187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Am a silent reader here. Thought I see who else is in same shoe with me. I have applied for 187 visa post changes to the rules, in May precisely but am not clear yet on the requirements for 3years work experience, could this be a post study qualification experience or experience relavant to the nominated position. Does part time or overseas expereince count too.

Quick question : How I can check my nomination granted or not. Should I check on Immi account website after login? or agency only know about that?

When I loged in my immi account, it says "received". It means my nomination is still not assess yet. Is that right? Thank you for any advices.

22 minutes ago, Kim122017 said:

Quick question : How I can check my nomination granted or not. Should I check on Immi account website after login? or agency only know about that?

When I loged in my immi account, it says "received". It means my nomination is still not assess yet. Is that right? Thank you for any advices.

You can check on your visa status but unfortunately not the nomination. Your MA(if you have one) will inform you about your nomination 

6 hours ago, Daveyy said:

Am a silent reader here. Thought I see who else is in same shoe with me. I have applied for 187 visa post changes to the rules, in May precisely but am not clear yet on the requirements for 3years work experience, could this be a post study qualification experience or experience relavant to the nominated position. Does part time or overseas expereince count too.

Davey your question is not clear enough. Firstly you haven't stated what Occupation you have filed your 187 visa. There are 3 different routes to the 187, let's say you are applying through DE (direct entry) in this case you need to show either 3 years full time work experience or a relevant Australian qualifications to your field (Note- only one is required of the two either experience or qualifications is enough to apply). Secondly the other pathways to 187 can count your overseas work experience as long as it is more than 3-5 years, your part-time work can also be taken in to consideration if you have worked legally for 20 hrs/week while studying and can prove it through payslips. Hope this answers your question.

5 minutes ago, mark23 said:

Davey your question is not clear enough. Firstly you haven't stated what Occupation you have filed your 187 visa. There are 3 different routes to the 187, let's say you are applying through DE (direct entry) in this case you need to show either 3 years full time work experience or a relevant Australian qualifications to your field (Note- only one is required of the two either experience or qualifications is enough to apply). Secondly the other pathways to 187 can count your overseas work experience as long as it is more than 3-5 years, your part-time work can also be taken in to consideration if you have worked legally for 20 hrs/week while studying and can prove it through payslips. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks you did partly well to answer my question, but is this from your expereince or immi advise.

Okay here is my situation. I applied for DE 187 in May, 2018, got my visa and normination file both open 2 days ago with two seperate request, one is to provide " 3 years experience in nominated field along with Australian qualification(s). 

Am a qualified Social worker working in mental health field being working 2years and 3 months now post qualification as a social worker. Prior I have work more than 3years in related field, which is youth work coordinator in NY home country( reference letter already provided in my application submitted in May), more than 1year part tine expereince in Youth work in Australia( ref letter also submitted to this effect). All work expereince references are online with the ANZSCO for social work and infact I did one of my placement as in youth work which tells how much related the field. So am not sure why I have been ask again to provide this, though CO called my Immi lawyer to say they unable to see some of the documents uploaded , requested for re-upload, but am abit unsure how to interpret the request re 3years work expereince.

Sure any advise would help, especially from those going through this issue

11 hours ago, Daveyy said:

I am in the same boat. I applied 187 visa on July 2018. According to my knowledge, experience should be after your qualification. 

1 hour ago, Sonia kaur said:

I am in the same boat. I applied 187 visa on July 2018. According to my knowledge, experience should be after your qualification. 

Unfortunately the immigration person I spoke it was unable to verify this, said its state work related experiences, if not otherwise it would have been specified. Am in a limbo here

Hi I am a silent reader too and would like to share my case. 

I applied for 187 DE/ Accountant-General. Nomination and visa application were both lodged in July 2017. All required documents were completed before lodging thinking processing will take the normal processing during that time (6 mos).

It took DOHA 19 months to open my file. Nomination got approved last week without scrutiny. Business financials were updated every quarter since lodgement.

Visa is currently on initial assessment and  DOHA is requesting for updated AFP check and medicals because initial documents got expired.

They are also asking for evidence of registration/license or non-requirement to hold. I have prepared documents and legislation to support my claim for non requirement.

Is there anyone with similar case? I may have missed information for the evidence required and any inputs will be highly appreciated?

9 minutes ago, Daveyy said:

11 minutes ago, Daveyy said:

Unfortunately the immigration person I spoke it was unable to verify this, said its state work related experiences, if not otherwise it would have been specified. Am in a limbo here

You had applied rsms visa 187 , the work experience required by 187 is same for all the states unless you are exempted. You had to check your occupation requirements under rsms visa on the home affairs website. 

13 hours ago, RazzArora said:

You can check on your visa status but unfortunately not the nomination. Your MA(if you have one) will inform you about your nomination 

So I was wondering if someone said my nomination approved. How people knew about that? Is agency told them? or they got the email from immigration?

51 minutes ago, Sonia kaur said:

Thank you Sonia,

I think I might just wait to see if what I have submitted is not enough. Related work expereince is what is required, it doesnt say post certification experience. I have my case file open and that is just one thing that I need more knowledge about. I did call the 131 immi number and I was told I should be fine, as it i only need a work expereince under same umbrella as with my normination.

1 hour ago, Mantaray said:

Hi I am a silent reader too and would like to share my case. 

I applied for 187 DE/ Accountant-General. Nomination and visa application were both lodged in July 2017. All required documents were completed before lodging thinking processing will take the normal processing during that time (6 mos).

It took DOHA 19 months to open my file. Nomination got approved last week without scrutiny. Business financials were updated every quarter since lodgement.

Visa is currently on initial assessment and  DOHA is requesting for updated AFP check and medicals because initial documents got expired.

They are also asking for evidence of registration/license or non-requirement to hold. I have prepared documents and legislation to support my claim for non requirement.

Is there anyone with similar case? I may have missed information for the evidence required and any inputs will be highly appreciated?

Hi, which date of July did you apply for? Just want to update the spreadsheet. And any documents asked? Thanks

2 hours ago, Daveyy said:

It’s ok I am in same situation but my MA said it’s not mandatory , I was only couple of months short , I lodged my visa in September . 

23 minutes ago, A kaur said:

It’s ok I am in same situation but my MA said it’s not mandatory , I was only couple of months short , I lodged my visa in September . 

Well it is mandatory requirement but if its post study is the issue. What occupation are you nominated?

19 minutes ago, Daveyy said:

Well it is mandatory requirement but if its post study is the issue. What occupation are you nominated?

Restaurant manager , I do have 3 years experience but I have done couple of months casual (30 hours per week ) , I don’t know I am not positive about anything because I have already gone through so much . 

22 minutes ago, A kaur said:

Restaurant manager , I do have 3 years experience but I have done couple of months casual (30 hours per week ) , I don’t know I am not positive about anything because I have already gone through so much . 

We can only hope, look it doesnt say full time work expereince.. casual work, should be relevant as long as its paid job. You may need skill assessment under your classification.

Its silly how someone who studied here will have 3years work experience pist study when you only given 2years post study visa.. this is all shambles 

18 minutes ago, Avril23 said:

Hi I applied for my RSMS visa last year April and I am still waiting. I got my rcb( bridging visa ) I am working. Was wondering how much more longer must I wait 

What field? Believe applications are pick randomly. Mine was pick and i applied may last year

1 minute ago, Daveyy said:

What field? Believe applications are pick randomly. Mine was pick and i applied may last year

Are you a social worker? I'm surprised you don't apply through 189 with experiences. My friend just got his 190 social worker with master of social worker and 7 Ielts. 

5 minutes ago, Daveyy said:

We can only hope, look it doesnt say full time work expereince.. casual work, should be relevant as long as its paid job. You may need skill assessment under your classification.

Its silly how someone who studied here will have 3years work experience pist study when you only given 2years post study visa.. this is all shambles 

I also applied for skill assessment as well , let’s see how I go .