Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lisa81

My 19 year old son wants to join us here ...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In May 2016 I was granted 189 visa and moved to Victoria with my 15 year old son and partner. Sadly at the  time my 17 year old son didn’t want to be included in the visa process and chose to stay with his dad in England. Due to this and other various reasons he was not included in the visa. We painfully made the move while he stayed in UK with his dad as he chose. Now after being here for 2 years my son has been out twice on holiday and has decided that he wished he made the move with us. He left school early and has been casual working for 2 years. I was hoping to try and get him a year working visa but what would be the options for him to move permanently without a skilled trade? 

would sponsorship be an option or would he need to return to school to get qualifications then move here for higher education? 

Any ideas?

Edited by ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Isn't this the same post as you've put in the visa section?  I am confident the answers will be the same and as most have said, you need to get the help of a migrant agent to see if you have any options.  As most said, there doesn't appear to be any route unless you can prove he is dependant on you which from what you've said you can't. An agent will be able to confirm this or hopefully suggest something else 

Edited by Tulip1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So you have another son? This post says your 17 year old son whereas your other identical post on the visa section says your 19 year old son, assume you mean 19? 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

So you have another son? This post says your 17 year old son whereas your other identical post on the visa section says your 19 year old son, assume you mean 19? 

It says: "at the time my 17 year old son"

It doesn't say he is 17 now.

 

I can understand why Lisa81 opened a new topic. Much of the old one was "you should have done XYZ at the time". Not useful for her now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JetBlast said:

It says: "at the time my 17 year old son"

It doesn't say he is 17 now.

 

I can understand why Lisa81 opened a new topic. Much of the old one was "you should have done XYZ at the time". Not useful for her now.

The title clearly says

'My 17 year old wants to join us here'

there was plenty of good advice on the previous post, most of which said unlikely but contact a migrant agent. Yes there was some "you should have done this and that" but that's because that would have ensured this problem didn't occur. If that helps others going through the visa process then all good.  I agree it's no good to the OP but this is a public form looking to help as many people as possible. People kindly use their time to respond and most said not looking good, consult an agent. If I was the OP I'd be doing just that, not asking the same question on the same forum.  The son is a working adult that hasn't lived with the OP for the last two years, he is not dependant on her and he has no skills to apply for a visa himself.  I'm not sure what else can be said. If anyone can suggest ways around it then it's a migrant agent.  

Edited by Tulip1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Isn't this the same post as you've put in the visa section?  I am confident the answers will be the same and as most have said, you need to get the help of a migrant agent to see if you have any options.  As most said, there doesn't appear to be any route unless you can prove he is dependant on you which from what you've said you can't. An agent will be able to confirm this or hopefully suggest something else 

Yes it is the same post, someone suggested I post in here..... wasn’t aware that was a problem???

People have suggested various routes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

The title clearly says

'My 17 year old wants to join us here'

there was plenty of good advice on the previous post, most of which said unlikely but contact a migrant agent. Yes there was some "you should have done this and that" but that's because that would have ensured this problem didn't occur. If that helps others going through the visa process then all good.  I agree it's no good to the OP but this is a public form looking to help as many people as possible. People kindly use their time to respond and most said not looking good, consult an agent. If I was the OP I'd be doing just that, not asking the same question on the same forum.  The son is a working adult that hasn't lived with the OP for the last two years, he is not dependant on her and he has no skills to apply for a visa himself.  I'm not sure what else can be said. If anyone can suggest ways around it then it's a migrant agent.  

Once again Tulip I apologise for making a typo!

my son is 19 now.

Thanks for your ongoing replies however you haven’t said anything different from your first reply. I was simply seeking advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lisa81 said:

Once again Tulip I apologise for making a typo!

my son is 19 now.

Thanks for your ongoing replies however you haven’t said anything different from your first reply. I was simply seeking advice.

And I've given you some, seek the help of a professional agent.  Almost everyone has given you the same advice, have you spoken to any agents yet?  You have had a great many responses, including one from a well regarded agent.  Non have come up with the response you wanted, of course you wanted someone to suggest a way to get your son a permanent visa. I understand that but you must have realised many responses down the line there doesn't appear to be one.  I am quite sure that you,  as someone who had themselves gone through the process of obtaining a visa a few years ago. would have checked this out on the immigration website prior to posting on here.  Having not found a suitable visa for your son you've asked for any suggestions/advice. Perfectly reasonable but you've had that advice and it's been to seek professional help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lisa81 said:

Thanks for your ongoing replies however you haven’t said anything different from your first reply. I was simply seeking advice.

Tulip hasn't said anything different because there isn't anything different to say.  There aren't many people who look at only one section of the forum so you're not likely to get different answers here.

I know it's really hard to believe there's no easy way to get your own flesh and blood to come and live with you but it's a fact.  You're not going to find a magical way out of it. 

WRussell answered your post.  He's a well-known, reputable agent. He suggested it could be done but that you need to move very fast - so I would be taking his advice and ringing his agency right now.  

  • Like 4

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum can be a little confusing because we have sub-sections.  If it's the same question,  you only need to post it in n one section of the forum e.g. visa chat/family visa etc.  


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

And I've given you some, seek the help of a professional agent.  Almost everyone has given you the same advice, have you spoken to any agents yet?  You have had a great many responses, including one from a well regarded agent.  Non have come up with the response you wanted, of course you wanted someone to suggest a way to get your son a permanent visa. I understand that but you must have realised many responses down the line there doesn't appear to be one.  I am quite sure that you,  as someone who had themselves gone through the process of obtaining a visa a few years ago. would have checked this out on the immigration website prior to posting on here.  Having not found a suitable visa for your son you've asked for any suggestions/advice. Perfectly reasonable but you've had that advice and it's been to seek professional help. 

Wow..... your empathetic to the situation! Obviously Lisa81 is seeking as much info and guidance as possible, imagine how hard this situation is for someone. Don’t think she needs the smart arse replies! 

 

Good luck with it Lisa81, I’m sure there will be a way! 😊

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Tulip hasn't said anything different because there isn't anything different to say.  There aren't many people who look at only one section of the forum so you're not likely to get different answers here.

I know it's really hard to believe there's no easy way to get your own flesh and blood to come and live with you but it's a fact.  You're not going to find a magical way out of it. 

WRussell answered your post.  He's a well-known, reputable agent. He suggested it could be done but that you need to move very fast - so I would be taking his advice and ringing his agency right now.  

Someone suggested i post here too so I did, I have found some people’s replies very helpful and informative which was all I was looking for, especially wrussels which is why I will obviously be consulting an agent like himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

And I've given you some, seek the help of a professional agent.  Almost everyone has given you the same advice, have you spoken to any agents yet?  You have had a great many responses, including one from a well regarded agent.  Non have come up with the response you wanted, of course you wanted someone to suggest a way to get your son a permanent visa. I understand that but you must have realised many responses down the line there doesn't appear to be one.  I am quite sure that you,  as someone who had themselves gone through the process of obtaining a visa a few years ago. would have checked this out on the immigration website prior to posting on here.  Having not found a suitable visa for your son you've asked for any suggestions/advice. Perfectly reasonable but you've had that advice and it's been to seek professional help. 

Once again tulip I’m not sure you have interpreted the post right, I was merely seeking advice, not ongoing replies from yourself repeating the same things. I have read the other replies for myself which have been very helpful and have in fact given me the answers I was looking for, especially from wrussel and others who have given useful advice which I have taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JetBlast said:

It says: "at the time my 17 year old son"

It doesn't say he is 17 now.

 

I can understand why Lisa81 opened a new topic. Much of the old one was "you should have done XYZ at the time". Not useful for her now.

Exactly Jetblast!

Thank you! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ali said:

The forum can be a little confusing because we have sub-sections.  If it's the same question,  you only need to post it in n one section of the forum e.g. visa chat/family visa etc.  

Oh ok, thanks Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Tulip hasn't said anything different because there isn't anything different to say.  There aren't many people who look at only one section of the forum so you're not likely to get different answers here.

I know it's really hard to believe there's no easy way to get your own flesh and blood to come and live with you but it's a fact.  You're not going to find a magical way out of it. 

WRussell answered your post.  He's a well-known, reputable agent. He suggested it could be done but that you need to move very fast - so I would be taking his advice and ringing his agency right now.  

I appreciate there may be nothing more for her to say but she doesn’t need to repeat herself constantly. 

I have found Wrussel extremely helpful thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The forum can be a little confusing because we have sub-sections.  If it's the same question,  you only need to post it in n one section of the forum e.g. visa chat/family visa etc.  

Although I can’t contribute to this discussion, I wanted to say that the above response was all that was needed on this thread regarding posting in multiple sections.

I’ve been been browsing these forums for around a year now and have noticed there can be far too much aggression from regular posters who push their points across in an aggressive and condescending manner, even if the information is valid and good advice.

It’s a shame as this can immediately put newcomers on the defensive and prevent them contributing to the community in the future.

Good luck to the OP and her son though.
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bran said:



I’ve been been browsing these forums for around a year now and have noticed there can be far too much aggression from regular posters who push their points across in an aggressive and condescending manner, even if the information is valid and good advice.

I

Either I'm brain dead or have missed a post but I can't find any aggression or condescension in this thread. Most replies to this kind of problem come from long time helpful members, some whom may become exasperated  by new arrivals who will continue to look for answers to their problems despite being given those answers over and over again and also being told that there is nothing left to contribute.

Some are perhaps seeking further answers in the hope that they can avoid paying an agent, others, that they refuse to accept that there is no route available for them in their quest for migration. It happens time and time again, so perhaps what you perceive as aggression and condescension is actually frustration and exasperation at the fact that members give freely of their time in order to help prospective migrants, only to experience thanklessness and on many occasions, what appears to be a refusal by the OP to accept their best solution is to seek advice from those more qualified to answer, such as a migration agent

 

  • Like 4

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Either I'm brain dead or have missed a post but I can't find any aggression or condescension in this thread. Most replies to this kind of problem come from long time helpful members, some whom may become exasperated  by new arrivals who will continue to look for answers to their problems despite being given those answers over and over again and also being told that there is nothing left to contribute.
Some are perhaps seeking further answers in the hope that they can avoid paying an agent, others, that they refuse to accept that there is no route available for them in their quest for migration. It happens time and time again, so perhaps what you perceive as aggression and condescension is actually frustration and exasperation at the fact that members give freely of their time in order to help prospective migrants, only to experience thanklessness and on many occasions, what appears to be a refusal by the OP to accept their best solution is to seek advice from those more qualified to answer, such as a migration agent
 

I’m not disputing the fact that the information may or may not be helpful, but rather the tone and manner in which it is relayed. A more positive tone increases the likelihood that the information will be taken on board.

You are absolutely right in that others may perceive the posts in different ways, but I still don’t see why that frustration and exasperation needs to spill over into the thread; if there’s nothing left to say, move along. Or if there’s nothing constructive to add, rather not say it.

Perhaps there would be more kudos for helpful replies if the message was received in a friendly manner.

On the flip side I have also noted terrible replies from the OPs of different threads, after clear and concise information has been given and just because it’s not what they want to hear. I do take on board that long time posters receive some frosty replies too.

This forum has been amazing in my search for answers and I’m sure many appreciate the time and effort the regulars put in; I was merely stating the observations from a newcomer myself, whether that means anything or not, with the view of improving the experience for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the time of migration/attempted migration is an anxious time and sometimes that anxiety spills over .  Often conflicting advice is given which doesn't help but it is after all just a forum for suggestions and ideas and everyone has the responsibility to work out their own solutions or seek professional help .  It is nice when we get feedback about what works and what doesn't of course- but everyone is different and no one should take any answer as an absolute truth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 03:31, Lisa81 said:

Once again Tulip I apologise for making a typo!

my son is 19 now.

Thanks for your ongoing replies however you haven’t said anything different from your first reply. I was simply seeking advice.

@Lisa81 I've changed the typo for you in the title 


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ali said:

@Lisa81 I've changed the typo for you in the title 

Thanks Ali 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×