling Home Affairs has not yielded any information as they say you have not been allocated to a ceremony yet.

You will just need to be patient unfortunately. The average waiting time seems to be around 5 to 6 months for a ceremony invitation. 

16 hours ago, Derek84 said:

I have been in Australia 3 years in Jan on a 189 visa,can I start the process for my citizenship before the 4 years so that I am ready when the time comes?

You need to be living here for 4 years with no more than 1 year being away from Australia before you can apply. IMMI will not allow you to lodge even a day short before your 4th anniversary.  

• Thanks 1

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:43, mariaoz13 said:

My timeline:

Applied: 29 of Nov 17

Received 29 of Nov 17

Email for test and interveiw: 12 Oct 18

Test and interview date: 6 Nov 18

i have the interveiw next week! I would like to know what I should take besides the originals of the documents attachs? How long it last the interview and what do they ask? I am so excited! thank you!

It is just an informal one. the officer will just ask for your original documents, photocopy it, ask you if you have any travel plans.. and take a photo of you and that's it.

He/she will assist you to the test area and take your test. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rorz said:

You will just need to be patient unfortunately. The average waiting time seems to be around 5 to 6 months for a ceremony invitation

Nah mate. There is no average waiting time. It depends on the backlog for each council.

I have seen examples of people getting ceremony invitations within 2 weeks of approval.

The ceremony wait times advertised by the department is standard BS. With what I have learnt during this citizenship processing saga is that if you are adamant and escalate through the right channels, your work gets done quickly.

I waited for nearly 9 months to get a test date. All my emails to the department were ignored. Finally I replied to my chain of emails with the Prime Ministers Office in cc, and lo and behold, in a couple of days I received my test invite. 

Wondering if I need to cc PMO again....lol

Letter for Ceremony Invitation received yesterday for me and my wife Blacktown NSW Council. We missed the last ceremony on 11th Oct 2018 due to my work travel. Now we have been scheduled for the ceremony again on 8th Nov 2018. 

Hope things go well.

All the best who all are waiting. You will get there.

16 hours ago, cigarette_smoking_man said:

Nah mate. There is no average waiting time. It depends on the backlog for each council.

I have seen examples of people getting ceremony invitations within 2 weeks of approval.

The ceremony wait times advertised by the department is standard BS. With what I have learnt during this citizenship processing saga is that if you are adamant and escalate through the right channels, your work gets done quickly.

I waited for nearly 9 months to get a test date. All my emails to the department were ignored. Finally I replied to my chain of emails with the Prime Ministers Office in cc, and lo and behold, in a couple of days I received my test invite. 

Wondering if I need to cc PMO again....lol

If you tally up all the waiting times on this forum the average waiting time is 5-6 months

12 minutes ago, CowlingAFC said:

How can I prove the date when I first arrived in Australia? Since I arrived I have lost / damaged 2 passports and am now on my 3rd so have no stamp to prove when I entered the country. 

Your visa should be electronically linked to your passport. We didn’t have an Oz entry stamp on our passports. Details of first entry should also be linked.

Edited by Bristle
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CowlingAFC said:

How can I prove the date when I first arrived in Australia? Since I arrived I have lost / damaged 2 passports and am now on my 3rd so have no stamp to prove when I entered the country. 

Why do you need to "prove it" ? You only need to state the date

1 hour ago, CowlingAFC said:

Very sorry for wording it wrong. 🙈. Only asking as I have not went through the process before 👍

No worries, they have your date of entry on file from when you first came through immigration so the date that you state on the application as date of first entry would need to tally up with what they have on system. 

On 30/10/2018 at 04:49, ArsalanAhmad said:

congratulations 🎆🎆🎆

In your test email there should be instruction to change the test date if available. You should try to find the test date which suits you. The dates may open at anytime, so you need to keep an eye on that.

Thanks will do 🙂

On 31/10/2018 at 12:43, cigarette_smoking_man said:

Hey All,

Hi Mate,

I also from City of Casey and my approval date is 3 Sep 2018, do not receive ceremony invitation as well. 

I called DHA last Friday and they said there is still not my ceremony date.

On 30/10/2018 at 20:58, CowlingAFC said:

cheers

I have filled out Form 1300 t one week before I was eligible and then when I was eligible. I have just copied it. 

Hello all,
I moved from one place to another place in same state and already have changed my address into immi account. And now my new place comes under different council.
So what I have do to change my council also, should I call council or immigration to change the council ?
Please give me a suggestion. Thanks

Hello everyone I had a test a test 18 of oct .my Immi account still shows application received.i did put complaint online IGIS friday night.what that mean I didn’t get this email.please explain if some have knowledge. I got email with this response We have completed our review in relation to your complaint. Australian intelligence agencies may issue advice or assessments relating to citizenship applications. We have conducted checks and found that there is no current case with any Australian intelligence agency in relation to your citizenship application. This could mean either:

this case has not yet been referred to an Australian intelligence agency , OR
a referral was made but a security assessment or other advice was not required, OR
the case was referred and the security assessment or other advice has been provided by the Australian intelligence agency to the Department of Home Affairs.

6 hours ago, Oziee said:

Hello all,
I moved from one place to another place in same state and already have changed my address into immi account. And now my new place comes under different council.
So what I have do to change my council also, should I call council or immigration to change the council ?
Please give me a suggestion. Thanks

You would hope that immigration would see your change of address and have the intelligence to see that a change of council ceremony location now applies to you but I wouldn't count on it. I would advise you to call them and confirm.