AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

8 hours ago, whtzau said:

if i change residential address after receiving approval for citizenship application, will this change delay allocation of citizenship ceremony ?

It may depend if you move to another council area. Some are busier than others and have longer waits for a ceremony date     

Our invite only came via snail mail. Some councils send e mails as well. Best to notify of any address change ASAP though. 

16 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

Had my ceremony yesterday, so all done now! 10 months from application to ceremony (7 months from application to approval)!!

Congratulations Anne. Thats a decent turnaround time too. Will you apply for your passport immediately?  @AnneOz

25 minutes ago, Rorz said:

Congratulations Anne. Thats a decent turnaround time too. Will you apply for your passport immediately?  @AnneOz

Will try to, no rush as I don't have travel plans before November but in the next few days probably. Can't apply online, seems only renewals can be done online so have to go to the Post office pick up a form, fill in at home and return with it to the Post office ? But it will get there now since all else is done!

34 minutes ago, AnneOz said:

Will try to, no rush as I don't have travel plans before November but in the next few days probably. Can't apply online, seems only renewals can be done online so have to go to the Post office pick up a form, fill in at home and return with it to the Post office ? But it will get there now since all else is done!

Son applied on line for first Aus passport recently. All done and paid for on line. He did have to print off a page to complete and take to post office with photos and ID to finalise though. 

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

Son applied on line for first Aus passport recently. All done and paid for on line. He did have to print off a page to complete and take to post office with photos and ID to finalise though. 

Weird it didn’t let me apply.. Is he under 18? You can if you are ? 

Edited by AnneOz

1 hour ago, AnneOz said:

Weird it didn’t let me apply.. Is he under 18? You can if you are ? 

No in his twenties. It does say to leave 10 days before applying. Maybe the system needs to update?

just looked it is confusing but you click on start/ renewal passport to start the process on line. 

https://www.passports.gov.au/passports-explained/quick-guide-online-application

Edited by rammygirl

5 hours ago, AnneOz said:

Had my ceremony yesterday, so all done now! 10 months from application to ceremony (7 months from application to approval)!!

Congrats @AnneOz. We are pushing through with our ceremony tonight. ?

We were able to book for Passport appointment tomorrow directly to Australia Passport Office as we need it in less than 4 days Our trip overseas is late next week.

Hello, here is our final timeline:

Citizenship application: October 13, 2017

Test Invite: April 13, 2018

Citizenship Test: May 29, 2018

Approval: May 31, 2018 (me) / June 20, 2018 (husband)

Citizenship Ceremony: August 9, 2018

Passport Application/Receipt: August 10, 2018 (in less than 5 hours)

State: VICTORIA

Thank you so much everyone for all your help and assistance!

I will still be around to check on you guys, and help those new members who might need my assistance.

Good luck on those who are still waiting.. Wishing you all the best ?

Edited by Zet01

26 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

Hello, here is our final timeline:

Citizenship application: October 13, 2017

Test Invite: April 13, 2018

Citizenship Test: May 29, 2018

Approval: May 31, 2018 (me) / June 20, 2018 (husband)

Citizenship Ceremony: August 9, 2018

Passport Application/Receipt: August 10, 2018 (in less than 5 hours)

State: VICTORIA

Thank you so much everyone for all your help and assistance!

I will still be around to check on you guys, and help those new members who might need my assistance.

Good luck on those who are still waiting.. Wishing you all the best ?

Very happy for you I have my citizenship test on 17th Aug.  A bit nervous. I have arranged all my documents. 

• Like 1

Just sharing my timeline.

Date applied: 1 Nov 2017

City/Council area: Canning WA

Online / Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 1 Nov 2017

Test invite email: 19 July 2018

Date of the Citizenship Test: 6 August 2018

Date of approval: tba

Ceremony invitation:  tba

Date of ceremony: tba

Type of ceremony: tba

First called Department of home affairs about the citizenship ceremony, they told me to call the local council. Called the City Council and they told me to ring the Department of home affairs . ? Seriously, none of them could give me a bloody answer when the next ceremony is in Brisbane. ? Guess I'll just have to wait. ?? 

47 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

Hi everyone,

For those that have already received their test invites how did you receive these?

Were they through the mail, email or just in the immi account under messages or all 3 methods?

Thanks in advance ? 

Thru email. Please check your junk mail also, as some test invite emails go there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rockinteddy89 said:

First called Department of home affairs about the citizenship ceremony, they told me to call the local council. Called the City Council and they told me to ring the Department of home affairs . ? Seriously, none of them could give me a bloody answer when the next ceremony is in Brisbane. ? Guess I'll just have to wait. ?? 

Does your local council post any ceremony dates in their website?

Our local council usually post the upcoming ceremony dates, and that gave us some idea when to have the ceremony.

2 hours ago, Zet01 said:

Our local council usually post the upcoming ceremony dates, and that gave us some idea when to have the ceremony.

Ours wasn’t up to date with ceremony details so I called the person listed as responsible, she was very helpful and told me we would be invited to the next ceremony sometime in August (not yet finalised) by post. We got our invites a couple of weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Zet01 said:

Nope, nothing. It's really frustrating. Waiting for ceremony shouldn't take 6 months. My sister in UK only took a week to do her ceremony. I don't know why in Australia takes ages to do a ceremony. ???