189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Guest Cristina

Guest Cristina

Hi all,

I thought I would start a new topic for people with 189/190 visas lodged in the months of November and December 2017, in order to share our timelines and experience with the process.

We lodged our 189 visa on the 22nd December 2017 and haven't heard anything back yet. We are hoping we can get a direct grant (without CO contact) since we front loaded all the required documentation and also because the lodgement was done via a migration agent so we are confident on the application being correct and complete.

We were hoping we could get a grant by the start of March but we have seen today that the processing times on the Home Affairs website have been significantly increased (from 5-8 months to 9-12 months) so we are a bit upset about this.

If anybody around here has similar timelines it would be great to hear your experience.

Thanks

Cristina

Guest Cristina

@DeSab, when did you submit your medicals? If you upload info later on in the process (later than 2-3 weeks after you lodged your application) it can cause delays. Have you been contacted by a CO at all? At the moment, they are giving direct grants to visas lodged towards the end of November (the latest one I have seen is from the 26th Nov).

On 22/02/2018 at 23:25, Cristina said:
[mention=264063]DeSab[/mention], when did you submit your medicals? If you upload info later on in the process (later than 2-3 weeks after you lodged your application) it can cause delays. Have you been contacted by a CO at all? At the moment, they are giving direct grants to visas lodged towards the end of November (the latest one I have seen is from the 26th Nov).

We had to send it to Mauritius to the embassy since we don't have e-medical in Seychelles. They received it early November. We did our application through an Agent AIS we have not got any updates yet.

Guest Cristina
On 22/02/2018 at 23:30, DeSab said:
On 22/02/2018 at 23:25, Cristina said:
[mention=264063]DeSab[/mention], when did you submit your medicals? If you upload info later on in the process (later than 2-3 weeks after you lodged your application) it can cause delays. Have you been contacted by a CO at all? At the moment, they are giving direct grants to visas lodged towards the end of November (the latest one I have seen is from the 26th Nov).

We had to send it to Mauritius to the embassy since we don't have e-medical in Seychelles. They received it early November. We did our application through an Agent AIS we have not got any updates yet.

I think in that case you might be in the queue with the November cases. I think if you submit further information after the case has already been picked up by a CO officer it goes back in the queue, which means another 3-4 months. You should get your grant very soon I think since they are granting a lot of November applications these days. Good luck!

Hi Christina

First of all, thanks for setting this thread up – its really useful to hear some encouraging stories given how long the wait has been.

I submitted what I believe to be a decision ready application on 8 December 2017 for an Accountant 189 visa.

Its encouraging to hear that November applications are getting some traction. 

Fingers crossed!

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Cristina,

I think we have a similar situation.

I got invited for 190 NSW as chef with 60 points.

On the 22 december my agent apply for the visa.

On the 8th January I sent all the poloce checks to my agent and also I had the medical control on that day.

Now im waiting;)

I read abput the direct grant and I hope to get it as I already provide all the documents (school diploma,ielts,cv,skill assessment).

Lets see.

Keep me posted

Ciao

Guest Cristina
5 hours ago, Evel1184 said:

Hi Christina

First of all, thanks for setting this thread up – its really useful to hear some encouraging stories given how long the wait has been.

I submitted what I believe to be a decision ready application on 8 December 2017 for an Accountant 189 visa.

Its encouraging to hear that November applications are getting some traction. 

Fingers crossed!

Andrew

@Evel1184 did you also do your health checks? Good luck in any case!

Guest Cristina
2 hours ago, Ronco88 said:

Hi Cristina,

I think we have a similar situation.

I got invited for 190 NSW as chef with 60 points.

On the 22 december my agent apply for the visa.

On the 8th January I sent all the poloce checks to my agent and also I had the medical control on that day.

Now im waiting;)

I read abput the direct grant and I hope to get it as I already provide all the documents (school diploma,ielts,cv,skill assessment).

Lets see.

Keep me posted

Ciao

@Ronco88 yes, we have got the same timeline! Did you also provide the employment evidence? I am also hoping for a direct grant next month. Good luck!

Guest Cristina

@Ronco88If you have claimed any experience points you will have to provide evidence of that professional experience. For example, I claimed 5 years of professional experience (10 points) and had to provide things like:

- Reference letter for all my roles by my corresponding employers.

- Tax returns for all those years.

- National insurance / social security reports for all those years.

I went the extra mile and did the professional experience verification with Engineers Australia when I did the skills assessment. This is something they do to corroborate that the experience you claim is true. So by asking a third party to confirm it, it's not only me but also a professional body backing up that experience. This was a separate addition to the skills assessment and had to pay for it separately but my migration agent recommended it in order to build a stronger case and to hopefully prevent the Home Affairs Dept to come back asking for further evidence.

Edited by Cristina

1 hour ago, Cristina said:

@Ronco88If you have claimed any experience points you will have to provide evidence of that professional experience. For example, I claimed 5 years of professional experience (10 points) and had to provide things like:

- Reference letter for all my roles by my corresponding employers.

- Tax returns for all those years.

- National insurance / social security reports for all those years.

I went the extra mile and did the professional experience verification with Engineers Australia when I did the skills assessment. This is something they do to corroborate that the experience you claim is true. So by asking a third party to confirm it, it's not only me but also a professional body backing up that experience. This was a separate addition to the skills assessment and had to pay for it separately but my migration agent recommended it in order to build a stronger case and to hopefully prevent the Home Affairs Dept to come back asking for further evidence.

Hi cristina,

I got what you mean.my agent sent all tge referece letters,payslip,contract and whatever I gave to RTA to do mt skill assessment. I also think she sent my school diploma with it. I Am in Australia with my second sponsor 457 at the moment witch means they can check there as well about my carreer.

Other than all these I dont think she sent anytging else.

We also sent 2 weeks ago my new passport as I had to renew just to anticipate them.

I dont honestly know what else they would like to have.

We submitted 5th Nov and then added medicals and police checks in early Jan. 

Got contacted by the CO Jan 26th with a request for an Australian Police Cert for my partner (even though he's only ever spent 3 weeks there - apparently its an updated requirement) plus form 80s. 

Returned the requested info on 7th Feb and have been chewing our fingernails since! 

Anyone know what the priority is for them looking at current applications vs picking up new ones? 

Guest Cristina
7 minutes ago, lbooth said:

We submitted 5th Nov and then added medicals and police checks in early Jan. 

Got contacted by the CO Jan 26th with a request for an Australian Police Cert for my partner (even though he's only ever spent 3 weeks there - apparently its an updated requirement) plus form 80s. 

Returned the requested info on 7th Feb and have been chewing our fingernails since! 

Anyone know what the priority is for them looking at current applications vs picking up new ones? 

@lbooth what do you mean it's an updated requirement? Did the CO tell you this? As far as I am aware you only need to provide police checks for the countries where you have lived for 1 year or more so that is very odd!

Now I am concerned myself since I lived in Italy for 5 months but didn't submit police checks as my migration agent didn't consider them necessary.

Also, how did they know your partner had lived in Oz if you hadn't submitted form 80 (which is where this info is normally provided)? Did you claim points for Aus study or work? Maybe they got confused with how long he lived there for?

Unfortunately, CO contact usually means another 3-4 months of wait :( I think you pretty much go back to the queue, no matter how quickly you provide the info requested. Quite unfair...

I think in that case you might be in the queue with the November cases. I think if you submit further information after the case has already been picked up by a CO officer it goes back in the queue, which means another 3-4 months. You should get your grant very soon I think since they are granting a lot of November applications these days. Good luck!
Hi Cristina our status is "Assesement In Progress" what does that mean?