Bitcoin

It will be interesting to see what Bitcoin and the alt coins do over the next five+ years. I don't imagine Bitcoin would reach the heady heights of over 20,000 again but then again, who really knows!

IMO, the speculators ruin its value as a currency as people are trading it as a derivative. So as an investment opportunity, it’s high risk so don’t play with what you can’t afford to lose. As a currency; until the speculation comes under control, it’s greater value as a derivative outweighs its transactional value and so it won’t reach its true potential. If I wanted to invest in blockchain tech I’d put my money somewhere other than cryptocurrency

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, renebascossarabi said:

Bitcoin is a front for money laundering. Source: My mom is a judge.

Agreed. Anonymity is where the real value lies, although governments are quickly getting up to speed (they have no choice really). Other than that it has no value. What asset is it secured against it? It's perceived value has been created mostly through speculation - ironically by those who have no understanding of its mechanism.

Agreed. Anonymity is where the real value lies, although governments are quickly getting up to speed (they have no choice really). Other than that it has no value. What asset is it secured against it? It's perceived value has been created mostly through speculation - ironically by those who have no understanding of its mechanism.
Indeed. Also, Bitcoin is not a stable asset and its value fluctuates, its like the Stock Market or Gambling.
  • Like 1