14 hours ago, @dream_aus said:

Just came to know that, we can apply for medicare card after we have applied for pr.

Has anyone applied ???

yes, you can if you are on-shore.

Go medicare website and apply it. You don't need to buy the 457 insurance any more. 

just an update on my case....

I have received a s57 Natural Justice letter on 9th August. i have been given 28 days to comment on it.

This is in regards to my relationship status; I have stated separated on my application to which my ex has said that I am lying.

I have prepared the response and my Immi Agent is reviewing it at the moment.

Lets see what happens; trying to get through it.

My timelines below:

Country - India (HR)

Type of Application: ENS 186 Direct Entry

Processing Centre- NSW PESE

Dates-                                                                  Start Date                 Completed on               Received/Approved on

PCC India 17/08/2017 23/08/2017 24/08/2017
PCC Australia (AFP) 24/08/2017 24/08/2017 30/08/2017
PTE  27/08/2017 16/09/2017 18/09/2017
Skill Assessment 29/08/2017 4/10/2017 4/10/2017
Health Exam 21/11/2017 21/11/2017 22/11/2017
Nomination Lodged on 1/12/2017 1/12/2017                        23/05/2018

Visa Lodged on                                                             1/12/2017         1/12/2017                       Waiting

Request for Stat Decl. regarding                          23/05/2018           24/05/2018

relationship status

s57 Natural justice                                                09/08/2018

14 minutes ago, Mustung said:

Yes you can apply and get interim card. i recently got it

I wonder what happens to interim cards that expire due to these new longer waiting periods. They only valid for 1 year currently. 

Just now, Hex said:

I wonder what happens to interim cards that expire due to these new longer waiting periods. They only valid for 1 year currently. 

You will receive the new one automatically send to your mail box before expiring date. Don't worry.?

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

I am a 186 DE visa applicant. Applied on 21st Feb 2018 so still a long way to go. Applied as a University Lecturer.

As a 186 visa PR applicant, can I apply for childcare allowance as well? I didnt know about the medicare card! Will apply that asap.

What other perks do we get as a PR applicant?

10 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi all,

I am a 186 DE visa applicant. Applied on 21st Feb 2018 so still a long way to go. Applied as a University Lecturer.

As a 186 visa PR applicant, can I apply for childcare allowance as well? I didnt know about the medicare card! Will apply that asap.

Hi @Eddy101, I am not sure about the other perks, but I applied for my 186 DE on the same day as yours. So I hope we get the answers soon. Please let me know if they provide any update in your application ?

1 hour ago, nikimino said:

yes, you can if you are on-shore.

Go medicare website and apply it. You don't need to buy the 457 insurance any more. 

Hi I applied 186 and I got Medicare and my 186 nominations has been refused. And I’ve Bupa insurance should I’ve to keep it or I can stop. Bcz I’m paying them last 3.7 yr more 4 month left what you recommend?

14 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi @dschmidt, great to hear and good luck to both of us! From what I get from this forum it seems like it will be a very long wait though. However, being able to apply for Medicare is definitely great! Did you apply for one yourself? I hope we can also apply for the Child Care Subsidy!

Hi @Eddy101 oh yes, we have a long wait ahead, but I have hopes that we will get sooner. Yes, I did apply for the medicare as soon as I got the bridging visa granted, also I used it already and it is so much better than the student one. I am not sure about the Child Care, but I think it is only for approved residents.

9 minutes ago, Jai12 said:

Hi I applied 186 and I got Medicare and my 186 nominations has been refused. And I’ve Bupa insurance should I’ve to keep it or I can stop. Bcz I’m paying them last 3.7 yr more 4 month left what you recommend?

Keep it as you require it without private insurance you will end up paying higher medicare levy and you need private insurance for 457 visa requirement to stay in country...

8 minutes ago, Jai12 said:

Nomination refused, how about your application? If you withdrew your application or your application is also rejected, then the interim medicare card will be in-active.

If you are still on 457 then private health insurance is a must, according to its condition of the visa.

18 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi @dschmidt, great to hear and good luck to both of us! From what I get from this forum it seems like it will be a very long wait though. However, being able to apply for Medicare is definitely great! Did you apply for one yourself? I hope we can also apply for the Child Care Subsidy! 

Take what you see on this forum with a pinch of salt. We are only a small cross section of the total number of Visas applied/granted.

When you think about it - people who get a quick visa turnaround are unlikely to register / post on a forum like this one.

That's why it may feel like we are all stuck in Purgatory ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dschmidt said:

Hi @Eddy101 oh yes, we have a long wait ahead, but I have hopes that we will get sooner. Yes, I did apply for the medicare as soon as I got the bridging visa granted, also I used it already and it is so much better than the student one. I am not sure about the Child Care, but I think it is only for approved residents.

No child care subsidy I enquired we are not that lucky... Interim card is an pain as well as it doesn't cover some hospital procedures so I took private insurance (NIB is preferred and cheap..)

14 minutes ago, Jai12 said:

if you got nomination refused, then your bridging visa is expired. You have to keep buying 457 insurance again.  Better to keep everything safe. 

1 hour ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi all,

@Eddy101
You get Medicare, unfortunately - no other government perks whatsoever (including child allowance). 
-- Other than Medicare, you'd need to wait for PR before you are allowed to claim any other benefit. 

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Eddy101
You get Medicare, unfortunately - no other government perks whatsoever (including child allowance). 
-- Other than Medicare, you'd need to wait for PR before you are allowed to claim any other benefit. 

Noted with Thanks. As I am on 457, does the medicare mean I do not need a private insurance cover anymore? As previously mentioned, do you recommend me keeping my private insurance going? (with Bupa now)

23 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Take what you see on this forum with a pinch of salt. We are only a small cross section of the total number of Visas applied/granted.

When you think about it - people who get a quick visa turnaround are unlikely to register / post on a forum like this one.

That's why it may feel like we are all stuck in Purgatory ?

Sorry @boo-yaa I didn't get it.

2 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Noted with Thanks. As I am on 457, does the medicare mean I do not need a private insurance cover anymore? As previously mentioned, do you recommend me keeping my private insurance going? (with Bupa now)

@Eddy101 Keeping private medical is up to you - however, you'd hate for something to happen with your lodgement and then you have no medical aid. 
I'm in the same position and decided to keep Bupa for the time being (which i've already used for private hospital cover), so - I'd suggest you be safe, rather than sorry. 

27 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Eddy101 Keeping private medical is up to you - however, you'd hate for something to happen with your lodgement and then you have no medical aid. 
I'm in the same position and decided to keep Bupa for the time being (which i've already used for private hospital cover), so - I'd suggest you be safe, rather than sorry. 

Thanks for the advise!