Snap General Election Called

VERYSTORMY

2 hours ago, BritChickx said:

A handful of people I know voted on the basis that they've always voted for that party. They didnt bother to watch election debates or read manifestos... really amazes me.

That's because after a while you realise the manifestos are works of fiction, whichever party wrote them.

3 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

That's because after a while you realise the manifestos are works of fiction, whichever party wrote them.

Then people shouldn't vote at all if they can't be bothered to educate themselves. Whether they believe them or not, surely people should at least take every opportunity to learn about the party they vote for. It just seems really odd to me that people vote blindly. At least people who have educated themselves can form a proper opinion. I don't believe not voting at all or blindly voting for a party is a better option...I guess it's down to an individual as to whether or not they think a party or leader is being genuine.

Edited by BritChickx

8 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Then people shouldn't vote at all if they can't be bothered to educate themselves. Whether they believe them or not, surely people should at least take every opportunity to learn about the party they vote for. It just seems really odd to me that people vote blindly. At least people who have educated themselves can form a proper opinion. I don't believe not voting at all or blindly voting for a party is a better option...I guess it's down to an individual as to whether or not they think a party or leader is being genuine.

I don't think it's  fair to say people are voting blindly. The core philosophies of the major parties don't change from term to term and you don't have to read the manifestos or listen to the debates to know what they are proposing.  Key points are covered by the media, I doubt many people read the Tory manifesto yet its being held responsible for their failure to win.

I don't think it's  fair to say people are voting blindly. The core philosophies of the major parties don't change from term to term and you don't have to read the manifestos or listen to the debates to know what they are proposing.  Key points are covered by the media, I doubt many people read the Tory manifesto yet its being held responsible for their failure to win.

Well it made a difference to me. Once I read their manifesto, coupled with not liking TM anyway and then her arrogance at not even appearing on the TV debates made me think 'nah' nothing seemed right or acceptable about it. I don't trust TM and really hope she quits soon. Also her attitude towards nurses was absolutely shocking. I've never voted Labour before but I did this election.

1 minute ago, BritChickx said:

Well it made a difference to me. Once I read their manifesto, coupled with not liking TM anyway and then her arrogance at not even appearing on the TV debates made me think 'nah' nothing seemed right or acceptable about it. I don't trust TM and really hope she quits soon. Also her attitude towards nurses was absolutely shocking. I've never voted Labour before but I did this election.

I think TM refused to do the debates because she is poor at thinking on her feet and knows it. The tories need to choose a more media savvy candidate next time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScottieGirl said:

I think TM refused to do the debates because she is poor at thinking on her feet and knows it. The tories need to choose a more media savvy candidate next time.

I think you're right.  It's a sign of the times when a leader is judged on their media skills.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

she has total snake written all over it. If you can't be genuine in what you say to your voters then you shouldn't even be leader. At least be a good liar if nothing else lol, she is neither. If you need time to think on your feet then it must say something about how honest they're being. I thought JC came through on this and he did put his hands up when he was confronted about hard topics.

Edited by BritChickx

5 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

she has total snake written all over it. If you can't be genuine in what you say to your voters then you shouldn't even be leader. At least be a good liar if nothing else lol, she is neither. If you need time to think on your feet then it must say something about how honest they're being. I thought JC came through on this and he did put his hands up when he was confronted about hard topics.

Being media savvy is a separate skill to integrity, it is quite possible to be good at TV interviews and be a complete liar. Trump comes to mind.

• Like 2

Being media savvy is a separate skill to integrity, it is quite possible to be good at TV interviews and be a complete liar. Trump comes to mind.

Yeah thats true. I just got that vibe from her. Although I also thought Trump.was a snake from day 1 lol. I supppse everyone has different pereceptions of what they believe is genuine or not... ?

1 minute ago, BritChickx said:

Yeah thats true. I just got that vibe from her. Although I also thought Trump.was a snake from day 1 lol. I supppse everyone has different pereceptions of what they believe is genuine or not... ?

you shock me britchix, I had you down as a true blue conservative ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

Im.more of a lib dem girl myself but they're doomed atm ? and I didnt agree with them trying to lobby the referendum. Im complicated haha.

TBH (i think that means to be honest) apart form the wind farms and brexit I generally agree with their policies.  The old leader Clegg seems like a top bloke, Paddy ashdown too (my mate knows him and says so)  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simmo said:

TBH (i think that means to be honest) apart form the wind farms and brexit I generally agree with their policies.  The old leader Clegg seems like a top bloke, Paddy ashdown too (my mate knows him and says so)  

I liked old cleggy but I along with other young people felt betrayed by the tuition fee thing i voted for them in 2010. In hindsight that isnt fair cos i realised they did more than I thought and didnt get any credit for it. I hope their reputation recovers now. I felt bad for clegg losing his sheffield seat.

Edited by BritChickx

9 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

I liked old cleggy but I along with other young people felt betrayed by the tuition fee thing i voted for them in 2010. In hindsight that isnt fair cos i realised they did more than I thought and didnt get any credit for it. I hope their reputation recovers now. I felt bad for clegg losing his sheffield seat.

so if you were young in 2010 (7.5 years ago) that means you are getting on a bit now hey?

• Like 1