189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Guest Cristina

Hi All,
Just a quick message to say we got our grant this morning. Good luck to all still waiting....lovely feeling when it happens! 
Absolutely buzzing to get on with the planning! 

Congratulations!!! May I ask when did you pay for your visa? Or lodge ? If they are the same - we are still waiting

On 30/05/2018 at 01:06, Lavers said:

Thanks for reply nemesis, a friend of mine moved to Australia a few years back and I thought he said two years.

Do you submit your medicals when you are invited to apply or are they asked for later on? So it would be 1 year from the time the Australian gov ask for them?

Its a year from when you do them. So if you do them early, before they are actually requested, you are shortening the probable time you will get for validating. 

Hi Abi, I applied for 190 visa mid December 2017, CO contacted early march for police checks and medicals. All uploaded by a couple of weeks later. Nothing since so just waiting game now. 

We paid 1st January , contacted late March for medicals - was granted on Tuesday so yours could be any day now! ??

We got our grant! 190 sponsored by NSW  

For those that are interested the timeline was:

190 EOI submitted early October 2017

20th October - NSW invite

30th October - submitted documents to NSW

22nd December - NSW sponsorship confirmed and 190 invite received 

16th Jan - submitted 190 visa application. We did the medical a few days later 

18th April - case officer asked for police certificates 

27th April - submitted police certificates 

7th June - visa granted

I think if we’d submitted the police certificates at the start we’d have got a direct grant in April. It was a question I asked on here at the time and some people advice against front loading everything in case you then don’t have much time to move. We aren’t in a huge rush so no issue, but for those who are it might be worth considering ...

On 26/05/2018 at 17:29, Cristina said:

Hi start to be shocked about all this visa situation...people who applied 3 months later than me have the grant.

I applied almost 6 months ago,Im living in australia since 2012 so they already check if I hve the rights to live here.

Still nothing happened ,no even the CO contact us....

Cant do anything else than wait and every friday say "another weer is gone,maybe will be the next..."

On 05/06/2018 at 13:39, Abi6635 said:

Has anyone who submitted in nov/December been asked to supply further evidence? If so how long did it take from submitting asked evidence to get a response from CO? 

Received communication from the Immi Dept on 24 May.

[Info]- For those who are claiming partner's skill points, it is best to upload his/her ACS Skill Assessment Result rightaway. I had not done it because it wasn't mentioned in the list of partner docs. But looks like they're checking it now. 

ACS Applied on - 22/Oct/2017

ACS Result - 06/Dec/2017

EOI Submitted (75 points including partner skills) - 08/Dec/2018

Invitation received- 20/Dec/2018

Application Submitted- 20/Dec/2018

Medical Tests and all other documents uploaded by- 08/Jan/2018

CO Assigned- 24/May/2018; Status moved from Received to Initial Assessment

Communication regarding Partner ACS Document- 24/May/2018

Uploaded Partner ACS Doc- 24/May/2018

Status moved to Further Assessment- 24/May/2018

8 hours ago, justme said:

We got our grant! 190 sponsored by NSW  

For those that are interested the timeline was:

190 EOI submitted early October 2017

20th October - NSW invite

30th October - submitted documents to NSW

22nd December - NSW sponsorship confirmed and 190 invite received 

16th Jan - submitted 190 visa application. We did the medical a few days later 

18th April - case officer asked for police certificates 

27th April - submitted police certificates 

7th June - visa granted

I think if we’d submitted the police certificates at the start we’d have got a direct grant in April. It was a question I asked on here at the time and some people advice against front loading everything in case you then don’t have much time to move. We aren’t in a huge rush so no issue, but for those who are it might be worth considering ...

CONGRATS!!! Thats amazing! We also got our grant yesterday (7th June) we submitted our 190 visa application for SA on 1st Feb and we also tried our best to get all our medical and checks done before the CO contacted us but just missed out getting in our police checks due to the May bank holiday! The CO contacted us on 7th May and we submitted the same day and we were granted a month later!!! YAY!! looking at heading off in September.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 13:48, adi said:

Received communication from the Immi Dept today.

[Info]- For those who are claiming partner's skill points, it is best to upload his/her ACS Skill Assessment Result rightaway. I had not done it because it wasn't mentioned in the list of partner docs. But looks like they're checking it now. 

ACS Applied on - 22/Oct/2017

ACS Result - 06/Dec/2017

EOI Submitted (75 points including partner skills) - 08/Dec/2017

Invitation received- 20/Dec/2017

Application Submitted- 20/Dec/2017

Medical Tests and all other documents uploaded by- 08/Jan/2018

CO Assigned- 24/May/2018; Status moved from Received to Initial Assessment

Communication regarding Partner ACS Document- 24/May/2018

Uploaded Partner ACS Doc- 24/May/2018

Status moved to Further Assessment- 24/May/2018

Received Grant- 22/Jun/2018

For First Entry, Arrive by- 26/Dec/2018

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give a bit of hope to those out there waiting. I received my grant yesterday without any CO contact. I was devastated by the 8-11 month processing time (which was 9-12 when I submitted) in February. In addition, I looked at my immiaccount all of the time, and it never ever updated from received (I was waiting for it to say initial assessment, etc), but since it had never changed I thought I would be waiting the full time period. However, on Monday night it said received and by Tuesday afternoon I had a grant letter in my email. 

Hope the theory that things pick up in July due to the new fiscal year is true for all of us. If there are any other nurses out there who will be relocating to the Melbourne area, please reach out to me! I'd love to make some new friends who also went through this crazy process.

7 hours ago, lhumphreys said:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give a bit of hope to those out there waiting. I received my grant yesterday without any CO contact. I was devastated by the 8-11 month processing time (which was 9-12 when I submitted) in February. In addition, I looked at my immiaccount all of the time, and it never ever updated from received (I was waiting for it to say initial assessment, etc), but since it had never changed I thought I would be waiting the full time period. However, on Monday night it said received and by Tuesday afternoon I had a grant letter in my email. 

Hope the theory that things pick up in July due to the new fiscal year is true for all of us. If there are any other nurses out there who will be relocating to the Melbourne area, please reach out to me! I'd love to make some new friends who also went through this crazy process.

Hi, 

Congratulations! 

Can I ask, I assume you front loaded all your documents? Did thus include the form 80 as well?

Thank you x

1 hour ago, LauraHol89 said:

Hi, 

Congratulations! 

Can I ask, I assume you front loaded all your documents? Did thus include the form 80 as well?

Thank you x

Hi @LauraHol89,

I did front load everything including medicals, police checks, form 1221, and form 80. Any form that I could find that somebody mentioned them needing I just submitted in case. In addition, someone mentioned they were asked for an Australian Police check even though they had only ever visited Australia once for 3 weeks. Considering I've visited 7 times for 2-4 weeks at a time, I decided to go ahead and do this too just to be safe. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2018 at 20:51, Nemesis said:

Its a year from when you do them. So if you do them early, before they are actually requested, you are shortening the probable time you will get for validating. 

Hello Nemesis,

I lodged my application on July 12th and submitted all the forms and PCC except my medicals. Do you think its better to go ahead and get the medicals done or should i wait for a CO to actually request that from me? 

I am a bit confused as i am also reading that once the CO contacts you for anything then you go back in the pool and will be waiting again for a long time. 

Also, i am seeing a lot of Direct grants. So this means these applicants have uploaded all the required documents upfront yeah?

Would be great if anyone could provide some clarification. 

Thanks,

Sonia 

Hi Sonia

From what I have read I don't think you have to submit medicals at the start so I don't think you go back into the pool, it will obviously take a little longer with having to get your medicals done and sent through.

I was asking as I want enough time to save up cash before emigrating.

I thought you had 2 years to validate your visa but it's 1 year from submitting your medicals.

• 2 weeks later...

I had CO contact today after 126 days asking for Meds, even though we uploaded them on same day as Lodgement back on March 20th!!  Very frustrating but cant change it now, they have been resent today.   How long does everyone thing it will take CO to respond / Grant visa?   Thanks, much appreciated!