Visa Application Charges - New Rates from 1 July 2017

Alan Collett

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2017 at 13:34, Sanae Kaneda said:

It is good that the visa application charges have not been increased A LOT... however, I am wondering how many times Australian Immigration would change the fee every year!

Visa fees are now indexed to the consumer price index and will continue to increase every year. 

42 minutes ago, Flano said:

Almost 60 grand ( in real English money ) for a couple on a 143 and about a 3 year wait ! Are these taking the Micheal or wot.

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

There are a large number who are paying for Contributory Parent visas and the queue is lengthening.

Get your application in now if you are eligible and want to join children in Australia, because the costs of this visa aren't coming down any time soon.

Best regards.

18 hours ago, Flano said:

Application already in over 18 months ago just because there are a large number already paying doesn't make it right to wait as long as we are expected to

Even with the high fees, it's still a popular visa and there are more applicants than there are available spaces in the migration plan.  So the waiting times will continue to increase.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 12:54, MaggieMay24 said:

Even with the high fees, it's still a popular visa and there are more applicants than there are available spaces in the migration plan.  So the waiting times will continue to increase.

costs are very high in Australia and constantly rising, visa fees going up every year is to be expected

Edited by peterson

• 2 months later...

Visa 173 and 143
Why you want to get this visa.Let us analyse this visa.
When you send your son or daughter for eduction or for the job in Australia. You are almost touching the age of 60 Plus when you are becoming eligible to apply for Visa 173 or 143. The amount for this visa for both mother and father (parents ) is almost $ 100000 Plus assurance of support $14000 Plus many other unforeseen expenditure like medical etc etc. In Asian countries this amount is almost your life long earning and you just spend it to get the visa to the Australian Government which is non- refundable.only assurance of support money can be claimed after 10 years.what you get in return, Medicare PR, you can run a business or do a job. If you are on visa 173 which is temporary , you have to wait till you become the permanent Resident. How many years will it take to become PR. When you become PR than you will do certain courses from your own pocket and it is confirm you will get the job or not. Mind you, your age factor is playing. If you have to get the medicine you have to pay full amount. Centre link will not give you any thing before 10 years of your stay, after becoming PR. The rent of unit is too high and to meet the day to day expenditure it is very hard. It amount to spoiling your life at this age but if you spent the same amount in your country, you can lead a good life. I think in this amount you can come to Australia for 60 Times to see your children. No one tell you the correct things and you are the sufferer. I have come on visa 173 in 2010 and was converted to 143 but still waiting to get my citizenship. I had passed a very tough time. You must understand that your children have sufficient funds to support you for 10 years which is not a joke.
Regards

I would assume no parent would go expecting the children to support them for 10 years.  They would ensure they can support themselves. If they can't then yes the children as sponsors do have to help which everyone knows at the onset. 

Its certainly a very costly visa and many can't afford it. That's life I guess, you can or you can't. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that AOS was given and accepted after seeing the statement of account and may be other connected things. The job of the person gone, anything which he has saved spent on rent and other commodities, now the circumstances has changed. Visa holder also spent every thing which he had brought with him. Under these circumstance what they should do living in welfare state, no money to pay rent and to purchase other commodity. Not getting any job and Centrelink says can’t get anything ask AOS provider who is also jobless.
Please find the solution to this situation.

2 hours ago, MAKhan said:

I assume that AOS was given and accepted after seeing the statement of account and may be other connected things. The job of the person gone, anything which he has saved spent on rent and other commodities, now the circumstances has changed. Visa holder also spent every thing which he had brought with him. Under these circumstance what they should do living in welfare state, no money to pay rent and to purchase other commodity. Not getting any job and Centrelink says can’t get anything ask AOS provider who is also jobless.
Please find the solution to this situation.

Go home and get a job there? How would the person survive if they were in their hime country?

Edited by Nemesis