AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Then you're just lucky as citizenship is a demand driven 'industry' nowadays!

More demand means less likelihood of a quick ceremony.

Townsville is not a migrant hot spot anyway with a population of 171,824 inhabitants as the council we live in has almost that number of people alone - not to mention whole Adelaide!

Yeah definitely, its quieter than most councils here. I'd be amazed if I did not make it to one this year. But then who knows the ways of DIBP. lol

My friend wrote her test in March and her ceremony in April. Can you believe that? By that pattern I should be in the August one. Not that I am going to keep my hopes up even remotely.

Edited by Chandnihorvath

Now it all makes sense to me - why my CO did not ask for this. Probably because I have never changed the way I sign.

My signatures on my passport (be 7 years old as it may) , driver licence and also the identity declaration form 1195 are all the same.

As least I think most people can tell they are very similar.

My all signatures are same since i get my passport

Now it all makes sense to me - why my CO did not ask for this. Probably because I have never changed the way I sign.

My signatures on my passport (be 7 years old as it may) , driver licence and also the identity declaration form 1195 are all the same.

As least I think most people can tell they are very similar.

I think that does not matter even if ur signatures are all same. My signatures are same since i was a kid.but co still ask me for the signature. Who knows what are they looking for??

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Just wondering, did anyone from any city ever receive emails from DIBP regarding application approval or ceremony invitation? Do they send these two by snail mail only?

I selected electronic communication when applying, but I guess it maybe only applies to the interview and test appointment?...

My all signatures are same since i get my passport

I think that does not matter even if ur signatures are all same. My signatures are same since i was a kid.but co still ask me for the signature. Who knows what are they looking for??

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Nobody knows... It now seems totally up to the CO, very random and discretionary.

Just wondering, did anyone from any city ever receive emails from DIBP regarding application approval or ceremony invitation? Do they send these two by snail mail only?

I selected electronic communication when applying, but I guess it maybe only applies to the interview and test appointment?...

Yeah apparently, the council/DIBP sends out a letter 2-4 weeks in advance from your citizenship ceremony. But then my cousin applied in Perth earlier this year and she got an email from her council. :)

Guest Sarah2016

My friend wrote her test in March and her ceremony in April. Can you believe that? By that pattern I should be in the August one.

I read somewhere council maintain ethnic balance, so some ethnicity are invited ahead of others, not sure how true is that

I read somewhere council maintain ethnic balance, so some ethnicity are invited ahead of others, not sure how true is that

I don't remember putting my ethnicity anywhere on my application, so I don't see how they can determine this. Unless by photograph? Seems unlikely to be honest.

Hi OZZ, Test will be held either in Sydney CBD or Parramatta. I've selected Sydney but they booked my appointment in Parra. When i rang them, they told me because my residential address is under Parra but i can take the test in Sydney if there's any available schedule.

I don't remember putting my ethnicity anywhere on my application, so I don't see how they can determine this. Unless by photograph? Seems unlikely to be honest.

Your passport? Like my passport is from an EU member. But my ethnicity is half Indian/half Caucasian. So I am not sure how that would work out. lol

Your passport? Like my passport is from an EU member. But my ethnicity is half Indian/half Caucasian. So I am not sure how that would work out. lol

You ll be invited to attend two ceremonies. One indian applicant majority and one european applicant majority !!!! :))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi guys

finally more closer to the oz passport

application date 28 feb 2016 (ministerial discretion)

received email on 18 july to sit in the test on 19 Aug

rescheduled to 19 july(fortunately very next day)

approved on 26 july(confirmed by fon)

waiting for the approval letter. they said they have sent it. will take a week to deliver.

no tentative date for ceremony on the file at the moment. they said it takes a while for the tentative date to allocate to a file.

fingers crossed....

rang the council today. the lady was so helpful,she said next ceremony is on 20 sep 2016 and still waiting a list from the department. no applicants are in queue at the moment. you can be on the upcoming list. took my name and no. and she will call me once the list is available. otherwise Australian day is for sure.

rang the council today. the lady was so helpful,she said next ceremony is on 20 sep 2016 and still waiting a list from the department. no applicants are in queue at the moment. you can be on the upcoming list. took my name and no. and she will call me once the list is available. otherwise Australian day is for sure.

So your council only holds two ceremonies a year?