Anywhere I can buy a hot water bottle?

richev

So it's winter, and the heating in our rented apartment is not working (don't ask!) so it looks like it's time to buy a hot water bottle for my wife.

Options we've found seem to be Amazon (2-4 week delivery!) or eBay. But, ideally we'd like to buy on in a shop where we can inspect it for quality etc beforehand.

Can anyone recommend a shop (we're in Sydney) that sells decent quality hot water bottles?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, ramot said:

I prefer Wheat bags, but you aren’t supposed to put them in your bed, but safer than a hot water bottle filled with boiling water.

I've never used boiling water in a hot water bottle.  Hot water from the tap should be more than enough.  But boiling water isn't going to start a fire the way wheat bags can if left unattended in bed due to the way they retain heat.  

1 hour ago, AussieMum said:

I've never used boiling water in a hot water bottle.  Hot water from the tap should be more than enough.  But boiling water isn't going to start a fire the way wheat bags can if left unattended in bed due to the way they retain heat.  

I suppose I like wheat bags as they are so useful easing my aches and pains. I know there are reports of them catching fire, but there are also reports of people being burnt from hot water bottles not done up tightly enough. Sensible people use either safely, and there are plenty of warnings on heat bags when you buy them on how to use them.