10 minutes ago, Almat said:

Hi there - this is encouraging. I am in the same situation - Australian partner of 17 years, two dual citizen children together, awaiting my partner visa. I have applied for the 600 visa and since immi says I can only apply for exemption up to 3 months prior to travel I will have to wait until October (travelling - hopefully on 30th Dec). My question is will they only really consider me if my circumstances require compassionate exemption? We've been planning the relocation for a year now, children start school on the Sunshine coast in January. My husband says he's happy to take them over initially but I cant leave a 9 and 6 year old (who is autistic) without their Mamma! It's so stressful all this. I'm nervous I wont even get the exemption! 

Hi! Can I ask do you plan and hope to work in Australia? We were hoping we could be out there in January next year but no sign of visa being approved yet. We are reluctant to make the move without any hope of me being able to work as my husband is a freelancer and so it would take him time to set up his business back in Oz (he is Australian). We're now thinking do we just do what you are doing, apply for an exemption and go out on the visitor visa, and hope the visa comes through soon so I wouldn't be without a job too long. Does anyone know if once you're in Australia as a visitor, will they look at your 309 offshore application and let you know they are about to process it? I read on another thread that at the moment if you're onshore and your visa is offshore, they wont even bother - again this is just on a thread so no conclusive evidence!! It's so hard to know what to do.

1 hour ago, OE17 said:

Would also be interested to know if anyone is hearing anything about offshore 309 visa progress .. we had just submitted my medical and police check (both all clear) in March after receiving RFI at end of Feb, but since then haven’t heard anything. Felt like we were so close to getting it granted but also understand why it’s gone quiet! Any thoughts / theories on when visa grants might restart?

I emailed the email address provided from an RFI and got this generic response - this was just 3 weeks ago:

Please note that visa processing times are currently impacted during COVID:19 and we have reduced operational capacity as we continue to adhere to UK Government measures still in place in response to the pandemic.

We will however be in contact at this time and as your application progresses.

For further information regarding impact of COVID:19 upon Australia immigration, citizenship, travel and border matters, please refer to the Department’s website.

See:  https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/

We also refer you to our general global service standards and to note if your application is still within service standards.  Information on processing times for all visas can be found at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times 

Once our office returned to full operations, we will be in contact in due course.

32 minutes ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Hi! Can I ask do you plan and hope to work in Australia? We were hoping we could be out there in January next year but no sign of visa being approved yet. We are reluctant to make the move without any hope of me being able to work as my husband is a freelancer and so it would take him time to set up his business back in Oz (he is Australian). We're now thinking do we just do what you are doing, apply for an exemption and go out on the visitor visa, and hope the visa comes through soon so I wouldn't be without a job too long. Does anyone know if once you're in Australia as a visitor, will they look at your 309 offshore application and let you know they are about to process it? I read on another thread that at the moment if you're onshore and your visa is offshore, they wont even bother - again this is just on a thread so no conclusive evidence!! It's so hard to know what to do.

Hi there - so I was planning on not working for 6 months or so to get kids settled, rental sought etc etc but Obvs with the 600 visa you can’t work anyway so it will be ok for a bit but I am hoping the partner visa comes through so that I can start to work. I spoke to an immigration lawyer in Brisbane and she told me you’ll be notified when your partner visa is about to the granted so that you can fly out to accept it and then fly back in. You cannot be granted your PV onshore. Best of luck! What a nightmare year!!!

34 minutes ago, moominfillyjonk said:

I emailed the email address provided from an RFI and got this generic response - this was just 3 weeks ago:

So annoying isn’t it .mine still says received nothing more... I front loaded with medical and police report etc so a complete file with a ridiculous amount of evidence dating back to 2003 when we first met - took me months to put together. Would love some feedback on it at least but I understand they’re prioritising urgent visa request 

I would urge aus citizens /PR who have spouses who have applied for offshore partner visas/prospective marriage visas to sign the following petition to prompt the aus government to address some of the many issues around offshore partner visas, such as the delays, separation from partners, the offshore requirement. The petition closes 2 September. There is a lot of lobbying going on currently, and as a collective voice people are starting to be heard by MPs and now some media focus on it too.

Please sign  (and then confirm in the verification email that follows)

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1677

Hi can anyone give me just a pointer as I’m a little confused, I’m Australian by birth and I’m going for my first passport in London on the 26th September this year.

i need to start off an application for my wife of 11. Years so we can move to Australia, would it be better to fill her application  once I get my passport as I will be sponsoring her?, or can we do it before?

Also when do we pay for the visa application?

thank you for any info

Hey guys,

We are (hopefully) flying to Australia from London in September - I have a travel exemption and 600, whilst awaiting my 309 approval.

My question is, does anyone know if 309 applicant's applications are still being looked at once they're in Australia (ie getting asked to leave for a decision).

Hope that makes sense, would be good to see if anyone has any insight/experience with this.

Cheers!

Jack

1 minute ago, dunstan88 said:

Hey guys,

We are (hopefully) flying to Australia from London in September - I have a travel exemption and 600, whilst awaiting my 309 approval.

My question is, does anyone know if 309 applicant's applications are still being looked at once they're in Australia (ie getting asked to leave for a decision).

Hope that makes sense, would be good to see if anyone has any insight/experience with this.

Cheers!

Jack

From what I’ve seen no, but this could change some people I’ve seen that managed to get out there have considered cancelling their 309 and going onto the relevant onshore application. I would seek advice from a professional first though or call immigration and ask for advice, not sure they’re allowed to give specific visa advice but it’s a free option before having to pay for the relevant lawyer.

On another note, and please don’t feel the need to post if it’s due to very personal reasons, but HOW did you manage to get an exemption I’ve tried numerous times, attached so many documents I’ve used for my current 309 visa and all they come back with is saying “you don’t meet the criteria for immediate family” which baffles me as we’re in a de facto relationship and even submitted 888 stat declarations stating this? I’m worried that because we live with my mum and don’t have a joint tenancy agreement due to this situation that they may reject because of that but we cannot help our personal circumstances! We uploaded our joint bank statement along with a few other proof off address bits, but don’t know if we’re missing something or doing something wrong? Sorry to offload all this just really stressing us out, feeling helpless!

thanks in advance. 

59 minutes ago, Bjv002 said:

From what I’ve seen no, but this could change some people I’ve seen that managed to get out there have considered cancelling their 309 and going onto the relevant onshore application. I would seek advice from a professional first though or call immigration and ask for advice, not sure they’re allowed to give specific visa advice but it’s a free option before having to pay for the relevant lawyer.

On another note, and please don’t feel the need to post if it’s due to very personal reasons, but HOW did you manage to get an exemption I’ve tried numerous times, attached so many documents I’ve used for my current 309 visa and all they come back with is saying “you don’t meet the criteria for immediate family” which baffles me as we’re in a de facto relationship and even submitted 888 stat declarations stating this? I’m worried that because we live with my mum and don’t have a joint tenancy agreement due to this situation that they may reject because of that but we cannot help our personal circumstances! We uploaded our joint bank statement along with a few other proof off address bits, but don’t know if we’re missing something or doing something wrong? Sorry to offload all this just really stressing us out, feeling helpless!

thanks in advance. 

If you don’t mind sharing I’d love to know too. I was hoping being together for 17 years, two children and the like would be enough for my exemption but perhaps it needs extenuating circumstances to be granted ? Alice 

Hi @Almat

our situation was similar. We’d been planning the move for 18 months, wanted to get the kid’s schools sorted for January, have given notice on our jobs and our landlord has put our house on the market so we have notice to leave our rental. Attached marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, tenancy agreement, proof of booked travel. 

@Bjv002

Thanks for your reply, that's kind of what I figured, and the immigration number seem to be getting less and less helpful.

@Almat 

We applied for my exemption very early on when this debacle all happened, and was granted the next day (along with the 600).  Unfortunately I think it was purely a timing thing, and less to do with particular circumstances, and was granted at a time before passenger caps etc were fully in place.

It's sad to hear of so many people struggling to get across, but it's looking like it's actually making some traction in the media, and now in Aus parliament which should hopefully speed up the process. 

12 hours ago, dunstan88 said:

@Bjv002

Thanks for your reply, that's kind of what I figured, and the immigration number seem to be getting less and less helpful.

@Almat 

We applied for my exemption very early on when this debacle all happened, and was granted the next day (along with the 600).  Unfortunately I think it was purely a timing thing, and less to do with particular circumstances, and was granted at a time before passenger caps etc were fully in place.

It's sad to hear of so many people struggling to get across, but it's looking like it's actually making some traction in the media, and now in Aus parliament which should hopefully speed up the process. 

Thanks @dunstan88 for coming back to me! Ok, I;ll just have to sit tight and hope for the best! x

23 hours ago, lepea said:

Hi @Almat

our situation was similar. We’d been planning the move for 18 months, wanted to get the kid’s schools sorted for January, have given notice on our jobs and our landlord has put our house on the market so we have notice to leave our rental. Attached marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, tenancy agreement, proof of booked travel. 

@lepea great news you've got yours though - well done and best of luck! Fingers crossed ours works out x

On 21/08/2020 at 12:48, Frankdobermann said:

Hi can anyone give me just a pointer as I’m a little confused, I’m Australian by birth and I’m going for my first passport in London on the 26th September this year.

i need to start off an application for my wife of 11. Years so we can move to Australia, would it be better to fill her application  once I get my passport as I will be sponsoring her?, or can we do it before?

Also when do we pay for the visa application?

thank you for any info

Start it as soon as you can! They're taking forever to process the forms. You can continually upload evidence to her application, so you could add your passport at a later date. You will need some proof of your citizenship (like birth certificate) to start the process I think, and there are two applications you have to make, one as applicant and one as sponsor (you link these via the sponsor application). Its been so long since we submitted ours, that I can't remember exactly what proof of citizenship is requested at what stage in these forms. We completed the applicant form first, and then did a sponsor one later on. Also, you pay when you first submit it (right at the end of the initial applicant's form, if I recall correctly) 

On 20/08/2020 at 14:05, GRS said:

I would urge aus citizens /PR who have spouses who have applied for offshore partner visas/prospective marriage visas to sign the following petition to prompt the aus government to address some of the many issues around offshore partner visas, such as the delays, separation from partners, the offshore requirement. The petition closes 2 September. There is a lot of lobbying going on currently, and as a collective voice people are starting to be heard by MPs and now some media focus on it too.

Please sign  (and then confirm in the verification email that follows)

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1677

Signed!

Last day to sign this petition folks, currently sitting at 8879 signatures...

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 21:19, Almat said:

@lepea great news you've got yours though - well done and best of luck! Fingers crossed ours works out x

Thanks @lepea and @dunstan88 for your advice. This morning I was granted the 600 visa and travel exemption. Over the moon! Obviously its only the one hurdle - now to sort flights and actually get on it without being bumped, but slowly making progress! 

Hello all; my husband's medical record has expired - has anyone ever had to obtain a new one? What happens - can you generate a new request letter? Do you get a new HAP ID, or is it the same one as before?

We don't want to do this next one until requested by immigration, given the ongoing covid-related delays, but there's a possibility my husband will have to get a medical done soon anyway and we therefore may be able to cover a new aussie medical at the same time (and thus save some cash, which would be nice!) 

Can’t believe I’m actually writing this but our partner visa has just been approved 😭😭😀😀  

Timeline-

Lodged- Jan 2020

RFI- Feb 2020

Approval 309- Sept 2020

We had to apply for an exemption as my partners visa is expiring here soon so have to leave after that date, I’m so thankful and relived!

Thanks everyone for your support and guidance this forum has been a great help.

On 08/09/2020 at 19:21, lepea said:

@Almat I’m so pleased to hear you have your visa. 
We are due to fly on Saturday - Singapore airlines requested my visa and exemption so they could verify I was able to fly. Hope we don’t get bumped off our flight 🤞

@lepea did you get your flight?? Hope so! And hope quarantine isn’t too painful ! X

1 hour ago, Bjv002 said:

Can’t believe I’m actually writing this but our partner visa has just been approved 😭😭😀😀  

Timeline-

Lodged- Jan 2020

RFI- Feb 2020

Approval 309- Sept 2020

We had to apply for an exemption as my partners visa is expiring here soon so have to leave after that date, I’m so thankful and relived!

Thanks everyone for your support and guidance this forum has been a great help.

The whole system is so messed up. 
2 1/2 years down the line and we are still waiting because of there system issues 

having to move house on a short tenancy I’m the hope it’s done by Xmas.