187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi All
Timeline
Applies for RCB - June 2016
Approved in August 2016
Applied for both nomination and visa in October 2016.
Further documents requested from both on 7th June 2017.
Documents submitted on 4th July.
Nomination granted on 14th July.
Pcc requested on 14th July.
Submitted on 18th July.

now waiting for 2Vac.
SA
PRACTICE MANAGER
DE 
Hi friend, I use to go through with this pomsinoz everyday and I thought my timeline will may helps others too.

Lucky atleast u know your file has been opened i m waiting from april 2016
Rcb granted in march 2016 still waiting for nomination [emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

A petition for what and to whom? Do remember that immigration is a political hot potato at the moment and a huge amount - very likely a majority of Australians would like to see much bigger cuts to migration as a minimum. At a time when money for services is at a premium such as health, police and others, a petition to get more cash to speed up migrants visas would be unpopular with voters to say the least. 

Verystormy - may I challenge you here and wonder if it is not your own opinion you are expressing instead of the opinion of "the majority of Australians"?

The governement has approved an intake of 190,000 permanent residents for the year 2017-2018: http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/05/10/2017-2018-skilled-migration-intake-announced

There is absolutely no reasons for them to slow down processing visas.

When things are presented correctly to people, then people are unlikely to disagree. So I do not think that reaching out to the press or creating a petition is such a bad idea. Applications should be processed in a timely fashion because humans are behind these applications. Each human deserve a minimum of respect and consideration.

Immigrants are a huge source of revenue for Australia like they are for any country. So it would be great if immigrants could be seen as people instead of being treated like some kind of unwelcome plague. This is starting to become quite inappropriate.

Edited by jess6
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, jess6 said:

Verystormy - may I challenge you here and wonder if it is not your own opinion you are expressing instead of the opinion of "the majority of Australians"?

The governement has approved an intake of 190,000 permanent residents for the year 2017-2018: http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/05/10/2017-2018-skilled-migration-intake-announced

When things are presented correctly to people, then people are unlikely to disagree. So I do not think that reaching out to the press or creating a petition is such a bad idea. Applications should be processed in a timely fashion because humans are behind these applications. Each human deserve a minimum of respect and consideration.

Immigrants are a huge source of revenue for Australia like they are for any country. So it would be great if immigrants could be seen as people instead of being treated like some kind of unwelcome plague. This is starting to become quite inappropriate.

And having lived in Australia for many years I can tell you that a large part of the population is anti-immigration, they see jobs going to foreigners instead of to ozzies, they see immigrants getting welfare, benefits and pensions, they see immigrants getting criminal records but being allowed to stay in spite of government promises, and the overwhelming impression I came away with was that your average ozzie on the street does not want the doors opened to more immigrants. To think that a majority of the population would sign petitions to speed up visa processing is just not realistic. Nor do ozzies care how long it takes someone to get a visa, its of no consequence to them, and most of them have absolutely no knowledge of the visa system anyway - why should they/.

42 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

And having lived in Australia for many years I can tell you that a large part of the population is anti-immigration, they see jobs going to foreigners instead of to ozzies, they see immigrants getting welfare, benefits and pensions, they see immigrants getting criminal records but being allowed to stay in spite of government promises, and the overwhelming impression I came away with was that your average ozzie on the street does not want the doors opened to more immigrants. To think that a majority of the population would sign petitions to speed up visa processing is just not realistic. Nor do ozzies care how long it takes someone to get a visa, its of no consequence to them, and most of them have absolutely no knowledge of the visa system anyway - why should they/.

Right. But they are more happy let in skilled people than people who don't have any other option. I do have many other options. Compared to other people here in the forum, praying is not one of them. I just pick one of the other countries with high salary and life quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

I am happy to see that you are connected to over 10 million people :)

By the way, if you are so convinced it won't work why are you trying to discourage people to do it then? :) 

You see I have been living in Australia several years, my partner is Australian and I have a complete different experience.

Finally to answer your points:

1) Many Australians are aware of the visa system for a simple reason: Many of them are immigrants, partners of immigrants or immigrants' children...

2) Immigrants are not stealing Australian people jobs - companies hire skilled immigrants when they have no other choices.

3) Temporary immigrants do not have access to the social system in Australia.  

I still believe that if you present information in the right way, people will see people realities and be compassionate.

I do not believe that Australians are not a bunch of heartless people...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YNNUS said:

Hi All

Timeline

Applies for RCB - June 2016

Approved in August 2016

Applied for both nomination and visa in October 2016.

Further documents requested from both on 7th June 2017.

Documents submitted on 4th July.

Nomination granted on 14th July.

Pcc requested on 14th July.

Submitted on 18th July.

now waiting for 2Vac.

SA

PRACTICE MANAGER

DE 

Hi friend, I use to go through with this pomsinoz everyday and I thought my timeline will may helps others too.

congrats bro... you will get pr soon....

11 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

A petition for what and to whom? Do remember that immigration is a political hot potato at the moment and a huge amount - very likely a majority of Australians would like to see much bigger cuts to migration as a minimum. At a time when money for services is at a premium such as health, police and others, a petition to get more cash to speed up migrants visas would be unpopular with voters to say the least. 

Thank you. What should we do then?

I might speculate now but what if for high risk occupations immi has decided to process onshore applications after 2 years of employment to make sure businesses still operates for the entire period that we are supposed to work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, ozG said:

Right. But they are more happy let in skilled people than people who don't have any other option. I do have many other options. Compared to other people here in the forum, praying is not one of them. I just pick one of the other countries with high salary and life quality.

Yes, they prefer skilled people, but it isn't as simple as that. For example, I remember the unions organising massive protests at airports only a few years ago against migrant workers working FIFO. I was one of said migrants and was very happy to go toe to toe and point out that I was a geoscientist whose team of mainly migrants had just discovered the Tropicana gold deposit which would not have been found without us and would now employ 2000 Australians. But they didn't care. They just see jobs for individuals and with some justification. Unemployment in a number of areas is getting an issue. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jess6 said:

I think you have missed my point. Yes, the department have approved an intake. The minister, I can assure will remain at arms length. 

I am not saying migration is wrong or saying such a petition is wrong in principle. But that migration in Australia, like many other countries is now such a huge hot potato, getting a politician to say they need to be committing resources to it would be impossible. At the moment in Australia, you have Hanson who has gained a lot of ground politically calling for a total ban on migration. 

You have states such as WA with climbing unemployment but still taking a lot of migrants. 

So, getting any politician to say, at a time when cuts are being made to resources, "We need to spend more money bringing in more migrants" would be a career ending statement. 

17 hours ago, Sonusihag said:

Thank you. What should we do then?

All you can do is wait.  I know the long processing times are frustrating and for some people it means they need to change their plans or options they thought they had have now vanished.  But to shorten processing times DIBP would need to hire significantly more staff.  Who's going to pay for this?  Taxpayers will not be willing to and visa applicants are already complaining about the high cost of the application fees.

• Like 2

AUSTRALIA VISA PROCESSING TIME TO INCREASE BECAUSE OF STAFF CUTS AND MASSIVE INCREASE IN NEW APPLICATIONS AND SECRETARY TO DIBP SAID TIME BOUND VISA PROCESSING IS NOT GUARANTEED WHICH MEANS WEBSITE SHOWING GLOBAL PROCESSING TIME IS OF NO USE

Visa Wait Times to Increase Following DIBP Staff Cuts

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has confirmed that wait times for Australian visas and citizenship applications are only going to worsen, thanks to hundreds of staff cuts, a massive spike in the number of lodgements being made, and the ongoing shift to greater automation.

The secretary for the Department of Immigration, Mike Pezzullo, told Senate Estimates last week that he would offer no guarantee that wait times would not increase for citizenship, refugee or permanent residency visas.

However, Pezzullo claims that the issue does not concern him as he takes an “aggregated view” of the issue, nominating the threat of potentially returning foreign military insurgents and the challenge of ensuring counter-terrorism units are adequately equipped as more pressing concerns.

“At a human level, you don’t want anyone to wait for a government decision any longer than is absolutely necessary,” Pezzullo said.

“If some folks have to wait a little bit longer then so be it.”

“In a circumstances of constrained resources which applies to all government departments—because the Government’s got a strategy around deficit and debt reduction—all agencies have to then make choices about potentially growing some areas and then cutting other areas,” he said.

Pezzullo told the Senate committee that 355 staff from the visa and citizenship department have been lost since the beginning of the financial year, with the DIBP choosing to redirect its manpower to counter-terrorism efforts. He characterized the Department’s stance on border protection as of paramount importance, saying that even if more staff and funding becomes available it will most likely not be used to improve visa processing times.

Retail Manager
Nom & Visa 29/04/2016
HR,QLD

13 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I think you have missed my point. Yes, the department have approved an intake. The minister, I can assure will remain at arms length. 

I am not saying migration is wrong or saying such a petition is wrong in principle. But that migration in Australia, like many other countries is now such a huge hot potato, getting a politician to say they need to be committing resources to it would be impossible. At the moment in Australia, you have Hanson who has gained a lot of ground politically calling for a total ban on migration. 

You have states such as WA with climbing unemployment but still taking a lot of migrants. 

So, getting any politician to say, at a time when cuts are being made to resources, "We need to spend more money bringing in more migrants" would be a career ending statement. 

Fair point.

Populism is not a solution to nationalist populism though. Education is probably a better option - but not cheaper short term for sure.

After 5 years in Australia and 4 different PMs - if I remember well - I wish the Australian system would be more grounded and stable.

With the current system, politicians are constantly in "campaign mode" - and sometimes "stabbing in the back mode" - instead of being in "government mode". 

It really prevents the government to lay out a long term strategy. Instead, we see constant short terms moves and short sighted tactics aiming at increasing popularity instead of focusing on a long term plan. A country is not a start-up and it would be great to educate people on why immigration is important for Australia instead on putting the blame on it. 

3 hours ago, Jamie03 said:

AUSTRALIA VISA PROCESSING TIME TO INCREASE BECAUSE OF STAFF CUTS AND MASSIVE INCREASE IN NEW APPLICATIONS AND SECRETARY TO DIBP SAID TIME BOUND VISA PROCESSING IS NOT GUARANTEED WHICH MEANS WEBSITE SHOWING GLOBAL PROCESSING TIME IS OF NO USE

Visa Wait Times to Increase Following DIBP Staff Cuts

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has confirmed that wait times for Australian visas and citizenship applications are only going to worsen, thanks to hundreds of staff cuts, a massive spike in the number of lodgements being made, and the ongoing shift to greater automation.

The secretary for the Department of Immigration, Mike Pezzullo, told Senate Estimates last week that he would offer no guarantee that wait times would not increase for citizenship, refugee or permanent residency visas.

However, Pezzullo claims that the issue does not concern him as he takes an “aggregated view” of the issue, nominating the threat of potentially returning foreign military insurgents and the challenge of ensuring counter-terrorism units are adequately equipped as more pressing concerns.

“At a human level, you don’t want anyone to wait for a government decision any longer than is absolutely necessary,” Pezzullo said.

“If some folks have to wait a little bit longer then so be it.”

“In a circumstances of constrained resources which applies to all government departments—because the Government’s got a strategy around deficit and debt reduction—all agencies have to then make choices about potentially growing some areas and then cutting other areas,” he said.

Pezzullo told the Senate committee that 355 staff from the visa and citizenship department have been lost since the beginning of the financial year, with the DIBP choosing to redirect its manpower to counter-terrorism efforts. He characterized the Department’s stance on border protection as of paramount importance, saying that even if more staff and funding becomes available it will most likely not be used to improve visa processing times.

Retail Manager
Nom & Visa 29/04/2016
HR,QLD

This article is from May - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-22/citizenship,-visa-grant-waiting-times-may-increase/8548012

• Like 1

Hi, guys, just a quick update, finish 16 months today and start 17 months. Don't think I should happy just because my case has been open. It makes no different until your PR granted. My file open 3.5 months before, and now still waiting.

3 minutes ago, Hakan said:

Hi guys,

Did anyone have any problem with getting in and out of country while on bridging visa waiting for their files to open?

What happens if you apply for 187 onshore and get refused while offshore? Any ideas??

The bridging visa would cease when the refusal is made and you would not be able to return.

I suggest you speak to an agent as your location at the time of decision may also affect any appeal rights.

32 minutes ago, Hakan said:

Hi guys,

Did anyone have any problem with getting in and out of country while on bridging visa waiting for their files to open?

What happens if you apply for 187 onshore and get refused while offshore? Any ideas??

You need a Bridging Visa B to go overseas. It's probably best to talk to an agent.

33 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

The bridging visa would cease when the refusal is made and you would not be able to return.

I suggest you speak to an agent as your location at the time of decision may also affect any appeal rights.

My MA says that i have to be physically br in Au to appeal to any decision in 28 days. And the bridging visa b would allow me to come back in. My main concern is this what they call "immigration clearance". Not sure what this is but according to MA, this is the only thing that they cant rule out. 

I need to go to overseas for a week and i dint want to live a nightmare on the way back.

3 hours ago, Raymond said:

Hi, guys, just a quick update, finish 16 months today and start 17 months. Don't think I should happy just because my case has been open. It makes no different until your PR granted. My file open 3.5 months before, and now still waiting.

It is super frustrating but at least someone is looking at it. Have you or your MA contacted the deparment for a status update?

Has your nomination been approved?

I personally got super happy two days ago just knowing someone is looking at it. I think it's important to celebrate each step that brings us closer to an final answer.