187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

On 20/05/2019 at 17:01, MNT said:

I had the same Document Request from Case Officer. My MA suggested to do an RPL for my Overseas Qualification. So I did RPL and submitted on the 9th of May along with other documents. 

Still nothing from them....

Hi mnt, I I got email from immigration today asking for same 3 years post qualification experience. Up to today’s date I have 34 months of post qualification experience. I don’t know what to do my agent is not answering my call. 

59 minutes ago, Sam31 said:

I want to share good news with you guys, finally after 24 months I have received my golden email on 16/05/19. 

RCB: 17/04/17

Nomination: 14/05/17

Visa: 16/05/17 

Nomination approval: 20/02/19 (no request) 

S56: 20/02/19 updated health checks and police checks 

requested docs submitted on 08/03/19

S56 second request: 28/03/19 English test and again AFP (IELTS score as officer mentioned it has expired they require new ones, my MA sent an email to DOHA that according to legislation applicant only requires competent English at the  time of submission. As expected no reply received from department I rushed to appear for IELTS, I sat for L/R/W but same day we gotta reply from Department that they don’t require IELTS but what’s a point I already paid for an exam and you can imagine the trauma I was carrying out). 

Anyways another S56 (i was like seriously)- 08/04/19 now they want me to send PCC for New Zealand (as I declared on my application I visited twice for less than 20 days in total because my wife is from NZ, as far as I know about  current legislation you must submit PCC if you have lived in a country for more than 90 days. Any how I contacted Ministry of Justice NZ  about police check they processed my request same day without any charge. How helpful are they! 

Submitted NZ PCC on 09/04/19 

finally after good 24 months I received great news! Remember my submission date? (16/05/17) PR granted on 16/05/17.

State: WA 

Processing team: Team 07 WA (4 case officers) 

Organisation: Non-profit 

organisation sponsored 10+ employees for 187 

All nominations approved same day on 20/02/19 therefore, 3 employees received grant notices. 

Immigration visited and did detail inquiry about the business, genuine need and duties of each employee. 

My personal experience with immigration is not great as I have seen some people applied after me received decisions 2-3 months earlier than mine, which confirms DOHA do not have a transparent and straightforward mechanism. 

My dear friends let me tell you how hard I waited for this grant, I used to check Immi account at least three times a day but there were days when I wanted to withdraw my application because of processing time. As we all know 187 is all about waiting game and I am sure many of you have families (kids etc) this waiting is creating  more and more stress everyday but again enjoy your life with your family we don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow. 

Never doubt your abilities for a moment in life...Wish you good luck and ALL THE BEST!!!

Congratulations 

I want to share good news with you guys, finally after 24 months I have received my golden email on 16/05/19. 
S56 second request: 28/03/19 English test and again AFP (IELTS score as officer mentioned it has expired they require new ones, my MA sent an email to DOHA that according to legislation applicant only requires competent English at the  time of submission. As expected no reply received from department I rushed to appear for IELTS, I sat for L/R/W but same day we gotta reply from Department that they don’t require IELTS but what’s a point I already paid for an exam and you can imagine the trauma I was carrying out). 
Anyways another S56 (i was like seriously)- 08/04/19 now they want me to send PCC for New Zealand (as I declared on my application I visited twice for less than 20 days in total because my wife is from NZ, as far as I know about  current legislation you must submit PCC if you have lived in a country for more than 90 days. Any how I contacted Ministry of Justice NZ  about police check they processed my request same day without any charge. How helpful are they! 
finally after good 24 months I received great news! Remember my submission date? (16/05/17) PR granted on 16/05/17.
All nominations approved same day on 20/02/19 therefore, 3 employees received grant notices. 
Immigration visited and did detail inquiry about the business, genuine need and duties of each employee. 
My personal experience with immigration is not great as I have seen some people applied after me received decisions 2-3 months earlier than mine, which confirms DOHA do not have a transparent and straightforward mechanism. 
My dear friends let me tell you how hard I waited for this grant, I used to check Immi account at least three times a day but there were days when I wanted to withdraw my application because of processing time. As we all know 187 is all about waiting game and I am sure many of you have families (kids etc) this waiting is creating  more and more stress everyday but again enjoy your life with your family we don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow. 
Never doubt your abilities for a moment in life...Wish you good luck and ALL THE BEST!
Wonderful news and it's it is such a coincidence for the same date.

I am happy for your have success I am glad that you have written it with your heart .

I wish you all the best for your future .
please pray for us also
  • Congratulations 1

8 hours ago, Ddl said:

Hi mnt, I I got email from immigration today asking for same 3 years post qualification experience. Up to today’s date I have 34 months of post qualification experience. I don’t know what to do my agent is not answering my call. 

Hey DDL...

for me Case Officer didn’t ask for 3 years experience, he asked to prove my Overseas Qualification is equivalent to atleast a Diploma Level on AQF Level. So for that I did RPL to prove it. Also Immigration cannot ask such thing from me, because I lodged my Nomination and Visa in 2016... 

Hope your case is that you applied for your Visa after March 2018, that’s why Case Officer is asking for 3yrs Experience, coz after March 2018 they put a condition as min 3yrs experience required.

10 hours ago, Sam31 said:

I want to share good news with you guys, finally after 24 months I have received my golden email on 16/05/19. 

Never doubt your abilities for a moment in life...Wish you good luck and ALL THE BEST!!!

Hi Sam31

Congratulations 

They ask heath check only yours or ur wife aswell

Thanks

12 hours ago, Ddl said:

Hi wondering aloud, thank you for your response. Where can I find main visa chat page?

Click on the poms in oz logo at the top of the page. Then ‘Australia visa chat’, and create new topic. 

You almost did it, you posted your question in someone else’s post, start your own topic. 

But tbh, I think all you can do is submit what you have and hope they accept it.

12 hours ago, Ddl said:

Hi tosh14, yes it is 3 years work experience but I thought it’s overall 3 years experience not post qualification. I just calculated and now I have 34 months of post qualification experience. Does this work or it has to be 3 years when I applied? 

You must meet the criteria for the visa on the day that you submit the application.  If you do not meet the criteria, an appeal will not be successful.  I'd suggest you speak with a registered migration agent on how to best proceed, but you will likely need to withdraw your application and submit a new one if you now meet the criteria.

3 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Click on the poms in oz logo at the top of the page. Then ‘Australia visa chat’, and create new topic. 

You almost did it, you posted your question in someone else’s post, start your own topic. 

But tbh, I think all you can do is submit what you have and hope they accept it.

Thanks for responding.

3 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You must meet the criteria for the visa on the day that you submit the application.  If you do not meet the criteria, an appeal will not be successful.  I'd suggest you speak with a registered migration agent on how to best proceed, but you will likely need to withdraw your application and submit a new one if you now meet the criteria.

Thanks for responding.

15 hours ago, Sam31 said:

Congratulations to you! Thank you to write this in very details. I think most people on this forum are very stressful and thankful for all the kind replies and writings.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:

Guys suggest me also.

Further assessment from 07th dec.
Nominations not cleared yet.
Extra papers submitted.

Total time 26months from march 2017.

Stress level = Crazy.

Contacted dept - they told to wait

What should I do?

What your agent saying, or you can complain online as we saw on this forum, 

• Like 1

Bad news, Nomination got refused. Here is my timeline.

Restaurant Manager / NSW regional area / DE pathway / Offshore / HR country

RCB APPLIED: 7 Nov 2017

RCB APPROVED: 17 Jan 2018

Nomination and Visa LODGED: 9 Feb 2018  

Nomination refused: 21/05/2019

Reasons: "However, I note that open source information shows that the business is run by both husband and wife as partners of the business and that the restaurant is a well- established family business in XXX, New South Wales. The owner confirms this in his statement addressing need; describing the fact that “XXX Restaurant is a family owned business and run by partnership.” I give weight to the fact that even though the nominated position may coordinate aspects of the daily operation of the restaurant, it is the partners and business owners who control, direct and have overall financial responsibility for the business as described in the ANZSCO description of the nominated position."

Really feel frustrated after waiting more than one year and get the bad news😂

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Richard 187 said:

Bad news, Nomination got refused. Here is my timeline.

Restaurant Manager / NSW regional area / DE pathway / Offshore / HR country

RCB APPLIED: 7 Nov 2017

RCB APPROVED: 17 Jan 2018

Nomination and Visa LODGED: 9 Feb 2018  

Nomination refused: 21/05/2019

Reasons: "However, I note that open source information shows that the business is run by both husband and wife as partners of the business and that the restaurant is a well- established family business in XXX, New South Wales. The owner confirms this in his statement addressing need; describing the fact that “XXX Restaurant is a family owned business and run by partnership.” I give weight to the fact that even though the nominated position may coordinate aspects of the daily operation of the restaurant, it is the partners and business owners who control, direct and have overall financial responsibility for the business as described in the ANZSCO description of the nominated position."

Really feel frustrated after waiting more than one year and get the bad news😂

Cafe and restaurant manager here - After 21 months, my nomination is refused. Applied 07/2017
Reasons: the business won't be able to pay for the next 2 years due to business in loss, no documents requested, the CO mentions in our nomination that there's no letter of explanation attached. We are really frustrated as we worked for the business 2 years already and the loss is due to the business sold another business. With a simple request for more documents, we are surely can explain the reason but the CO, initial S decided not to.

We decided to go on AAT.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

Cafe and restaurant manager here - After 21 months, my nomination is refused. Applied 07/2017
Reasons: the business won't be able to pay for the next 2 years due to business in loss, no documents requested, the CO mentions in our nomination that there's no letter of explanation attached. We are really frustrated as we worked for the business 2 years already and the loss is due to the business sold another business. With a simple request for more documents, we are surely can explain the reason but the CO, initial S decided not to.

We decided to go on AAT.

Same here, Restaurant Manager, refusal received yesterday after 17 months.

Reason: No genuine need.

We will appeal as there is 100% genuine need.

Looks like the CO spent 5 minutes on the file, made heaps of assumptions (some very stupid), overlooked facts and number, etc.

A very weak refusal, for a very strong case. Sad is- it will add 1-2 years to the waiting game but we’re not giving up.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Looks like the CO spent 5 minutes on the file, made heaps of assumptions (some very stupid), overlooked facts and number, etc.

A very weak refusal, for a very strong case. Sad is- it will add 1-2 years to the waiting game but we’re not giving up.

It seems like their new target is restaurant manager as I see a lot of refusal for restaurant managers here.

Don't give up, me too. They don't even let us to have a chance to provide more documents and just refuse immediately.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

plz suggest me about my qualification.

i applied as a restaurant manager in feb 2018. 

Currently on 482 with same employer. 

As I transferd my 457 to 482 when I changed employer. Because i got 457 with another employer. 

But my qualification is diploma of business. 

Is alright for restaurant manager rsms . 

As I already approved 457 and 482 with same qualification. 

Or i have to apply other study as Rpl?

plz suggest me .

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Bajajbajaj said:

Hi Guys, 

plz suggest me about my qualification.

i applied as a restaurant manager in feb 2018. 

Currently on 482 with same employer. 

As I transferd my 457 to 482 when I changed employer. Because i got 457 with another employer. 

But my qualification is diploma of business. 

Is alright for restaurant manager rsms . 

As I already approved 457 and 482 with same qualification. 

Or i have to apply other study as Rpl?

plz suggest me .

Thanks 

Diploma in business should be fine for a managerial role. I think you wouldn't have any problem unless you get a horrendous CO. 

• Sad 1

I am soo sorry to hear about your case Mila Mocha.

It is soo shocking to hear about you.
In this forum no one is more knowledgable then you.

I wish you strength and power to appeal .

My good wishes with you
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bikas88 said:

Hi,

My 2 workmates have had their nomination file approval yesterday and today. What are the chances that my nomination will be open soon?

Nomination is for the same position(cook). 

Regional NSW

Bikas88 it all depends on if all the applications were made at the same time. There is no guarantee that your file will be seen to even if they were submitted together. There are a few cases here on this forum where people who have applied after their colleagues but have got their nomination and visas much before. So unfortunately there is no rule of first come-first served. When did you apply for your application?

Edited by mark23
Typo

6 minutes ago, Rajat Babbar said:

I am soo sorry to hear about your case Mila Mocha.

It is soo shocking to hear about you.
In this forum no one is more knowledgable then you.

I wish you strength and power to appeal .

My good wishes with you

Yeah it's really sad to hear about your situation... infact the other day we were talking about hopefully we don't have to wait for 24months. I'm pretty sure you will win at the tribunal. All the very best!!! @MilaMocha

• Thanks 1