1 minute ago, Almat said:

Hi @moominfillyjonk I highly refined writing to them (see address above). I truly believe this got the ball rolling my end. 

in terms of 600 I applied, didn’t hear anything for a while then submitted my exemption and both granted within 48 hours back in September. I would apply for both now. I didn’t provide any flight details as I didn’t have a flight booked. I put my planned travel date, which changed anyway. Crack on if I were you! 

3 minutes ago, bicek said:

Hi! Thanks so much for your input. I guess it really matters on the exact location and catchment sizes on whether that's an option. We will have to see I guess. But I will definitely explore this as an option as we would love to feel confident in having that bit sorted before we go. 

Congrats on getting your visa granted! When are you planning to head over?

@bicek it’s tricky for sure. Best of luck. I fly on the 31st Dec with my two children and husband will follow in Feb/March 🤞🏻

On 10/11/2020 at 15:44, Almat said:

I would of thought you carry on as you are as the baby isn't even born yet... then apply for citizenship by descent when baby is born. Although if you're planning on moving after the baby is born you'll need to be on the ball with applying for the CBD 

Yes, I think you're right.  This is what you would normally do, but my other child's CBD was lodged in mid-May and is yet to be processed.  I do not believe the timings on the website are accurate for this type of application.  This is what prompts the need to investigate options beyond the CBD route.

@martymarty5436425 that’s annoying they are so slow. If it were me I’d still do the CBD route and then follow up explaining you are relocating along with timelines - this will give them a kick up the backside to get moving on it. If they’ve got no reason to prioritise your case they won’t. If you present a reason (eg we’re relocating in a month etc then they’ll be more likely to look into it). Ideally move before baby 2 is born then at least you only have one CBD to worry about for now 🤪 I wrote to the embassy in London about my partner visa and  two weeks later it was granted! I only applied in March 2020. Worth a shot. 

Hey everyone,

I submitted my 309 offshore application back in June and I received my visa grant a few days ago. Just wanted to say a bit thank you for all the information that helped on this forum. I was expecting it to take at least 17 months but it was granted in just 5, so they must really be cranking through them. I applied in the UK but I was processed through the Berlin office.

If I can help anyone then please don't hesitate to ask.

image.thumb.png.59faffaf4f1010d74ecea1c5066bb19d.png

• Congratulations 1

13 hours ago, GuyPB said:

Hey everyone,

I submitted my 309 offshore application back in June and I received my visa grant a few days ago. Just wanted to say a bit thank you for all the information that helped on this forum. I was expecting it to take at least 17 months but it was granted in just 5, so they must really be cranking through them. I applied in the UK but I was processed through the Berlin office.

If I can help anyone then please don't hesitate to ask.

image.thumb.png.59faffaf4f1010d74ecea1c5066bb19d.png

congratulations @GuyPB that is amazing news! It's so great to see they are processing applications from as late as June 2020! Can I ask how you know it was processed through the Berlin office? does it say somewhere on the IMMI Grant Notification letter? Please keep us posted with any tips on finding flights etc. as it sounds like its a bit of a challenge at the moment and good luck with quarantine! 😁

Hi guys,

So I can apply for the second stage PR 801/100. I have logged in and it looks like I have to do the same process as stage 1. Surely this stage doesnt have to be as difficult as the first part. The thought of going through all that again will drive me insane. Does anybody know what exactly is required for the second stage?

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, ainzlondon79 said:

congratulations @GuyPB that is amazing news! It's so great to see they are processing applications from as late as June 2020! Can I ask how you know it was processed through the Berlin office? does it say somewhere on the IMMI Grant Notification letter? Please keep us posted with any tips on finding flights etc. as it sounds like its a bit of a challenge at the moment and good luck with quarantine! 😁

It says on your grant email where it was issued from.

image.png.d6df8d0be572fdc310f5ea2a4c31e1d2.png

Edited by DUBtoBNE
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Just wondering - Has anyone been granted their 309 while they were onshore in Australia (during COVID-19)? I'm interested to know what the time frame is that the Department gives you when they're ready to make a decision on the 309, but you're onshore. That is, how soon do they expect you to leave the country? Before COVID-19, a quick/cheap trip to e.g. Bali and back solved the problem. But can is it possible to stick around as long on a tourist visa and wait for things to calm down before leaving Australia and returning to active the 309? I mean, the leaving part is still feasible, but the coming back bit is obviously tricky. 

Appreciate any insights!

14 minutes ago, Anais_V said:

Hi everyone,

Just wondering - Has anyone been granted their 309 while they were onshore in Australia (during COVID-19)? I'm interested to know what the time frame is that the Department gives you when they're ready to make a decision on the 309, but you're onshore. That is, how soon do they expect you to leave the country? Before COVID-19, a quick/cheap trip to e.g. Bali and back solved the problem. But can is it possible to stick around as long on a tourist visa and wait for things to calm down before leaving Australia and returning to active the 309? I mean, the leaving part is still feasible, but the coming back bit is obviously tricky. 

Appreciate any insights!

Yes! My partner had an email in August saying that they were ready to grant once he'd left the country, but were very careful to say that they weren't telling him to leave the country, etc etc. He responded to say that it wasn't feasible for him to leave, and their response was that his application would be put on hold until he could go. He's on a bridging visa until his new tourist visa is approved, and we've applied for work rights on that, although not hopeful it will work. Otherwise, we'll wait until NZ opens up. The other dim hope is a private members bill going to parliament at the start of Dec, which specifically calls for 309s to be granted onshore. We're crossing our fingers, as would be a dream if it goes through...

Hi all, wondering if you can offer some insight. We've just had a request for more information (yay they finally opened our application!!) and they've requested the health check and police acro. We only just last week booked the health check, so luckily we have that booked very soon. But the RFI also states that we must provide the info in 28 days. I didn't realise there would be such a quick deadline for this!! The health examination is booked for 2nd December, and we must provide the info by the 16th December, but it's not clear how long it will take for the examination results to get to the immi office (they send it direct from what I understand). Has anyone had any problems with this? What did you do?

We are planning to upload the booking confirmation and any paperwork to prove we are getting this underway, is that enough to prove we are trying to get it done within the allocated timeframe!?

Would love some reassurance on this if anyone can provide it! 

Also just to double check.. I had thought once your visa is approved you have 12 months from the date of your health check to activate your visa in Aussie (ie. enter Australia), is that correct? Or is it 12 months from the date the visa is processed/approved? My head is getting cloudy on this as I did the research so long ago now. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:50, bicek said:

Hey,

Just to say that we were really surprised with how quickly the citizenship by descent applications were processed for my kids last year. We submitted it on a Friday and they were approved the following Monday! You just need to put the work in getting all the documents and information together. Hard to say if they are working as quickly now but it seems that processing times are starting to look more typical now after the blip at the start of the covid pandemic. 

@Robin’s Emigrating I also meant to reply back to this... I checked our kids CBD applications and they were approved exactly 7 days after submission (this was back in October 2019)

CBD.png

Edited by ainzlondon79
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, taraken said:

Yes! My partner had an email in August saying that they were ready to grant once he'd left the country, but were very careful to say that they weren't telling him to leave the country, etc etc. He responded to say that it wasn't feasible for him to leave, and their response was that his application would be put on hold until he could go. He's on a bridging visa until his new tourist visa is approved, and we've applied for work rights on that, although not hopeful it will work. Otherwise, we'll wait until NZ opens up. The other dim hope is a private members bill going to parliament at the start of Dec, which specifically calls for 309s to be granted onshore. We're crossing our fingers, as would be a dream if it goes through...

Thanks, that's really helpful! I was worried they would tell you to leave ASAP... I had heard about the petition going to parliament, but wasn't holding my breath, TBH 😉

23 minutes ago, ainzlondon79 said:

@Robin’s Emigrating I also meant to reply back to this... I checked our kids CBD applications and they were approved exactly 7 days after submission (this was back in October 2019)

CBD.png

I'm glad my experience wasn't an isolated case! But would be good to know if anyone had their kid's CBD application approved as quickly since the pandemic hit. I am really hoping by the time we need to apply for CBD next year for our littlest (future) family member, it will go through fairly quickly, as we will be under some time pressure by then to get it sorted (all being well with the partner visa).

Edited by bicek

1 hour ago, bicek said:

Hi all, wondering if you can offer some insight. We've just had a request for more information (yay they finally opened our application!!) and they've requested the health check and police acro. We only just last week booked the health check, so luckily we have that booked very soon. But the RFI also states that we must provide the info in 28 days. I didn't realise there would be such a quick deadline for this!! The health examination is booked for 2nd December, and we must provide the info by the 16th December, but it's not clear how long it will take for the examination results to get to the immi office (they send it direct from what I understand). Has anyone had any problems with this? What did you do?

We are planning to upload the booking confirmation and any paperwork to prove we are getting this underway, is that enough to prove we are trying to get it done within the allocated timeframe!?

Hey,

I went for my medical 11th June 2020 and it was uploaded by Knightsbridge Doctors within 48 hours onto the Immi portal. I also uploaded the confirmation of appointment when I submitted my application on the 7th June 2020.

G

1 hour ago, bicek said:

Also just to double check.. I had thought once your visa is approved you have 12 months from the date of your health check to activate your visa in Aussie (ie. enter Australia), is that correct? Or is it 12 months from the date the visa is processed/approved? My head is getting cloudy on this as I did the research so long ago now. 

I had also read on the forums that it was 12 months from either you police check or health check, whichever was the later.

My grant letter has given me 12 months from the date of issue, so in my case visa was granted 12th Nov 2020 and I have until 12th Nov 2021 to enter Australia, so maybe they've changed it?

G

1 hour ago, bicek said:

I completed the health check in London and they update Immi directly once the appointment is complete.  They did so within a couple of working days after the appointment.  They don't send you anything in the post or via email afterwards for you to upload.

After having the health check, you can see if they have completed the necessary update by checking the 'Health Assessment' section of the portal (underneath 'Attach Documents' on the left hand menu).  If they have made the update, it will read (as mine does now): 'All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised...'.

1 hour ago, GuyPB said:

Hey,

I went for my medical 11th June 2020 and it was uploaded by Knightsbridge Doctors within 48 hours onto the Immi portal. I also uploaded the confirmation of appointment when I submitted my application on the 7th June 2020.

G

@bicek this is great news, well done! So pleased for you! Mine was clear and back in 24 hours so don’t panic!

Hi All,

It's looking like visas are starting to get approved again. I've also been asked for an RFI (medical and police checks) similar to others. Medical has been completed, I'm just waiting on my police checks coming. Is anyone also waiting for the AFP to send the police check over in the post?

Hi all,

We had a request for further info as my partner's medical needed to be completed. We were putting it off as the processing time scales were increasing. Just wondering if anyone's visa was processed shortly after an RFI or if there is still a wait?

Edited by Summer 213