189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Guest Cristina

Hi,

I applied for my 190 NSW nominated visa on 2Jan'18 and was contacted by CO for the following-

You claimed to have a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering but have been assessed by ACS as an ICT Business Analyst. I noted that there was one subject in computing in your study. Please provide any additional qualification(s) or training in the IT areas.

________

Please guide since ACS assessment was via RPL route. I am planning to upload ACS approved RPL report, IT certifications etc. Any guidance on this would be helpful.

Guest Cristina
19 hours ago, Humble said:

Hey guys. I have a very similar case to most of you. Im a single applicant. Lodged last week of Nov and got contact 23 of feb for add info. Replied back with the docs on the 25th of feb. I have seen other forums and read u guys talking abt a immi tracker? Do you guy have any info how the process works? Or a way to estimate when the officers might pick a case they asked for more info? Thanks guys 

Hi @Humble,

How the process works is a mystery for all of us but it seems they have stopped picking up new cases and they are concentrated on old cases that already got CO contact. It seems they almost cleared all backlog from September cases and they have moved to October cases that got CO contact at some point in Nov-Dec. No idea when they will move applications submitted in Nov-Dec again but I hope it is soon since we have been waiting for longer than 3 months without a single word and it is extremely frustrating! It does not help the fact that they are not transparent at all about how the process works!

On ‎2018‎년 ‎2‎월 ‎23‎일 at 16:40, Ronco88 said:

Hi Cristina,

I think we have a similar situation.

I got invited for 190 NSW as chef with 60 points.

On the 22 december my agent apply for the visa.

On the 8th January I sent all the poloce checks to my agent and also I had the medical control on that day.

Now im waiting;)

I read abput the direct grant and I hope to get it as I already provide all the documents (school diploma,ielts,cv,skill assessment).

Lets see.

Keep me posted

Ciao

would you be able to share more about skilled assessment as a chef?

was it hard?

1 hour ago, SA CHEF said:

would you be able to share more about skilled assessment as a chef?

was it hard?

Not really I just send my school certificate,pay slips,references for the last 10 years and thats it.. plus of course they need documentations from ATO..just waited 3 months and got it....they basically says "yes u ve been a chef for longer than 3 years"

@Cristina  i check everyday and the situation is killing me....I applied on 22th december....all people on and before 22 are green (granted) or yellow (contacted)...23 and 24 started to get granted or contact.....what about me???

I cant even check my status as I did with my lawyer....is my lawyer getting notification if I get the grant or they need to check in myVevo everytime to know??

Thanks 

Guest Cristina
On 27/03/2018 at 18:51, Ronco88 said:

@Cristina  i check everyday and the situation is killing me....I applied on 22th december....all people on and before 22 are green (granted) or yellow (contacted)...23 and 24 started to get granted or contact.....what about me???

I cant even check my status as I did with my lawyer....is my lawyer getting notification if I get the grant or they need to check in myVevo everytime to know??

Thanks 

@Ronco88, it depends on what e-mail address was put as contact. It normally is the visa migration agent's address if you are applying through an agent so they will receive the notification and then will have to communicate it to you.

Guest Cristina
12 minutes ago, Humble said:

Hi @Cristina its frustrating indeed. Have you heard from the CO at all? Maybe you have uploaded all its needed and they just going thro that?

Hi @Humble, it's just that they are clearing the backlog of old cases they had. At the moment, they're giving priority to 190s over 189s. 189 visas are quite stuck. Back in February, they stopped picking up new 189 visas (at which point they were granting visas with date of 26th November) and trying to clear all cases prior to that  Nov submission date. So all of us that submitted application after the 26th Nov have to wait due to a significant number of old cases being accumulated at their desks. My case has probably not even been picked up at all, no matter how complete or good the application is.

Edited by Cristina

26 minutes ago, Cristina said:

@Ronco88, it depends on what e-mail address was put as contact. It normally is the visa migration agent's address if you are applying through an agent so they will receive the notification and then will have to communicate it to you.

Thanks for that...go back to wait so ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cristina

Hopefully they will start picking up new cases soon. The wait is just ridiculous! Back when we applied (Dec 17), people were getting direct grants within 2 months. During some other periods last year, people were even getting grants within 1 month! I really don't know what's going on but it seems the wait is for at least 4-5 months before even the case is picked up! It's crazy, especially considering that these visas are quite expensive so you would expect a better service!

50 minutes ago, Humble said:

Do you guys mind sharing your timelines and occupations? I spoke to a ma today and he said some occupations like accounting eg might wait till next financial year which means after june 30. Quite sad tbh 

I gather accountants are currently not being invited due to being oversubscribed, and there are many in oz already struggling to find work.  Not sad, but practical. Why grant visas to people who haven't much chance of finding work when they get to oz?

2 hours ago, Humble said:

Fair point but then lots of ppl have lodged their applications and met the requirements. Why have the occupation listed on the first plc?

One of the myseries of migration, I guess, though it has been flagged for removal for some time. 

Guest Cristina
25 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

One of the myseries of migration, I guess, though it has been flagged for removal for some time. 

I think the wait for the Accountants is for the invite, not for the grant. As far as I am aware, once you pay your application fees, all that matters is your documentation being correct and complete and your lodgement date. Number of points and occupation don't play a part on how long you wait for the grant as far as I know from discussions with my migration agent and from what I have read in forums, immigration websites and the DHA website itself. The binding conditions for the visa are those applicable at the time of lodgement. For example, even if they removed the Accountants from the occupations list, all visas that had been already lodged prior to the removal would still be granted. Otherwise, it would be extremely unfair! People put lots of money, effort and time into visa applications and conditions should not change retrospectively.

@Humble, in regards to timelines and occupation, I applied as Chemical Engineer, main applicant plus my partner who is a Software Engineer, as a dependant. We lodged the application on 22nd December 2017 and finished submitting health checks and police checks mid January 2018. We haven't heard from the department so far.

If you are interested, I regularly check the news section of Iscah, which is a migration services company. They regularly put news about certain occupations and they have published news about the Accountant occupation several times. The website is http://www.iscah.com/news-page/ Hope this helps.

Hi I read somewhere (maybe even immigration website), about the timeline of the visa 189 190. They were saying something like 90/100 days is the max time whete the CO start to look into the application.

Also something about priority of applications made before the 22 December...

Can someone address me to that page please.

Thanks

Morning all,

I’ve been following this thread but not commented up until now, just wanted to give you all a little hope!

I’ve just had THE phone call from the visa agents, our 189 visa has just been granted. :D

Application went in 1st November, 1st CO contact mid jan, uploaded extra info (including form 89 which we were asked for) immediately, and granted today. It’s a 189 visa for chef, I had 65 points, plus my husband and 2 young kids. 

we have to move by 23rd October due to when medicals run out so it’s all getting VERY exciting.

We were over there in Feb/March sorting where we’d like to live, jobs etc and it was amazing, can’t wait to get over there and get stuck in to life.

Keep the faith, 189s ARE being granted. Sorry for all the capitals, I am so excited just now.

is it wrong to crack open the champagne for breakfast??

• Like 1

Guest Cristina
On 11/04/2018 at 18:18, maxia066 said:

Morning all,

I’ve been following this thread but not commented up until now, just wanted to give you all a little hope!

I’ve just had THE phone call from the visa agents, our 189 visa has just been granted. :D

Application went in 1st November, 1st CO contact mid jan, uploaded extra info (including form 89 which we were asked for) immediately, and granted today. It’s a 189 visa for chef, I had 65 points, plus my husband and 2 young kids. 

we have to move by 23rd October due to when medicals run out so it’s all getting VERY exciting.

We were over there in Feb/March sorting where we’d like to live, jobs etc and it was amazing, can’t wait to get over there and get stuck in to life.

Keep the faith, 189s ARE being granted. Sorry for all the capitals, I am so excited just now.

is it wrong to crack open the champagne for breakfast??

Congratulations @maxia066!!!!! It is great to see that people are getting their grants. Thank you for sharing your timelines. Good luck in Australia! Where are you heading to?

Also, have you got your case on the xxxxx (moderator removed) website? If so, it would be great! It's the only place where we can track visa processes and grants and it really keeps people's hopes alive to see that they are actually moving forward with November cases.

Guest Cristina
On 10/04/2018 at 05:13, Ronco88 said:

Hi I read somewhere (maybe even immigration website), about the timeline of the visa 189 190. They were saying something like 90/100 days is the max time whete the CO start to look into the application.

Also something about priority of applications made before the 22 December...

Can someone address me to that page please.

Thanks

Hi @Ronco88, I think the website below is the one you are referring to:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Cristina said:

Hi @Ronco88, I think the website below is the one you are referring to:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications

Hope this helps.

Yes this one thanks. So I applied on the 22 december for 190 (with all the medical/police documentations )witch means im not in the priority group right? Also they removed the 90/100 days for the direct grant...;( 110 days today and still nothing