You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ok. So I have been offered a job in Knowsley, (between Liverpool and Warrington). Any thoughts on places to live around there. Not sure where in the borough I will be based yet. I think I would prefer south of there, was thinking maybe Frodsham, Cuddington if anyone knows these places. I know the bridges across the river are tolled now but could be worth it. Could drive 30-40 mins in. Is traffic poop around there?

Only need a 2-3 bedder, small garden. 

More interested in good places/bad places than housing advice at present. I have searched online for affordability but just interested in neighbourhood reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Both nice 

Frodsham in particular I know well.

• Thanks 1

Frodsham "generally" is all good.

Budget dependant, places off church street are best. 

Cuddington I don't know as well but has good rep (a poster called saz1 knows this spot well I think )

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wa7 said:

Frodsham "generally" is all good.

Budget dependant, places off church street are best. 

Cuddington I don't know as well but has good rep (a poster called saz1 knows this spot well I think )

Saz71 it is

• Like 1

I assume you mean like Prescot/Whiston/Huyton?

Few options, (1) South Liverpool like Allerton, Aigburth, St Michaels, Calderstones way or (2) Rainford, round that way, (3) Lymm, Stockton Heath, or (4) Frodsham Helsby as you mention.

The new bridge means much improved travel times albeit tolled.

• Thanks 1

Thanks both. Good to get a bit of local knowledge. Often it’s only once you have moved in that the “issues “ become apparent!

• Like 1

Best of luck not lnow these places well enough to comment on though. I am from the Wirral and wish i was going home to live but still trying to work on it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Scousers1 said:

Best of luck not lnow these places well enough to comment on though. I am from the Wirral and wish i was going home to live but still trying to work on it.

Thanks. Are you no nearer a decision?

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

Thanks. Are you no nearer a decision?

Not really, i have too many others to consider. Parents would love to go home but are both frail and seeing doctors weekly. Daughters says she wont go. So feel caught in a no win situation at the moment. Imay just have to go for long holidays each year😀

6 hours ago, Scousers1 said:

Not really, i have too many others to consider. Parents would love to go home but are both frail and seeing doctors weekly. Daughters says she wont go. So feel caught in a no win situation at the moment. Imay just have to go for long holidays each year😀

It’s hard. My mum followed me here and I put her on a flight back to the UK on Wednesday. She liked it here but accepts nowhere is perfect and that I was returning to the UK. No way she could afford to stay here on her own. I am returning now as she is 78 but still relatively well. Otherwise I might have ploughed on for a couple of years until my son had finished his masters, but by then who’s to say how her health would be and then I would be stuck.

I’m lucky in that I don’t have a husband to consider but my mum and son were told what I wanted to do and why, (in a family meeting) and the reality of staying here in terms of jobs/ money / costs were laid out. Each was given an option of what they wanted to do and here we are. I have factored in everyone’s needs and costed it all so no one is left hanging with a s#it deal and hopefully it will all work out. We are pretty low maintenance! 😁

Holidays will help as long as you can afford them. Wish you some peace and stability. Take care.