6 hours ago, woody2709 said:

Are there rules etc that you have to fly directly into the state that you received your nomination from? Looking at flying into perth to buy a vehicle then driving it to darwin, my 489 is for NT.

No you can arrive at whatever airport tke your fancy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, woody2709 said:

Are there rules etc that you have to fly directly into the state that you received your nomination from? Looking at flying into perth to buy a vehicle then driving it to darwin, my 489 is for NT.

Is there a special reason to buy a vehicle from Perth?

On 09/03/2018 at 07:58, Claudette said:

Hi just joined this site visa 489 with qld my timeline so far is

Vetasses complete Oct 2017

EOI applied 11/01/18 accepted 15/01/18

Nomination for qld applied 23/01/18 accepted 25/01/18

Applied for visa 2/2/18 

Co on 5th may for health and pc

Submitted 4 the June

Visa granted today 18th June

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Claudette said:
On 09/03/2018 at 13:28, Claudette said:

Hi just joined this site visa 489 with qld my timeline so far is

Vetasses complete Oct 2017

EOI applied 11/01/18 accepted 15/01/18

Nomination for qld applied 23/01/18 accepted 25/01/18

Applied for visa 2/2/18 

Co on 5th may for health and pc

Submitted 4 the June

Visa granted today 18th June

Congratulations.....just a question had'nt u submitted health and pc while submitting your visa?

1 hour ago, Adaa said:

Congratulations.....just a question had'nt u submitted health and pc while submitting your visa?

No out agent told us to wait for request from CO not sure why but 4.5 months not bad we was told September so was really surprised 

Hi.

Can someone pls advise me in subclass 489 - tasmania. Once grant received we can work in any occupation or it has to be in the nominated occupation. I m asking this from a subclass 887 perspective as I don't want to mess up with that as it is a hope for pr.

Also I m unable to find any information about above query on dibp too. 

4 hours ago, Sagga said:

Hi.

Can someone pls advise me in subclass 489 - tasmania. Once grant received we can work in any occupation or it has to be in the nominated occupation. I m asking this from a subclass 887 perspective as I don't want to mess up with that as it is a hope for pr.

Also I m unable to find any information about above query on dibp too. 

The information is on the dibp website. You can work in any occupation. Heres the link https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/887/eligibility-living-requirement.aspx

8 hours ago, woody2709 said:

The information is on the dibp website. You can work in any occupation. Heres the link https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/887/eligibility-living-requirement.aspx

@Sagga  as far as my knowledge goes its not a mandatory requirement to work in the same field as your occupation and it wont jeopardize your future prospects of getting a PR. This is what I got to know from my agent for SA state nomination. All the best. 

When are you making the move? Do you also have the option of working in other low population areas or have to stick to Tasmania only?

Edited by KPG

@Sagga  as far as my knowledge goes its not a mandatory requirement to work in the same field as your occupation and it wont jeopardize your future prospects of getting a PR. This is what I got to know from my agent for SA state nomination. All the best. 
When are you making the move? Do you also have the option of working in other low population areas or have to stick to Tasmania only?
I'm flying out in a few weeks to Darwin. Not 100% about staying in other areas/states but I'm going to stick to the NT regardless for the foreseeable future.

On 21/06/2018 at 08:53, woody2709 said:
On 21/06/2018 at 07:26, KPG said:

I'm flying out in a few weeks to Darwin. Not 100% about staying in other areas/states but I'm going to stick to the NT regardless for the foreseeable future.

All the best @woody2709

On 22/06/2018 at 17:46, woody2709 said:
On 22/06/2018 at 17:32, Adaa said:
enjoy ur new life [mention=263143]woody2709[/mention]

Thanks KPG, what are your future plans

@woody2709 we are doing our first landing next week and will have a look at some suburbs, schools etc.. We plan to make our final move in Q4 later this year. Job hunt is going to be challenging so a bit apprehensive about that.

What are your plans like?

I have a question on state nominated 489.. in order to be eligible for a PR one has to show at least 1 year full time employment in the fist 2 years so can one:

- own and run a business as a partner?

- be a franchise owner?

Would that be considered as full time employment?

Thank you.

13 hours ago, KPG said:

@woody2709 we are doing our first landing next week and will have a look at some suburbs, schools etc.. We plan to make our final move in Q4 later this year. Job hunt is going to be challenging so a bit apprehensive about that.

What are your plans like?

I fly out next week permanently. Very excited

30 minutes ago, woody2709 said:

How are you getting on with your visa?

I have an EOI in for a 189 and 190 NSW. I am hoping the 489 points requirement will reduce from 90 in July. I have 70.

I will get 5 extra points in December so that is a plus.