So finally 8.5 months wait has come to an end.. got my grant yesterday.. best of luck to all of you.. its not easy to wait for approval... you will also get your approval... had my share of breakdowns & angry periods of time.. but all ended up well.. now I get to bring my family home.. next step.. to be a citizen... this forum has always been a great place of support.. thank you all for that.. timeline in signature... mine was the longest wait for approval in the long list of ppl that my company sponsored... 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 10

2 hours ago, Sheb said:

So finally 8.5 months wait has come to an end.. got my grant yesterday.. best of luck to all of you.. its not easy to wait for approval... you will also get your approval... had my share of breakdowns & angry periods of time.. but all ended up well.. now I get to bring my family home.. next step.. to be a citizen... this forum has always been a great place of support.. thank you all for that.. timeline in signature... mine was the longest wait for approval in the long list of ppl that my company sponsored... 

Congratulations! Can I ask what industry are you a sales rep in? 

I'm getting close to the 1 year mark and still haven't had my case looked at.

2 hours ago, Sheb said:

Congratulations mate

Good to see Trt approval

On 03/11/2020 at 10:14, Sheb said:

Got email from immigration this morning asking for letter from employer if the position is still available. Signature updated. Happy to see some movement.  Status changed to initial assessment. 

1 hour ago, Godders04 said:

Congratulations! Can I ask what industry are you a sales rep in? 

I'm getting close to the 1 year mark and still haven't had my case looked at.

I work in automobile service industry in NT. My company is an accredited sponsor too. 

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if we change the employer while on 457 and they are willing to take over the sponsorship if we are eligible for TRT based on the previous sponsor? I have 6 months left (to complete 3 years full time work) with my current sponsor, if i get nominated by another sponsor will I be eligible to apply for TRT in 6 months with them still?

6 hours ago, chef351311 said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if we change the employer while on 457 and they are willing to take over the sponsorship if we are eligible for TRT based on the previous sponsor? I have 6 months left (to complete 3 years full time work) with my current sponsor, if i get nominated by another sponsor will I be eligible to apply for TRT in 6 months with them still?

You can use the time worked with the previous sponsor only if it is in the same location (e.g. the new sponsor buys the place from the old sponsor) or under the same ABN (e.g.  change of location but same entity)

On 06/11/2020 at 02:26, Sheb said:

Heartiest Congratulations mate

2 minutes ago, alfre74 said:

Hi, Rabindra, exactly the same as you, Nomination January 186trt, Medical and Police in March all done but nothing,  what about you?

One friend in Sydney as cook 186TRT got granted yesterday, this is good news something is moving  

Do you know when he has been logged?

10 minutes ago, Paul888 said:

Do you know when he has been logged?

15 minutes ago, alfre74 said:

Hi, Rabindra, exactly the same as you, Nomination January 186trt, Medical and Police in March all done but nothing,  what about you?

One friend in Sydney as cook 186TRT got granted yesterday, this is good news something is moving  

Do u have his timeline.. Because i am also on 186 AS Cook from SYDNEY. I applied for Nomination in August and PR in October. My Nomination is approved in February and and still waiting for PR

Edited by Showery Prashanth Pentareddy

1 hour ago, alfre74 said:

can you share more details about your friend who got grant yesterday??

your friend gave us new hope.........

• Like 1

With God's grace, I finally got my 186 DE grant today morning!!! This forum has been a great place of advice & guidance so thank you all!

I applied as an onshore Professional Engineer (nec) from VIC. My timeline as per my Immi Account is below:

IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received 21 Sep 2020
Request for Health Examinations 21 Sep 2020
IMMI Bridging Visa Grant Notification 21 Sep 2020
s56 Request for More Information 09 Oct 2020
IMMI Grant Notification 10 Nov 2020

Overall timeline [with costs]:
- Engineers Australia MSA (Fast Track) Application - 16 July 2020 [$355 + $291]
- IELTS test - 28 July 2020 (booked just before VIC lockdown announced) [$335]
- AFP Police certificate - 25 July 2020 [$42]
- EA MSA Outcome Approval Letter - 15 Aug 2020
- Nomination filed - 04 Sept 2020
- Application filed - 21 Sept 2020 (3 yr anniversary with company)
    [$4,101 - DoHA, $4441 - EY visa consultation (my company chose them & I couldn't change 😞 )]

- Nomination approved + Request for Info - 09 Oct 2020
- Heath checks @ BUPA MVS - 10 Oct 2020 (booked immediately after VIC restrictions opened) [$387]
- Information supplied - 12 Oct 2020 (payslips, ATO NOA, PAYG, registration/licensing proof)
- Grant letter - 10 Nov 2020

Total out of pocket cost for me: ~$9,952 (Thinking of it an as a one-time investment/sunk cost and letting go) 
Total cost for company: ~$6,050 [$500 (Visa assessment) + $550 (nomination fee) + $5,000 (SAF levy)]

(Posted the costs because I got a DM asking how much it costed me overall. So I thought I'd share it here for everyone's info)

Good luck to everyone and I pray that you all hear some good news/make progress very soon too! 

Edited by gaitonde1
  • Congratulations 6

On 12/09/2020 at 00:37, A.N. said:

I have a question regarding the language test. My partner and I both did TOEFEl TEST at the beginning of July, right before we lodge our visa application. At the time, due to the pandemic we did the home edition of the test. However, today when logging in to immiaccount I a saw the following comment among other comments which appear before logging in:

Some Visa applications ask that you provide evidence of English proficiency in the form of an English test result. Please do not use test you can take at home, such as TOEFEL iBT- Special Home Edition, and IELTS indicator. 

In July, when I did the exam I did not see such information on their website. Do you have any suggestion? Shall we just go ahead and take the exam again or wait until they react? Is there  a way that I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for you help.

Hi A.N., I have the same problem " did TOEFEl TEST at the beginning of July, right before we lodge our visa application.  And I took the home edition of the test. Do you have news? 

18 hours ago, L186 said:

Mine case is also at WA. But my job is at NSW. I got Nomination Oct 2019, still waiting....... Does WA process longer than other state?

What job are you applied. Exactly same, i got nomination Oct 19. Job located at NSW, processing team WA.

4 hours ago, Gianni said:

Hi A.N., I have the same problem " did TOEFEl TEST at the beginning of July, right before we lodge our visa application.  And I took the home edition of the test. Do you have news? 

I tried to get in touch with the department and some migration agents. I have heard many different contradictory answers. It seems the department does not accept this kind of test at the moment. However, based on some migration agents, this might change in future. (They believe this is not even legal since the department made the announcement at the end of August while applicants like us have lodged their applications much earlier.)

I personally did a new TOEFL test in a center and lodged a new application. It costed me over 8000 Australian dollar, but I did not see any other option.

20 hours ago, A.N. said:

I tried to get in touch with the department and some migration agents. I have heard many different contradictory answers. It seems the department does not accept this kind of test at the moment. However, based on some migration agents, this might change in future. (They believe this is not even legal since the department made the announcement at the end of August while applicants like us have lodged their applications much earlier.)

I personally did a new TOEFL test in a center and lodged a new application. It costed me over 8000 Australian dollar, but I did not see any other option.

Thank you for sharing your experience! This is absolutely crazy, you had to file a new application and spend $8k! Not only they do not accept the test, but they also do not let us to retake the test! 

On 11/11/2020 at 10:29, two1888 said:

Anyone waiting for the onshore 186 as University Lecturer? My nomination has been submitted in April. Still waiting. 

Here! Applied in April and just asked my partner to complete the health examination (tho he is not included in the visa because he is oversea now)