AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 05/10/2018 at 20:04, Leo. said:

Hi Boomerang8678,  we applied in early Jun 2017,  invited for interview in July 2018.

Rang up DOHA today, and was told that the processing time after interview could take up to 6 months.  Which means the total processing time can be up to 19 to 20 months like you mentioned.

The exact wording is and im quoting from my own approval letter "Generally, your citizenship ceremony will be scheduled within 6 months from the time your application is approved, although waiting times can vary" Vague. Basically it could be any length of time and you have no basis for complaining or receiving a definitive time-frame, its a privilege to gain citizenship and "if you dont like it then leave or withdraw your application". 

47 minutes ago, reachtoakhil said:

Applied 21 April 2017 

test date 18-11-17

ceremony date 01-11-18 yayaaaay

i have called the immigration and abuse them as much I wanted to on few calls and then after 2 days I got my ceremony date in mail 

good luck to everyone who is waiting 

Congrats! 

17 hours ago, reachtoakhil said:

Applied 21 April 2017 

test date 18-11-17

i have called the immigration and abuse them as much I wanted to on few calls and then after 2 days I got my ceremony date in mail 

Hi mate, may I know when's application approved ?

On 24/09/2018 at 11:02, jimmy2621 said:

The new residence requirements for in the Australian Citizenship Act 2007 mean that applicants will need:

• four (4) years lawful residence in Australia immediately prior to making an application for Australian citizenship with at least 12 months as a permanent resident, and
  • absences from Australia of no more than 12 months in total in the four (4) years prior to application, and no more than ninety (90) days in the 12 month permanent residency period prior to application.

yes you are right, i just searched and the previous rule has been taken back.

This was a change in law only spoken about (a lot) in the media, but never actually passed in government... thankfully!!!

On 31/08/2018 at 20:25, Bristle said:

Received our test date on Tuesday, 8 months and 1 day after application.

Date Applied: 27/12/2017

City/Council Area: City of Cockburn, WA

Online/Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 27/12/2017

Date of Citizenship Test: 08/10/2018

My OH and I had our interviews and tests on Monday. Checked Immi Account today and OH’s says approved on Monday, mine still says received. Oh well, more waiting time.

On 08/10/2018 at 21:33, reachtoakhil said:

Applied 21 April 2017 

test date 18-11-17

You had to wait almost a year from Test date to invite to ceremony date??? ! 

28 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

@Rorz Hey mate, just let you know: I have a very similar timeline with @reachtoakhil  Applied: 16 Apr 2017 and tested 22 Jun 2017, then a very long long long waiting to now, 18 mths since lodgement and 16 mths  since test, still Received. Received my FOI result with junk info. What I can do next step, I don't know

Oh no, I am shocked that you haven't received your approval yet.  reachtoakhil got his ceremony invite, so I hope you hear something positive soon.

3 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

@Rorz Hey mate, just let you know: I have a very similar timeline with @reachtoakhil  Applied: 16 Apr 2017 and tested 22 Jun 2017, then a very long long long waiting to now, 18 mths since lodgement and 16 mths  since test, still Received. Received my FOI result with junk info. What I can do next step, I don't know

What a joke, have you been in touch with the Ombudsman? 

On 09/10/2018 at 14:56, whtzau said:

Hi mate, congratulation, may i know when you received ur letter of ceremony invitation ?

Can't remember exact date but beginning of Oct for ceremony 17th of Oct.

However I got a letter yesterday saying my citizenship was approved and the next step was for a ceremony which could take 6 months - This letter was dated 31st Aug but only got it yesterday, i had already received my invite to ceremony..... all around the wrong way!

I knew i was approved though as I logged into my immi account on the day after my test and it changed to approved that day.

According to the Ombudsman Report 

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0032/78980/Citizenship-own-motion-investigation-report.pdf

This is how immigration works/should work

(1) When an application is received then Identity and integrity checks are performed (some internal checks and some are external checks).

Case Officer will only invite you for the test if identity checks are finalized using 25 criterion (CCPT checks)

(2) Once Case Officer asked for these checks then he moves to the other applications. So there is a possibility if these checks are still waiting for third party to verify them (in this case if its waiting for third party immigration can't do anything about it) or the checks are finalized but the case officer has not looked back at your case (referred to as *inactivity*) in the later case you can ask through global feedback that your application is facing unexpected delays and the application is not waiting for any third party checks and mentioned the judgement by Justice Bromberg (I think 6 months inactivity).

(3) Once you are invited for the test then Case Officer will perform character and other checks to finalize your application

Again these are third party checks and apply the same as above.

FOI flags are really important its not a junk info. if you are able to read the flags. Please read the full Ombudsman Report to know about all the flag info. I know some of the flags meaning.

Did you ask for ICSE Case notes? The ICSE notes will reveal notes like "all clear" "nil concerns" "decision ready" etc.

Decision ready means third party has finalized the particular check  

Edited by ArsalanAhmad
  • Thanks 1

Hello ! 

Im still waiting for Approval letter. Called DOBP twice but they said you will get it very soon. It has been almost 25 days as IMMI status changed. I called thm again today and a lady told me tht they requested my case officer for approval letter but he didnt till now.. What should i do now ? 

On 08/10/2018 at 20:33, reachtoakhil said:

Applied 21 April 2017 

test date 18-11-17

You should be ashamed of yourself.

That person you abused is just someone doing his or her job. Its not their fault if there is a backlog, Complain respectfully by all means but there is no need to abuse someone for something that is not their fault 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi
applied oct 2017
Received test date 22-09-2018
test date 18 oct 2018
test today-passed 100%
immi account still show -application received.

anyone please tell me what's next step . test officer told me i will get letter in 3 to 6 month

is that true or we can check in immi accounts . please tell with your best knowledge

thanks.